Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don't do the twitbook 15:51 - Jul 1 with 2950 viewsfactual_blue

But this was recommended to me yesterday. It's a thoroughly enjoyable read. You can decide if all the details are true or not.

The central message is clearly spot on though.

You need to read the whole 'thread', as the twitters call it.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 15:53]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I don't do the twitbook on 16:14 - Jul 1 with 2370 viewsPlums

It’s superb and a joy to read.
“We knew what we were voting for” will be the epitaph to this great nation.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

I don't do the twitbook on 16:16 - Jul 1 with 2367 viewssparks

I don't do the twitbook on 16:14 - Jul 1 by Plums

It’s superb and a joy to read.
“We knew what we were voting for” will be the epitaph to this great nation.

It doesnt really have the ring of truth to it- but that may be poetic licence rather than it being wholly innaccurate.

I have no time for Hartley Brewer- but her comment on the thread seems to have been utterly ignored- which is odd, given that she appears to suggest the whole premise is flawed...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

I don't do the twitbook on 16:20 - Jul 1 with 2341 viewsBlueBadger

I don't do the twitbook on 16:16 - Jul 1 by sparks

It doesnt really have the ring of truth to it- but that may be poetic licence rather than it being wholly innaccurate.

I have no time for Hartley Brewer- but her comment on the thread seems to have been utterly ignored- which is odd, given that she appears to suggest the whole premise is flawed...

That's remarkably generous of her to admit that the case for Brext was based on flawed premises, exaggerations, lies and outright xenophobia...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I don't do the twitbook on 16:20 - Jul 1 with 2335 viewsHerbivore

Hartley-Brewer is best ignored in all honesty.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I don't do the twitbook on 16:22 - Jul 1 with 2335 viewsGeoffSentence

True or not it is excellent entertainment and as a bonus plus point you can no long credibly claim not to do twitbook.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I don't do the twitbook on 16:23 - Jul 1 with 2328 viewssparks

I don't do the twitbook on 16:20 - Jul 1 by BlueBadger

That's remarkably generous of her to admit that the case for Brext was based on flawed premises, exaggerations, lies and outright xenophobia...

She makes the point that the couple supposedly in difficulty can simply apply for a long term visa if they can show they can support themselves...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

I don't do the twitbook on 16:24 - Jul 1 with 2319 viewsBlueBadger

I don't do the twitbook on 16:23 - Jul 1 by sparks

She makes the point that the couple supposedly in difficulty can simply apply for a long term visa if they can show they can support themselves...

In all fairness, they're Brexiteers living abroad. We're not talking about MENSA applicants who will have made an effort to actually learn about they country they're living here.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

It's already a front runner for this year's...... on 16:30 - Jul 1 with 2293 viewsBloots

….DHOTYA.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Login to get fewer ads

I don't do the twitbook on 17:00 - Jul 1 with 2236 viewsbournemouthblue

I don't do the twitbook on 16:24 - Jul 1 by BlueBadger

In all fairness, they're Brexiteers living abroad. We're not talking about MENSA applicants who will have made an effort to actually learn about they country they're living here.

I know a work colleague had voted to leave and yet was planning to emigrate to Spain

Honestly you can't make it up

I also know a Brit who lives in Sweden who had voted Leave

Where do we get these people from?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

It's already a front runner for this year's...... on 17:01 - Jul 1 with 2228 viewsfactual_blue

It's already a front runner for this year's...... on 16:30 - Jul 1 by Bloots

….DHOTYA.

I'd see it more as a contender for the ALOPWPTTICBT Prize*

*'A Lot Of People Would Prefer To Think It Can't Be True' Prize

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I don't do the twitbook on 17:03 - Jul 1 with 2225 viewsfooters

I don't do the twitbook on 17:00 - Jul 1 by bournemouthblue

I know a work colleague had voted to leave and yet was planning to emigrate to Spain

Honestly you can't make it up

I also know a Brit who lives in Sweden who had voted Leave

Where do we get these people from?

"Where do we get these people from?"

The UK. Which is why I suspect Europe won't miss many of our citizens too much. But sadly we still have to share a country with them.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I don't do the twitbook on 17:13 - Jul 1 with 2197 viewsbournemouthblue

I don't do the twitbook on 17:03 - Jul 1 by footers

"Where do we get these people from?"

The UK. Which is why I suspect Europe won't miss many of our citizens too much. But sadly we still have to share a country with them.

I always wonder what the Spanish think of our emigrants who tend to take over certain areas, install their own businesses and generally try and impart their own culture on the area

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I don't do the twitbook on 17:15 - Jul 1 with 2191 viewsgiant_stow

Sorry to be dim, but what was the first part of the story? Why do they have to move - no residency?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I don't do the twitbook on 17:17 - Jul 1 with 2182 viewsvilanovablue

There are about 1,000 responses to Hartley-Brewer on the thread.

