Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So farewell then Café Rouge 18:04 - Jul 2 with 1595 viewsfactual_blue

Into admin, and loads closing, including the one in Bury St Edmunds. The end of French cuisine in West Suffolk.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So farewell then Café Rouge on 18:07 - Jul 2 with 1577 viewssparks

The Great House in Lavenham will presumably now be inundated with exciting new customers.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

So farewell then Café Rouge on 18:10 - Jul 2 with 1559 viewsGeoffSentence

Not true. You can still pick up a pain au chocolat in Greggs in Abbeygate,

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So farewell then Café Rouge on 22:17 - Jul 2 with 1369 viewsrgp1

If we assume that 5 million will or could possibly be unemployed then I reckon that will be almost half a billion a week payed out in jobseekers allowance. Add to that the lack of things such as income tax from these unemployed and the other out of work benefits then could this possibly cost the government upwards of a billion pound a week! Has Boris found Teresa's magical money tree?
So farewell then Café Rouge on 22:44 - Jul 2 with 1325 viewsSuperblue95

I didn’t realise you did RIPs for businesses too

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

So farewell then Café Rouge on 22:52 - Jul 2 with 1310 viewsjeera

So farewell then Café Rouge on 22:44 - Jul 2 by Superblue95

I didn’t realise you did RIPs for businesses too

#allbasescovered

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So farewell then Café Rouge on 22:53 - Jul 2 with 1307 viewsjeera

So farewell then Café Rouge on 18:10 - Jul 2 by GeoffSentence

Not true. You can still pick up a pain au chocolat in Greggs in Abbeygate,

That's a bit harsh.

They did a nice Eggs Benedict.

Not sure that's strictly French mind.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So farewell then Café Rouge on 22:53 - Jul 2 with 1306 viewssparks

So farewell then Café Rouge on 22:17 - Jul 2 by rgp1

If we assume that 5 million will or could possibly be unemployed then I reckon that will be almost half a billion a week payed out in jobseekers allowance. Add to that the lack of things such as income tax from these unemployed and the other out of work benefits then could this possibly cost the government upwards of a billion pound a week! Has Boris found Teresa's magical money tree?

not sure what you are getting at there. Are you suggesting that the government should bail out cafe rouge? Or that they chose to incur the stress of hte current crisis on the economy?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

So farewell then Café Rouge on 23:37 - Jul 2 with 1251 viewsrgp1

So farewell then Café Rouge on 22:53 - Jul 2 by sparks

not sure what you are getting at there. Are you suggesting that the government should bail out cafe rouge? Or that they chose to incur the stress of hte current crisis on the economy?

I'm not getting at anything to be honest. But at some point the pain of all this economics mess will become real and not just on paper.
Login to get fewer ads

So farewell then Café Rouge on 13:00 - Jul 3 with 1029 viewshampstead_blue

French cuisine?
The one in Hampstead was awful. Microwave filth.

Best gone imho. Get a proper independent into the space. Bills in Brighton was so new when it opened. We still go there when we visit friends.

https://www.bills-website.co.uk/

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

So farewell then Café Rouge on 13:02 - Jul 3 with 1024 viewsPrideOfTheEast

So farewell then Café Rouge on 13:00 - Jul 3 by hampstead_blue

French cuisine?

Best gone imho. Get a proper independent into the space. Bills in Brighton was so new when it opened. We still go there when we visit friends.

Yep, the one near us was rubbish too. Won't be missed.
So farewell then Café Rouge on 13:46 - Jul 3 with 993 viewsGeoffSentence

So farewell then Café Rouge on 13:00 - Jul 3 by hampstead_blue

French cuisine?

I've been to a Bill's once, the one in Camberley. It's much like any other of those mid market chain joints, but on the plus side it's 'own' beer is actually Adnams with their label on it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So farewell then Café Rouge on 13:51 - Jul 3 with 971 viewsclive_baker

Absolutely dire chain, good riddance.

Feel for the staff impacted though, needless to say. It's a nice property in Bury too, hopefully the lease can be taken over by something decent that gets sufficient custom to make it sustainable. The future of the high street looks incredibly bleak though, it has to be said.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

So farewell then Café Rouge on 16:13 - Jul 3 with 922 viewshampstead_blue

So farewell then Café Rouge on 13:46 - Jul 3 by GeoffSentence

I've been to a Bill's once, the one in Camberley. It's much like any other of those mid market chain joints, but on the plus side it's 'own' beer is actually Adnams with their label on it.

I lived in Brighton when Bills was first opened. Very nice and enjoyed it's vibe.

Cafe Rouge, pants.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024