Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh crikey 10:59 - Jul 1 with 1186 viewsThe_Major

List of places that could be days away from following Leicester.

Includes Suffolk.

http://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-bradford-and-london-boroughs-among-36-at-r
Oh crikey on 11:03 - Jul 1 with 1133 viewsHeathlander

This is because new cases in Suffolk has increased 50% since last week.

It's gone from 2 new cases to 3 new cases. Which means the R Rate is 1.5 in Suffolk at the moment.
Oh crikey on 11:03 - Jul 1 with 1120 viewsgiant_stow

I get how whole counties can lock down at a push, but what sense does it make to ask London boroughs to do the same? The border of Camden and Brent runs along Kilburn High Road - is one side of the road to be locked down and the other not?!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Oh crikey on 11:08 - Jul 1 with 1086 viewsSwansea_Blue

Oh crikey on 11:03 - Jul 1 by giant_stow

I get how whole counties can lock down at a push, but what sense does it make to ask London boroughs to do the same? The border of Camden and Brent runs along Kilburn High Road - is one side of the road to be locked down and the other not?!

That's what's happened along the border with Wales. There are literally streets with pubs open on one side and not on the other (or at least within sight of each other).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Oh crikey on 11:11 - Jul 1 with 1090 viewsSteve_M

The line "It has been widely reported that the 36 "at-risk" areas are" is massively irresponsible. Repeating hearsay with a get out if it is wrong.

The wider issue here is the lack of transparency for Pillar 2 testing data which would allow councils and people to manage the risk better. My post from earlier:

The UK government continues to obfuscate over Covid-19 by Steve_M 1 Jul 2020 8:27
The lockdown in Leicester is a mess because it has refused to publish Pillar 2 testing data - those performed outside of hospitals - and only made it available very late.

People can not make rational judgements about risk when the government does not keep them properly informed. Again news management over public health until it all goes wrong.

https://twitter.com/leicesterliz/status/1278075080136970240?s=20

https://twitter.com/leicesterliz/status/1278076037289652228?s=20

Although there is also this:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Oh crikey on 11:15 - Jul 1 with 1048 viewsgiant_stow

Oh crikey on 11:08 - Jul 1 by Swansea_Blue

That's what's happened along the border with Wales. There are literally streets with pubs open on one side and not on the other (or at least within sight of each other).

Its all a bit wierd and also completely ignores what happenned when northern italy was shut down on its own briefly.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Oh crikey on 11:19 - Jul 1 with 1026 viewsgiant_stow

Oh crikey on 11:11 - Jul 1 by Steve_M

The line "It has been widely reported that the 36 "at-risk" areas are" is massively irresponsible. Repeating hearsay with a get out if it is wrong.

The wider issue here is the lack of transparency for Pillar 2 testing data which would allow councils and people to manage the risk better. My post from earlier:

The UK government continues to obfuscate over Covid-19 by Steve_M 1 Jul 2020 8:27
The lockdown in Leicester is a mess because it has refused to publish Pillar 2 testing data - those performed outside of hospitals - and only made it available very late.

People can not make rational judgements about risk when the government does not keep them properly informed. Again news management over public health until it all goes wrong.

wtf. Actually, no surprise given experience of this govt.

Oh crikey on 11:27 - Jul 1 with 997 viewsSwansea_Blue

Oh crikey on 11:11 - Jul 1 by Steve_M

Yep. The BMA (amongst many others) have also been highly critical today of the lack of timely information.

The whole debacle continues to be mismanaged. As does everything else they touch (most notably the lapsing of the deadline to extend the EU transition period at midnight last night).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Oh crikey on 11:32 - Jul 1 with 983 viewsElephantintheRoom

The alternative would be to test all key workers at least once a week - and isolate those who are taking the virus home with them and into supermarkets (and to their at risk neighbours).

But the world class testing system has got to be ramped up a bit to do that - so you have been given build build build instead.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

Oh crikey on 12:01 - Jul 1 with 902 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Strange to see York on there.

It's not been reported to have been hit very hard previously, I know a couple of doctors at York hospital and they have said that it's not been particularly busy with Covid.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Oh crikey on 12:11 - Jul 1 with 866 viewsGeoffSentence

Oh crikey on 11:03 - Jul 1 by Heathlander

This is because new cases in Suffolk has increased 50% since last week.

It's gone from 2 new cases to 3 new cases. Which means the R Rate is 1.5 in Suffolk at the moment.

Yep. A whole bunch of those are places that had one or two cases last week and now have two or three this week. Realistically, if they stay at those levels there's no reason for or prospect of a local lockdown.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Oh crikey on 12:19 - Jul 1 with 841 viewsPendejo

Fingers crossed.

Have a week in a North Suffolk holiday cottage booked from 10th July to take my father on holiday and give his career (my sister) a break.

Whole of Suffolk would be stupid if the increase is in a defined area.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024