Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does KVY mean we have to play wing backs? 10:31 - Jul 3 with 960 viewsCoco

Is he any good as a full back?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Does KVY mean we have to play wing backs? on 10:33 - Jul 3 with 954 viewsbournemouthblue

He's probably wasted as a full back? It would also assume we have any competent wingers

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Does KVY mean we have to play wing backs? on 10:36 - Jul 3 with 933 viewsSwansea_Blue

Does KVY mean we have to play wing backs? on 10:33 - Jul 3 by bournemouthblue

He's probably wasted as a full back? It would also assume we have any competent wingers

We just need to play him as a wingbackcentremidfieldnumber10striker and then we'll be sorted.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Does KVY mean we have to play wing backs? on 10:41 - Jul 3 with 901 viewsChrisd

If PL plays him as a full back with Edwards ahead of him, but gives KVY the licence to get forwards Edwards can cover. That right side could be one of our strengths, if worked correctly. At the very least, it would be provide some much needed pace.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Does KVY mean we have to play wing backs? on 10:46 - Jul 3 with 880 viewsCoco

Does KVY mean we have to play wing backs? on 10:41 - Jul 3 by Chrisd

If PL plays him as a full back with Edwards ahead of him, but gives KVY the licence to get forwards Edwards can cover. That right side could be one of our strengths, if worked correctly. At the very least, it would be provide some much needed pace.

That could work. We just Lambert to show signs he has a plan and STICK TO IT. Sadly, i'm not sure he is able to do that.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Does KVY mean we have to play wing backs? on 10:47 - Jul 3 with 873 viewsChrisd

Does KVY mean we have to play wing backs? on 10:46 - Jul 3 by Coco

That could work. We just Lambert to show signs he has a plan and STICK TO IT. Sadly, i'm not sure he is able to do that.

My worry too.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Does KVY mean we have to play wing backs? on 10:50 - Jul 3 with 871 viewsFixed_It

Does KVY mean we have to play wing backs? on 10:41 - Jul 3 by Chrisd

Also Nydam on the left with (someone like) Garbutt in front of him doing similar (or vice versa). But what do I know about football and systems...
[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 10:55]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Does KVY mean we have to play wing backs? on 10:59 - Jul 3 with 837 viewsSteve_M

It remains to be seen how good he is defensively. Pace will get him out of trouble and he can work on his positioning but we've seen very little of him a as a full back, not much of him at all.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Does KVY mean we have to play wing backs? on 11:05 - Jul 3 with 825 viewsHerbivore

Does KVY mean we have to play wing backs? on 10:59 - Jul 3 by Steve_M

It remains to be seen how good he is defensively. Pace will get him out of trouble and he can work on his positioning but we've seen very little of him a as a full back, not much of him at all.

He played more times as a full back in a back 4 than he did as a wing back prior to his injury. We only played with wing backs against Gillingham, Fleetwood, and a poor 40 mins against Tranmere with KVY in the side. The rest of his appearances were in a back 4 and he still managed to get forward well as we had decent shape and a solid spine at the time.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 11:27]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Does KVY mean we have to play wing backs? on 13:37 - Jul 3 with 708 viewsCoco

Does KVY mean we have to play wing backs? on 11:05 - Jul 3 by Herbivore

He played more times as a full back in a back 4 than he did as a wing back prior to his injury. We only played with wing backs against Gillingham, Fleetwood, and a poor 40 mins against Tranmere with KVY in the side. The rest of his appearances were in a back 4 and he still managed to get forward well as we had decent shape and a solid spine at the time.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 11:27]

That's good to know as i think our current squad favours a back four.

Does KVY mean we have to play wing backs? on 17:47 - Jul 3 with 583 viewscbower

Does KVY mean we have to play wing backs? on 10:50 - Jul 3 by Fixed_It

Also Nydam on the left with (someone like) Garbutt in front of him doing similar (or vice versa). But what do I know about football and systems...
[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 10:55]

Good call on Tristan. The kid has something about him. Just hope he comes back strong as he could be a real asset to us. Rarely looked out of place when Mick used him early in his last season.

bluescouser

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024