Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... 20:37 - Jul 1 with 3649 viewsFixed_It

...and have been in steady decline for a while, but you're not a true Town fan if you can't find pleasure in seeing how Naarwich are giving up without so much as a whimper (or tweet) as their season stumbles to a slow and painful end.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 20:40 - Jul 1 with 2621 viewsgainsboroughblue

Best team to be relegated from the Prem.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 20:41 - Jul 1 with 2620 viewsPJH

Yes I have a resumption season ticket for their games on TV and have enjoyed their 100% record over the first four games.
I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 20:48 - Jul 1 with 2593 views3_5_2

what we could give to be relegated to the championship ( where we have threatened only once since 2000 to go up from) Allied to their huge parachute payments, over 25k in every week and likely to be favourites to go back up, I find it hard to take any pleasure from it

Actually, I care so little about them because of where we are (in every sense)

Not exactly taking the P!ss from a position of strength are we?

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 20:51 - Jul 1 with 2579 viewsPendejo

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 20:48 - Jul 1 by 3_5_2

what we could give to be relegated to the championship ( where we have threatened only once since 2000 to go up from) Allied to their huge parachute payments, over 25k in every week and likely to be favourites to go back up, I find it hard to take any pleasure from it

Did I imagine other play off campaigns... Which one did we threaten?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 20:52 - Jul 1 with 2572 viewsPJH

No but it is always good watching them lose.
I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 20:52 - Jul 1 with 2572 views3_5_2

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 20:51 - Jul 1 by Pendejo

Did I imagine other play off campaigns... Which one did we threaten?

losing semi v scum in Micks tenure?

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 20:54 - Jul 1 with 2566 viewsPJH

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 20:52 - Jul 1 by 3_5_2

What about the two Joe Royle playoff seasons against West Ham?
I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 20:56 - Jul 1 with 2556 views3_5_2

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 20:54 - Jul 1 by PJH

What about the two Joe Royle playoff seasons against West Ham?

Fair point

However, I find it hard to take any pleasure from their relegation given the car crash we find ourself in

Login to get fewer ads

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 20:59 - Jul 1 with 2552 viewsPJH

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 20:56 - Jul 1 by 3_5_2

Fair point

However, I find it hard to take any pleasure from their relegation given the car crash we find ourself in

I always take pleasure in their relegation whatever our own situation is.

When they get relegated is the only time that I watch Look East and About Anglia whatever they are called.
I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 20:59 - Jul 1 with 2548 viewsFixed_It

Can you read?!

Ready! Steady! Cook!

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 21:18 - Jul 1 with 2498 viewsWickets

Must be a plus for them being one league above instead of two ! I live in hope that next season they will get relegated again and we will get promoted !
I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 21:32 - Jul 1 with 2451 viewsHerbivore

I only really care about Norwich when we're playing them, so I might allow myself a chuckle at them going down but I'm not all that bothered. I've never lived in Ipswich though but have lived in Norwich for nearly 20 years so I probably don't have the same intensity of feeling about it as a good old Suffolk buh.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 21:34 - Jul 1 with 2446 viewsMullet

Imagine how bad we'll be when the games start again for us!

The delusion they have as if they are somehow going down gallantly, or even unfairly is so them.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 21:43 - Jul 1 with 2415 viewsFixed_It

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 21:32 - Jul 1 by Herbivore

I only really care about Norwich when we're playing them, so I might allow myself a chuckle at them going down but I'm not all that bothered. I've never lived in Ipswich though but have lived in Norwich for nearly 20 years so I probably don't have the same intensity of feeling about it as a good old Suffolk buh.

I lived there during and after uni. Lovely city - but living there just intensified my hatred of all things yellow and green. It was, however, at a time when we were arguably one of the best teams in the country which made the situation bearable!

Ready! Steady! Cook!

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 21:44 - Jul 1 with 2408 views3_5_2

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 21:34 - Jul 1 by Mullet

Imagine how bad we'll be when the games start again for us!

