Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tomorrow 11:38 - Jul 3 with 7074 views26_Paz

I’ve got a couple of boozers booked for an all dayer tomorrow, really don’t know what to expect. We’ve booked into a couple of places just in case but really not sure what the general vibe will be ... will you be able to move to different pubs / bars etc or will they all be at capacity ... who knows!
Will it be good? Will it be rubbish? Will there be too many people? Will there not be many people? Maybe it’s the uncertainty that’s making it exciting ... either way I’m going to get trollied!
Hope you all enjoy it (safely) lads!

The Paz Man

Tomorrow on 11:41 - Jul 3 with 3112 viewsfooters

It will be an absolute nightmare tomorrow and Sunday. Pubs full of people who don't really go to pubs making a scene and ordering a million jaegerbombs before chucking up in the sink. Well, that's my plan at least.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Tomorrow on 11:43 - Jul 3 with 3095 views26_Paz

Tomorrow on 11:41 - Jul 3 by footers

It will be an absolute nightmare tomorrow and Sunday. Pubs full of people who don't really go to pubs making a scene and ordering a million jaegerbombs before chucking up in the sink. Well, that's my plan at least.

Haha, yeah ... that’s my fear!
Another concern is will there be massive queues for the toilets?! Waiting 20 minutes every time you need a p1ss could really ruin a night out!

The Paz Man

Tomorrow on 11:44 - Jul 3 with 3089 viewsfooters

Tomorrow on 11:43 - Jul 3 by 26_Paz

Haha, yeah ... that’s my fear!
Another concern is will there be massive queues for the toilets?! Waiting 20 minutes every time you need a p1ss could really ruin a night out!

Think Glastonbury meets Saving Private Ryan and I think that's an accurate picture.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 11:44]

Tomorrow on 11:45 - Jul 3 with 3070 views26_Paz

Tomorrow on 11:44 - Jul 3 by footers

Think Glastonbury meets Saving Private Ryan and I think that's an accurate picture.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 11:44]

Might be home after one pint if it’s like that!

The Paz Man

Tomorrow on 11:46 - Jul 3 with 3067 viewsHerbivore

I'm booked in for a few lunchtime pints, I then intend to go home and snooze whilst the carnage happens in the outside world.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tomorrow on 11:56 - Jul 3 with 3032 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I don't think the pubs will be full of people who 'dont really go to pubs'.

I think the main people going to pubs tomorrow will more likely be regulars.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Tomorrow on 11:58 - Jul 3 with 3020 viewsvilanovablue

Hope you have a great time. As far as I am aware you need to book pretty much everywhere.

I'm going to be giving the pubs a swerve for the first few days at least until I understand how it's working out.
Tomorrow on 12:05 - Jul 3 with 2991 viewsLibero

Going to a pub is one thing, going to multiple pubs seems somewhat irresponsible and grossly self indulgent.
Login to get fewer ads

Tomorrow on 12:08 - Jul 3 with 2981 viewsSwansea_Blue

The government still haven't published the relevant law apparently, so the police still don't know what they're supposed to be policing and people don't know what they're supposed to be following.

This government is a total sh*tshow. And don't even start me on Johnson's pathetic interview this morning on on LBC.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tomorrow on 12:09 - Jul 3 with 2974 viewsAlan_Handsome

Get one of those fishbowl drinks, then 3 or 4 of you can drink out of it, just make sure you stick to your own straw and you'll be fine.

You can't polish a turd....but you can sprinkle it with glitter!

Tomorrow on 12:11 - Jul 3 with 2969 viewsSuperblue95

Am I the only person who’s looking forward to having some nice pub grub more than actually having a pint in a pub?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Tomorrow on 12:11 - Jul 3 with 2962 viewsfooters

Tomorrow on 12:08 - Jul 3 by Swansea_Blue

The government still haven't published the relevant law apparently, so the police still don't know what they're supposed to be policing and people don't know what they're supposed to be following.

This government is a total sh*tshow. And don't even start me on Johnson's pathetic interview this morning on on LBC.

So it's official. The government can't actually organise a piss-up. Who'd a thunk it.

Tomorrow on 12:13 - Jul 3 with 2956 viewsfooters

Tomorrow on 11:56 - Jul 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

I don't think the pubs will be full of people who 'dont really go to pubs'.

I think the main people going to pubs tomorrow will more likely be regulars.

Agree to disagree.

I reckon it'll be wall to wall daytrippers with dopey manbags who describe things as 'epic'. All day bantz on max.

Tomorrow on 12:14 - Jul 3 with 2948 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tomorrow on 12:11 - Jul 3 by footers

So it's official. The government can't actually organise a piss-up. Who'd a thunk it.

Yep, they literally can't organise a p1ss up in a brewery.

I suppose there's still time to get legislation in place, but very little time for the police to know what it is and prepare.

