Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
China really are quite outrageous in their statements 08:47 - Jul 2 with 2224 viewsStokieBlue

Their response to the UK offer to HK nationals:

"China’s ambassador to the UK, Liu Xiaoming, said on Thursday this would be a violation of agreements between the two countries"

That is incredible given they have just torn up the same agreement to implement an authoritarian policy over HK.

Really this should impact China hugely, they have been shown to not keep their side of legal agreements so people really shouldn't deal with them - what is the point if only one side ever honours the agreement. Of course in reality that won't happen and things will plod along. I was listening to a show the other day which was highlighting how much China has changed back to authoritarian ways under Xi.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/02/china-could-prevent-hongkongers-mo

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

China really are quite outrageous in their statements on 09:12 - Jul 2 with 2151 viewsmidastouch

Gabriel Gatehouse did a sobering piece on Newsnight about Hong Kong last night. He also did a piece on Russia the night before. Both are worth a watch on iPlayer if you haven't already seen them.
Sadly Xi Jinping doesn't give two hoots about democracy or the rule of law.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

China really are quite outrageous in their statements on 09:23 - Jul 2 with 2084 viewsitfcjoe

Need to bin off Huawei ASAP

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

China really are quite outrageous in their statements on 09:24 - Jul 2 with 2086 viewsgiant_stow

I wonder whether its time to back off China while we still can - the thought of them increasingly at the heart of world's systems and order is getting pretty disturbing.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

China really are quite outrageous in their statements on 09:24 - Jul 2 with 2085 viewsRadlett_blue

China is one of the 2 most powerful nations in the world and the undisputed King of Asia. The reality is that there is very little the rest of the world can do about it, short of threatening a war (an absolute non starter) or economic sanctions (which would hurt the other countries as much, if not more).

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

China really are quite outrageous in their statements on 09:25 - Jul 2 with 2082 viewsGeoffSentence

It seems to be normal for big powerful countries to ignore agreements made in good faith these days. See also the US with the Iran nuclear deal and the Paris Accord.

Normal decent diplomacy has gone.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

China really are quite outrageous in their statements on 09:37 - Jul 2 with 2052 viewsSwansea_Blue

China really are quite outrageous in their statements on 09:23 - Jul 2 by itfcjoe

FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!!!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

China really are quite outrageous in their statements on 10:14 - Jul 2 with 2002 viewsGeoffSentence

China really are quite outrageous in their statements on 09:23 - Jul 2 by itfcjoe

We should reverse engineer all their good stuff then make a sell good knock-offs of it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

China really are quite outrageous in their statements on 10:17 - Jul 2 with 1993 viewsgiant_stow

China really are quite outrageous in their statements on 10:14 - Jul 2 by GeoffSentence

We should reverse engineer all their good stuff then make a sell good knock-offs of it.

arf!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

China really are quite outrageous in their statements on 10:43 - Jul 2 with 1940 viewshampstead_blue

Is there a Government willing to actually stand-up and do something which will hurt China?

Piece in yesterday's Times about a business club which basically ignores all the negative and suckles on Chinese investment and consumer demand. Blair among others part of it (as stated on their website which Blair obviously denied).

I fear for us all. Uncle Xi is watching you, and you, and you. Those darn thought police again.....

Inspiration for a poll....

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

China really are quite outrageous in their statements on 11:14 - Jul 2 with 1887 viewsbournemouthblue

These are the countries we will be pleading to do deals with, now we have left the EU

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

China really are quite outrageous in their statements on 11:19 - Jul 2 with 1879 viewsSteve_M

The only small consolation is that they are absolutely furious at the offer of citizenship from the UK, US and Australia. That is minor of course.

China is demonstrating however, over HK, the south China sea, the Indian border that it does not feel any need to be bound by either international law or norms. Depressing and dangerous, even more so with the US lead by an unstable narcissist.

Good summary of the likely impacts here:

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2020/07/hong-kong-china-nation

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

China really are quite outrageous in their statements on 12:27 - Jul 2 with 1806 viewsDubtractor

China really are quite outrageous in their statements on 10:14 - Jul 2 by GeoffSentence

Have a great British smartphone made by british Leyland. That kind of thing?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

China really are quite outrageous in their statements on 10:13 - Jul 3 with 1621 viewsmidastouch

China really are quite outrageous in their statements on 09:12 - Jul 2 by midastouch

Gabriel Gatehouse did a sobering piece on Newsnight about Hong Kong last night. He also did a piece on Russia the night before. Both are worth a watch on iPlayer if you haven't already seen them.
Sadly Xi Jinping doesn't give two hoots about democracy or the rule of law.

Both have been uploaded by the BBC to YouTube as well now:

https://twitter.com/ggatehouse

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

China really are quite outrageous in their statements on 10:27 - Jul 3 with 1586 viewsTractorWood

China really are quite outrageous in their statements on 11:19 - Jul 2 by Steve_M

The only small consolation is that they are absolutely furious at the offer of citizenship from the UK, US and Australia. That is minor of course.

China is demonstrating however, over HK, the south China sea, the Indian border that it does not feel any need to be bound by either international law or norms. Depressing and dangerous, even more so with the US lead by an unstable narcissist.

Good summary of the likely impacts here:

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2020/07/hong-kong-china-nation

This latest law is instead “a bloodless version” of China’s 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre, he told me. “People tend to focus on the killing [at Tiananmen], but the killing was an instrument,” Tsang said. “The objective was to intimidate and terrify the people so that people don’t even think about [protesting] again.”

It's absolutely farcical.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

China really are quite outrageous in their statements on 10:29 - Jul 3 with 1582 viewsGlasgowBlue

Two days ago the UN Human Rights Council unbelievably voted 53-27 to support China’s crackdown in Hong Kong.

The motion was proposed by Cuba and backed by those lovable, well known defenders of human rights and freedom such as North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Palestine.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

China really are quite outrageous in their statements on 10:35 - Jul 3 with 1570 viewsKeno

China really are quite outrageous in their statements on 10:29 - Jul 3 by GlasgowBlue

Two days ago the UN Human Rights Council unbelievably voted 53-27 to support China’s crackdown in Hong Kong.

The motion was proposed by Cuba and backed by those lovable, well known defenders of human rights and freedom such as North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Palestine.

reminds me of Bob Geldorfs opening comments to the UN after Band Aid

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

China really are quite outrageous in their statements on 12:58 - Jul 3 with 1513 viewshampstead_blue

China really are quite outrageous in their statements on 10:35 - Jul 3 by Keno

reminds me of Bob Geldorfs opening comments to the UN after Band Aid

most of the aid sent went straight to the armies and crooks in the ports.

There is a good audiobook, Putin a Prisoner of Power. Free in audible.
Some feel he's painted himself into a corner.

https://www.somethinelse.com/projects/putin-prisoner-of-power/

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

China really are quite outrageous in their statements on 14:39 - Jul 3 with 1459 viewsElephantintheRoom

You assume a rabid right wing Tory clique that is hostile to immigration actually meant what it said about waving in 3 million immigrants?

I think you will find the hostile environmentalists had read the small print too

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024