Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Starkey - there wouldn't be so many damn blacks... 12:11 - Jul 2 with 5713 viewsElderGrizzly

Starkey’s take on slavery and genocide.

David Starkey - there wouldn't be so many damn blacks... on 13:11 - Jul 3 with 337 viewsSwansea_Blue

David Starkey - there wouldn't be so many damn blacks... on 08:39 - Jul 3 by GlasgowBlue

When did Darren Grimes become a thing? I’d vaguely heard about him with regards to the electoral commission but since he was cleared he seems to be all over my Twitter feed like a rash. Usually with half my feed condemning him and the other half retweeting him.

Oh and even though Starkey was factually correct re genocide, using the words “damn blacks” isracist and appalling.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 8:48]

BeLeave/VoteLeave gave him a 'legitimate' platform and he's been a festering boil in the social media culture war ever since. He was a pro-Brexit propagandist throughout the whole Brexit period.

I don't know why people bother with him. And to be fair, I suppose not many people do. People not on twitter won't have heard of him.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

David Starkey - there wouldn't be so many damn blacks... on 14:00 - Jul 3 with 297 viewsgordon

David Starkey - there wouldn't be so many damn blacks... on 17:45 - Jul 2 by matteoblue

Yes that's correct, it is very silly to try and cheapen the word 'genocide' when it is something that seriously damages or wipes out an entire race of people. Starkey is just stating facts here, but what is interesting is attempts by people who want people silenced who are merely voicing intelligent opinions. It was mentioned on this thread that it could be said that there are plenty of Jews around so how could there be a genocide. Well that's really not the case. There were over 16 million Jews in Europe before WW2, and now about 1 million. So it really cannot be compared to a comment like that.

I'm not aware of anyone wanting him silenced - he can say what he wants as far as I'm concerned, and people are welcome to call him racist, intelligent, stupid, pompous or whatever in response.

But given that he's obviously racist, if I were in charge of a university, television station, newspaper or whatever, I wouldn't want to a) give him a platform, b) give his tepid ideas a veneer of authority or c) associate my brand with his racism.

And if any organisation continues to do so, I'm sure we'd all enthusiastically support everyone's right to express themselves freely on the matter of that decision.
David Starkey - there wouldn't be so many damn blacks... on 15:24 - Jul 3 with 264 viewsitfcjoe

David Starkey - there wouldn't be so many damn blacks... on 09:14 - Jul 3 by ElderGrizzly

He seems to be a new breed of vacant mouthpieces, such as Harwood, Emily Hewertson etc

Say something vaguely controversial, but not illegal and get invited on numerous shows to peddle your nonsense.

Then you dig behind who is funding their ventures and it all gets more sinister

If you are young, and a right wing Tory and willing to sell your soul there is a mrket for you 'in the interest of balance'

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024