I predict carnage. Although hopefully the weather will help as it's not supposed to be the best of weekends.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tomorrow on 12:20 - Jul 3 with 2912 viewsclive_baker

Tomorrow on 12:11 - Jul 3 by Superblue95

Am I the only person who’s looking forward to having some nice pub grub more than actually having a pint in a pub?

If you had seen my local you would know why I'm not excited at the prospect of 'pub grub' :)

I'll be heading there tomorrow for a couple of pints though. Even on it's busiest day in the past decade I would wager it would've been able to maintain social distancing. I'm 99% sure there will be zero issues having a few pints there tomorrow afternoon before slipping off home.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Tomorrow on 12:21 - Jul 3 with 2903 views26_Paz

Tomorrow on 12:05 - Jul 3 by Libero

Going to a pub is one thing, going to multiple pubs seems somewhat irresponsible and grossly self indulgent.

I’ve got one booked 2-5, another 5-8. After that who knows, might try to find another one if I can still walk and talk

The Paz Man

Tomorrow on 12:22 - Jul 3 with 2899 views26_Paz

Tomorrow on 12:11 - Jul 3 by Superblue95

Probably! I can live without stale pies and microwave curries!

The Paz Man

Tomorrow on 12:26 - Jul 3 with 2876 viewsLibero

Tomorrow on 12:21 - Jul 3 by 26_Paz

I’ve got one booked 2-5, another 5-8. After that who knows, might try to find another one if I can still walk and talk

Silly git.
Tomorrow on 12:33 - Jul 3 with 2830 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Tomorrow on 12:13 - Jul 3 by footers

Agree to disagree.

I reckon it'll be wall to wall daytrippers with dopey manbags who describe things as 'epic'. All day bantz on max.

Yep, agree to differ.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Tomorrow on 12:36 - Jul 3 with 2808 viewsfooters

Tomorrow on 12:33 - Jul 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Yep, agree to differ.

I think we'll be using that phrase a lot in future :)

Either way, it's going to be rammed. Can't wait for a few weeks to go by and business is sort of back to normal. Or might even take an afternoon off in the week and go for a quiet pint or six... Wouldn't like to be the first wave of punters after the pipes have sat still for three months though!

Tomorrow on 12:41 - Jul 3 with 2783 viewsStokieBlue

Tomorrow on 12:20 - Jul 3 by clive_baker

If you had seen my local you would know why I'm not excited at the prospect of 'pub grub' :)

I'll be heading there tomorrow for a couple of pints though. Even on it's busiest day in the past decade I would wager it would've been able to maintain social distancing. I'm 99% sure there will be zero issues having a few pints there tomorrow afternoon before slipping off home.

Don't you have to book in advance and give your name and address so the government can contact you if anyone in the pub has C19?

I thought that was the rules to help with track and trace.

Can't just rock up.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

Tomorrow on 12:43 - Jul 3 with 2766 viewsHerbivore

Tomorrow on 12:41 - Jul 3 by StokieBlue

Don't you have to book in advance and give your name and address so the government can contact you if anyone in the pub has C19?

I thought that was the rules to help with track and trace.

Can't just rock up.

SB

Most places are doing some bookings but also a lot of turn up on the day.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tomorrow on 12:43 - Jul 3 with 2764 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Tomorrow on 12:36 - Jul 3 by footers

I think we'll be using that phrase a lot in future :)

Either way, it's going to be rammed. Can't wait for a few weeks to go by and business is sort of back to normal. Or might even take an afternoon off in the week and go for a quiet pint or six... Wouldn't like to be the first wave of punters after the pipes have sat still for three months though!

I agree that it will be busy, that much we can agree on.

There should be guidelines in place in terms of maximum capacity and 'one in one out', also booking etc.

It doesnt seem like its been that well planned, and would have been sensible to open on a Tuesday or something.

Tomorrow on 12:46 - Jul 3 with 2760 viewsfooters

Tomorrow on 12:43 - Jul 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

I agree that it will be busy, that much we can agree on.

There should be guidelines in place in terms of maximum capacity and 'one in one out', also booking etc.

It doesnt seem like its been that well planned, and would have been sensible to open on a Tuesday or something.

That would have been sensible, but this is a government that runs on media soundbites. Still why American independence day applies to us of all countries still baffles me. Maybe Johnson's a CIA plant...

Tomorrow on 12:48 - Jul 3 with 2743 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Tomorrow on 12:46 - Jul 3 by footers

That would have been sensible, but this is a government that runs on media soundbites. Still why American independence day applies to us of all countries still baffles me. Maybe Johnson's a CIA plant...

To be fair, the PubCo's could still decide to open on the 6th rather than the 4th.

But I agree that the Govt chose the 4th for publicity reasons, and the pubs are hardly likely to turn business away.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024