Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Govt misleading public on Covid19 cases again. Shock... (Leicester Edition) 15:27 - Jun 30 with 715 viewsElderGrizzly

Govt misleading public on Covid19 cases again. Shock... (Leicester Edition) on 15:38 - Jun 30 with 654 viewsgordon

Yes, this is going to be a massive problem in the next phase - it's because everything had to be so centralised to allow Matt Hancock to pretend that he'd hit his target, but now because local health authorites / GPs etc. were completely bypassed as part of the target hitting exercise it's now very difficult to get timely, geographically specific data back out to local areas.
Govt misleading public on Covid19 cases again. Shock... (Leicester Edition) on 15:51 - Jun 30 with 624 viewssparks

If the figures are not made public, where is he getting them from?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Govt misleading public on Covid19 cases again. Shock... (Leicester Edition) on 16:24 - Jun 30 with 587 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Outrageous. I’ve based my decision sending kids back to school on local data plus being told they don’t catch it and don’t spread it. Now this on top of Hancock saying children have been particularly affected in Leicester. I can handle the truth, just serve it up to me straight please.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Govt misleading public on Covid19 cases again. Shock... (Leicester Edition) on 16:28 - Jun 30 with 576 viewsfactual_blue

They're punishing Leicester because they don't like Gary Lineker's less-than-wholehearted support for the tories.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Govt misleading public on Covid19 cases again. Shock... (Leicester Edition) on 16:44 - Jun 30 with 545 viewsSwansea_Blue

Govt misleading public on Covid19 cases again. Shock... (Leicester Edition) on 15:51 - Jun 30 by sparks

If the figures are not made public, where is he getting them from?

They're retrospective. The government doesn't publish pillar 2 tests (labs and home tests) and then only releases them to some local authorities (not all) normally with a significant delay of around a couple of weeks. Which is presumably why that chart stops at 19th June. Our current knowledge of more recent cases in Leicester will still be based on the wildly inaccurate pillar 1 tests.

They touch on it in the FT article linked in the tweet (not sure if paywall as I have access through work).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Govt misleading public on Covid19 cases again. Shock... (Leicester Edition) on 16:46 - Jun 30 with 535 viewsPlums

I was about to post this. Absolutely scandalous from this shower of chancers once again. There is no hope of getting this under control with local authorities working on two week old data.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024