Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge 23:04 - Jul 1 with 4109 viewsle2blue

Apache and some big monster helicopters been circling around and hovering for most of the evening. Bloody noisy! Maybe Trumps popping to Aldeburgh.
In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 23:37 - Jul 1 with 4050 viewscatch74

I grew up in that area, mostly A10’s back in the day, forgotten about them. I remember visiting Bentwaters as a primary school trip and sat in the cockpit. That gun at the front is a monster.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 08:30 - Jul 2 with 3855 viewsandytown

Couple of days ago seemed to be a lot of helicopter activity around Braintree
In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 08:38 - Jul 2 with 3826 viewsAlan_Handsome

Im near Duxford and every day at the moment there seems to be big military helicopters flying past, usually in groups of 2 or 3, always travelling NE to SW? For maybe 2 weeks now. Never seen it before.

You can't polish a turd....but you can sprinkle it with glitter!

In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 08:51 - Jul 2 with 3806 viewsMeadowlark

In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 08:38 - Jul 2 by Alan_Handsome

Im near Duxford and every day at the moment there seems to be big military helicopters flying past, usually in groups of 2 or 3, always travelling NE to SW? For maybe 2 weeks now. Never seen it before.

I live on the coast and seem to be on the flightpath in to Mildenhall/Lakenheath. There always seems to be at least one regular US military freighter per day inward bound, but last few days I've noticed many more. There was almost a convoy yesterday morning!
Could just be that I've never seen/heard them all before.
In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 09:36 - Jul 2 with 3728 viewsChondzoresk

Big military exercise between US, UK and Italian air forces this week. Was mentioned on local news today.
In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 09:44 - Jul 2 with 3694 viewsblueprint

In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 08:38 - Jul 2 by Alan_Handsome

Same in Braintree. Apaches flying over nearly everyday and the odd chinook.
In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 10:36 - Jul 2 with 3649 viewshampstead_blue

Down in Wiltshire we had a gaggle of Apache's over cricket nets on Tuesday.
Love it.

We get a healthy selection whopping around. As I was Airmobile and Airborne it's like a home from home. Love it.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 10:43 - Jul 2 with 3642 viewsGeoffSentence

In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 23:37 - Jul 1 by catch74

I grew up in that area, mostly A10’s back in the day, forgotten about them. I remember visiting Bentwaters as a primary school trip and sat in the cockpit. That gun at the front is a monster.

Mate of mine got hauled up in front of the commandant (not sure of correct terminology) for driving a dumper truck over the runway at Bentwaters as an A10 was taking off.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 10:53 - Jul 2 with 3620 viewsSteve_M

In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 23:37 - Jul 1 by catch74

A10s and then RAF Woodbridge was used for search and rescue by the USAF so there were C130s and CH53s flying around too. Plus the Phantoms out of Wattisham.

I enjoyed watching the panes as a kid and going to the open days on the bases, watching commercial airliners over London isn't quite the same thing.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 10:55 - Jul 2 with 3616 viewsgiant_stow

In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 10:36 - Jul 2 by hampstead_blue

Down in Wiltshire we had a gaggle of Apache's over cricket nets on Tuesday.
Love it.

We get a healthy selection whopping around. As I was Airmobile and Airborne it's like a home from home. Love it.

I happenned to be driving through Larkhill the other day (ahem) and noticed lots more hardwear out and about than normal.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2020 10:55]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 11:02 - Jul 2 with 3591 viewsflimflam

Always have Apaches flying over pretty much daily and usually 2 or more.

Quite impressive bits of kit you want on your side and not against you.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 11:59 - Jul 2 with 3523 viewsTIB

My old man was stationed there for a while in early 90's. I still have a photo sat with Santa in an A10...far better than Rudolph and his mates!!!

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 12:02 - Jul 2 with 3520 viewsIpswichKnight

In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 11:02 - Jul 2 by flimflam

Always have Apaches flying over pretty much daily and usually 2 or more.

Quite impressive bits of kit you want on your side and not against you.

We get the chinnoks coming overhead quite a bit as they are based just down the road, they are more scary when they are flying without the naigation lights at night as you can hear them but can not see them at all. We've also got the Army ranges just over the canal from us that is fun when they are doing night firing all you get all night is BOOM BOOM .. BOOM BOOM.

Sounds like the choppers you saw where the big Merlins.
In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 13:17 - Jul 2 with 3436 viewsNthQldITFC

In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 09:36 - Jul 2 by Chondzoresk

Big military exercise between US, UK and Italian air forces this week. Was mentioned on local news today.

The Italian ones are the ones flying backwards.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 14:18 - Jul 2 with 3391 viewshampstead_blue

In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 10:55 - Jul 2 by giant_stow

I happenned to be driving through Larkhill the other day (ahem) and noticed lots more hardwear out and about than normal.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2020 10:55]

Ssssh......!

Have to say I do love the sound of a chinook. The best part was the warm blast of jet wash as it lifted-off. Then (hopefully) silence.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 16:10 - Jul 2 with 3329 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 14:18 - Jul 2 by hampstead_blue

Ssssh......!

Have to say I do love the sound of a chinook. The best part was the warm blast of jet wash as it lifted-off. Then (hopefully) silence.

Just before the faint hint of napalm!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 16:18 - Jul 2 with 3315 viewshampstead_blue

In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 16:10 - Jul 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

Just before the faint hint of napalm!

don't forget the burning flesh of the prols.

In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 22:36 - Jul 2 with 3195 viewsflimflam

In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 12:02 - Jul 2 by IpswichKnight

We get the chinnoks coming overhead quite a bit as they are based just down the road, they are more scary when they are flying without the naigation lights at night as you can hear them but can not see them at all. We've also got the Army ranges just over the canal from us that is fun when they are doing night firing all you get all night is BOOM BOOM .. BOOM BOOM.

Sounds like the choppers you saw where the big Merlins.

Deffo Apaches as are based a few miles or so up the road at Wattisham.

Have had the pleasure of being in a Chinook several times, often being dumped on Salisbury Plains in pitch darkness.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 23:30 - Jul 2 with 3159 viewsSpruceMoose

In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 16:18 - Jul 2 by hampstead_blue

don't forget the burning flesh of the prols.

Hilarious.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 11:58 - Jul 3 with 3002 viewssoupytwist

In other news...lots of helicopter movements around Saxmundham and Woodbridge on 09:44 - Jul 2 by blueprint

Same in Braintree. Apaches flying over nearly everyday and the odd chinook.

Following them on freedar.uk they seem to follow the A131 up to Halstead and on towards Sudbury.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024