Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan's administrators acknowledge 12 expressions of interest in buying club 18:33 - Jul 2 with 2282 viewsmonty_radio

So what have Wigan got, in terms of potential, that we don't have?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Wigan's administrators acknowledge 12 expressions of interest in buying club on 12:55 - Jul 3 with 402 viewsWeWereZombies

Wigan's administrators acknowledge 12 expressions of interest in buying club on 12:12 - Jul 3 by monty_radio

O.K. I couldn't comment there, though surely the administrators would want to safeguard their own reputation, no?

Exactly, they have to look at why Wigan were put into administration just four weeks after a sale - or at least demonstrate that they have covered that question when they were ambulance chasing...

I am way out of date on these matters but I did once get involved in a Creditors Voluntary Arrangement (no, nothing to do with Sheepshanks) and in a situation like Wigan's I would like to know if there was any danger of the sale to the Hong Kong lot being set aside as an artificial transaction with all parties (and monies if they are still around, ever changed hands, there was ever any effectively involved) returned to the position they were in a month or so ago.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Wigan's administrators acknowledge 12 expressions of interest in buying club on 13:24 - Jul 3 with 383 viewsmonty_radio

Wigan's administrators acknowledge 12 expressions of interest in buying club on 12:55 - Jul 3 by WeWereZombies

Exactly, they have to look at why Wigan were put into administration just four weeks after a sale - or at least demonstrate that they have covered that question when they were ambulance chasing...

I am way out of date on these matters but I did once get involved in a Creditors Voluntary Arrangement (no, nothing to do with Sheepshanks) and in a situation like Wigan's I would like to know if there was any danger of the sale to the Hong Kong lot being set aside as an artificial transaction with all parties (and monies if they are still around, ever changed hands, there was ever any effectively involved) returned to the position they were in a month or so ago.

Interesting - would that setting back the clock be a viable possibility?

Wigan's administrators acknowledge 12 expressions of interest in buying club on 13:35 - Jul 3 with 375 viewsOldsmoker

Wigan's administrators acknowledge 12 expressions of interest in buying club on 13:24 - Jul 3 by monty_radio

Yes.
If you buy a car, sign all the paperwork but don't hand over the cash then the original owner can claim the deal wasn't completed, is void and keeps the car.
However, if you have the car then its up to the previous owner to decide between getting the car back or suing for the money.
The way that Wigan has changed hands, and that there are foreign owners and offshore shell companies involved means it is not straightforward at all.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Wigan's administrators acknowledge 12 expressions of interest in buying club on 13:45 - Jul 3 with 364 viewsWeWereZombies

Wigan's administrators acknowledge 12 expressions of interest in buying club on 13:24 - Jul 3 by monty_radio

It's called restitution:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restitution_in_English_law

But as it is an action to acquire a gain rather than avoid a loss it may not apply to football...

Wigan's administrators acknowledge 12 expressions of interest in buying club on 13:49 - Jul 3 with 359 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Wigan's administrators acknowledge 12 expressions of interest in buying club on 14:14 - Jul 3 with 352 viewsmonty_radio

Wigan's administrators acknowledge 12 expressions of interest in buying club on 13:49 - Jul 3 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Over the years we've heard that he has both investigated selling, and also that he has no interest in selling - who knows?

Wigan's administrators acknowledge 12 expressions of interest in buying club on 14:34 - Jul 3 with 344 viewsElephantintheRoom

Josh Windass and Joel Garner might be able to answer that one for you.

I'm just guessing here - but they perhaps have some assets to sell - so will attract the fly by nights.... and don't the rugby league club play at the ground too.... so there might be a second income stream which taken together is more than 23 games of football. WIgan rugby league is a tad more global than the football club.

Aside from that, they are in a decent catchment area and have a far more impressive recent history than we do. And they have a nice pier.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Wigan's administrators acknowledge 12 expressions of interest in buying club on 14:39 - Jul 3 with 336 viewssparks

Wigan's administrators acknowledge 12 expressions of interest in buying club on 13:45 - Jul 3 by WeWereZombies

It's called restitution:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restitution_in_English_law

But as it is an action to acquire a gain rather than avoid a loss it may not apply to football...

Not sure restitution would apply here- there is the broad set of powers in insolvency to set aside transactions that were not arms length and bona fides. Those are statutory powers.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

Wigan's administrators acknowledge 12 expressions of interest in buying club on 14:42 - Jul 3 with 335 viewsWeWereZombies

Wigan's administrators acknowledge 12 expressions of interest in buying club on 14:39 - Jul 3 by sparks

Not sure restitution would apply here- there is the broad set of powers in insolvency to set aside transactions that were not arms length and bona fides. Those are statutory powers.

And there is also the question of who the wronged party is, not going to be the administrators and it is now up to them for actions to take place I guess.

Wigan's administrators acknowledge 12 expressions of interest in buying club on 15:11 - Jul 3 with 330 viewsPhilTWTD

Wigan's administrators acknowledge 12 expressions of interest in buying club on 14:14 - Jul 3 by monty_radio

Over the years we've heard that he has both investigated selling, and also that he has no interest in selling - who knows?

Think the position is something along the lines of 'willing to listen to the right offer'. There have been offers but none which have suited him up to now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024