Whilst I think it maybe have been amped up for the Twitterati my family live in France and some of the people they know in the ex-pat community have some very peculiar views when it comes to Brexit the myopic idiocy on offer is staggering.

My family voted remain just for the sake of clarity.
I don't do the twitbook on 17:21 - Jul 1 with 2174 viewsBlueBadger

I don't do the twitbook on 17:17 - Jul 1 by vilanovablue

There are about 1,000 responses to Hartley-Brewer on the thread.

Whilst I think it maybe have been amped up for the Twitterati my family live in France and some of the people they know in the ex-pat community have some very peculiar views when it comes to Brexit the myopic idiocy on offer is staggering.

My family voted remain just for the sake of clarity.

The in-laws have been resident in Portugal for five years. Again, some of the British economic migrants over there have been astonishingly thick about the whole thing. Several of them are astounded to discover that they've also been learning how to speak Portuguese as well.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 18:37]

I don't do the twitbook on 17:21 - Jul 1 with 2169 viewsIllinoisblue

Already outed as fake but an amusing read nonetheless

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I don't do the twitbook on 17:22 - Jul 1 with 2168 viewsfooters

I don't do the twitbook on 17:13 - Jul 1 by bournemouthblue

I always wonder what the Spanish think of our emigrants who tend to take over certain areas, install their own businesses and generally try and impart their own culture on the area

It's a fair cultural exchange. The Brits get Gaudi, Goya, Iberico ham, Rioja, Cervantes, Velazquez, manchego and tapas.

And the Spanish get ham, egg and chips, Carling and karaoke.

I don't do the twitbook on 17:34 - Jul 1 with 2130 viewsBlueBadger

I don't do the twitbook on 17:22 - Jul 1 by footers

It's a fair cultural exchange. The Brits get Gaudi, Goya, Iberico ham, Rioja, Cervantes, Velazquez, manchego and tapas.

And the Spanish get ham, egg and chips, Carling and karaoke.

Ah now, don't forget all the endless Fools and Horses repeats.

I don't do the twitbook on 17:38 - Jul 1 with 2121 viewsJakeITFC

I don't do the twitbook on 16:23 - Jul 1 by sparks

Think the cost of supporting themselves is massively increased for citizens once we are outside of the EU (medical insurance requirements being one such thing mentioned).
I don't do the twitbook on 17:38 - Jul 1 with 2119 viewsfooters

I don't do the twitbook on 17:34 - Jul 1 by BlueBadger

Ah now, don't forget all the endless Fools and Horses repeats.

Don't knock Only Fools repeats, you plum.

I don't do the twitbook on 17:44 - Jul 1 with 2105 viewsBlueBadger

I don't do the twitbook on 17:38 - Jul 1 by footers

Don't knock Only Fools repeats, you plum.

I've gone too far here, haven't I?

I don't do the twitbook on 18:41 - Jul 1 with 2030 viewsSwansea_Blue

You're a very wise person FB. It's a strange place. I stumbled onto this thread yesterday. The replies are mind blowing. I don't know whether these are real people, or trolls or bots. If this is a cross section of how people are genuinely thinking in the UK right now, we're f'kd.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I don't do the twitbook on 19:32 - Jul 1 with 1957 viewsjeera

Not feeling the glee on this one.

Although it appears to be made up in this instance, the prospect of the extra hurdles in movement and living/retiring abroad is sickening for those who didn't vote that way.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I don't do the twitbook on 19:39 - Jul 1 with 1944 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don't do the twitbook on 17:15 - Jul 1 by giant_stow

Sorry to be dim, but what was the first part of the story? Why do they have to move - no residency?

I don't think they have to. It seems they have a holiday home and the parents were planning to retire there. (At this point, it's worth me saying I don't care if it's true - it's a very funny story whether true or not).

Beyond this bit it's just a dream:

"New message from the Father. He's asking me to "look after" his son when he's here. This is the second time he's requested this.

It's possible he's asking for the Corleone option."

The boss, lawyer, the mayor. All wondwrful additions.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 19:40]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I don't do the twitbook on 19:40 - Jul 1 with 1937 viewsgordon

I don't do the twitbook on 18:41 - Jul 1 by Swansea_Blue

You're a very wise person FB. It's a strange place. I stumbled onto this thread yesterday. The replies are mind blowing. I don't know whether these are real people, or trolls or bots. If this is a cross section of how people are genuinely thinking in the UK right now, we're f'kd.

Surely we should be blaming the EU for this?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024