The delusion they have as if they are somehow going down gallantly, or even unfairly is so them.

such is the plight of our club at the moment, I take little pleasure in their demise

It is very possible they will have a better season than us whenever that happens

Still, new home kit is decent (if you ignore the awful video, who thought to mention Jackson in the same breath as Mariner ffs)
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 22:50]

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 21:48 - Jul 1 with 2391 viewsHerbivore

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 21:43 - Jul 1 by Fixed_It

I lived there during and after uni. Lovely city - but living there just intensified my hatred of all things yellow and green. It was, however, at a time when we were arguably one of the best teams in the country which made the situation bearable!

It is a lovely city. As the years go by it also seems to be increasingly populated by ex UEA and art school students who have stayed on and that seems to dilute how much yellow and green you see outside of match days. Think quite a lot of the fan base travel into the city for games.

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 22:13 - Jul 1 with 2331 viewsSwansea_Blue

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 21:32 - Jul 1 by Herbivore

I'm not in the slightest bit bothered. If I had to have a view, gun against the head, I'd say I'd rahter they stay in the top flight and we were up ther with them. The derbys would be great then if we were both decent PL teams.

But actually, I'm not fussed either way whatever they do.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 22:19 - Jul 1 with 2303 viewsSimonds92

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 20:52 - Jul 1 by 3_5_2

We never threatened to go up though did we. We scraped in to the playoffs and not sure anyone realistically expected us to pull it off. The times under Royle were different because on our day we could have beaten anyone with that team.
I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 22:35 - Jul 1 with 2242 viewsHerbivore

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 22:19 - Jul 1 by Simonds92

We never threatened to go up though did we. We scraped in to the playoffs and not sure anyone realistically expected us to pull it off. The times under Royle were different because on our day we could have beaten anyone with that team.

Scraped into the play offs is a bit of a stretch. We were in.the top 6 pretty much all season, certainly from before Christmas onwards, and we accrued 78 points which will always get you in the top 6. We beat Watford away that year, who went up, and Boro who made the play off final. Two draws with Bournemouth who went up. We were underdogs, especially as annoyingly we found Norwich hard to play against, but at half time in the second leg I doubt many people felt we weren't really in with a shout.

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 23:40 - Jul 1 with 2174 viewstextbackup

laughing at them going down, as we finished 11th in league 1, really is the ultimate tinpot

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 23:49 - Jul 1 with 2154 viewsrgp1

Parachute payments don't mean jack! Just look at those fine examples Boro, Stoke and huddersfield! All with parachute money and all at the wrong end of the championship.
I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 07:40 - Jul 2 with 1962 viewsFixed_It

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 23:40 - Jul 1 by textbackup

laughing at them going down, as we finished 11th in league 1, really is the ultimate tinpot

Just because we're struggling doesn't mean we can't take some pleasure in their impending relegation. If you are sitting there hoping they survive as some sort of perverse punishment for our own woes then you really are an odd one!

Ready! Steady! Cook!

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 07:45 - Jul 2 with 1937 viewsPJH

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 07:40 - Jul 2 by Fixed_It

Just because we're struggling doesn't mean we can't take some pleasure in their impending relegation. If you are sitting there hoping they survive as some sort of perverse punishment for our own woes then you really are an odd one!

Certainly, although the sooner it is confirmed the better.

Although I want West Ham to go down at least their winning last night did Naarwich a bit more damage.
I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 08:26 - Jul 2 with 1875 viewsElephantintheRoom

Wierd attitude. Norwich are on a different planet, let alone a different level to Town. You have a bad case of envy that is laughable really - and makes Town fans look bitter and twisted.

I'm not sure anyone expected Norwich to stay up and their approach has been a tad more sustainable than Villa's and Bournemouth's if those are the two tumbling down with them.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 08:42 - Jul 2 with 1832 viewsHerbivore

I know we're a bit rubbish at the moment... on 08:26 - Jul 2 by ElephantintheRoom

Wierd attitude. Norwich are on a different planet, let alone a different level to Town. You have a bad case of envy that is laughable really - and makes Town fans look bitter and twisted.

I'm not sure anyone expected Norwich to stay up and their approach has been a tad more sustainable than Villa's and Bournemouth's if those are the two tumbling down with them.

Ooh, so much edge.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024