Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Government - "Be responsible tomorrow". 13:53 - Jul 3 with 702 viewsuefacup81

Also The Government - "Pubs can open from 6am tomorrow!"

Well, that's today's Dead Cat thrown out there...

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

The Government - "Be responsible tomorrow". on 14:22 - Jul 3 with 652 viewsSwansea_Blue

Really? They've said they can open from 6? Jesus. What with Johnson and Sunak telling people to go and get pissed (paraphrasing), it's a recipe for disaster.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Government - on 14:26 - Jul 3 with 649 viewsBlueBadger

The Government - "Be responsible tomorrow". on 14:22 - Jul 3 by Swansea_Blue

Really? They've said they can open from 6? Jesus. What with Johnson and Sunak telling people to go and get pissed (paraphrasing), it's a recipe for disaster.

All about PR and deflecting blame innit. If the pubs and shops are open, it's everyone else's fault that we've got the third highest number of deaths in the world and not theirs.

Much in the same way the PRP will blame 'negative fans' when people are finally allowed into PR to see the rubbish his team have actually been churning out.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 14:27]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The Government - "Be responsible tomorrow". on 14:31 - Jul 3 with 632 viewsuefacup81

They're already trying to back-track on it by claiming that they had to do it in order to prevent pubs from opening at 00:01.

If that's the case, then why not set a more sensible time such as 11am?

The Government - "Be responsible tomorrow". on 14:31 - Jul 3 with 626 viewsOldsmoker

Is that the spanish tomorrow - mañana ?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

The Government - "Be responsible tomorrow". on 14:35 - Jul 3 with 622 viewsstonojnr

No theyve said the restrictions on pubs being allowed to open are lifted at 6am and not 12am like all the other restrictions that are being lifted tomorrow are. Its actually to prevent pubs opening just after midnight, for a celebration party, and there was one I knew had planned to do so.

And pubs can only open at 6am tomorrow if their license already allowed them to open at that time, and as weve discussed before there are pubs that have early morning licenses to serve market traders,but as the majority dont, it's just business as normal, so big storm little tea cup.
The Government - "Be responsible tomorrow". on 14:43 - Jul 3 with 603 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Government - "Be responsible tomorrow". on 14:35 - Jul 3 by stonojnr

No theyve said the restrictions on pubs being allowed to open are lifted at 6am and not 12am like all the other restrictions that are being lifted tomorrow are. Its actually to prevent pubs opening just after midnight, for a celebration party, and there was one I knew had planned to do so.

And pubs can only open at 6am tomorrow if their license already allowed them to open at that time, and as weve discussed before there are pubs that have early morning licenses to serve market traders,but as the majority dont, it's just business as normal, so big storm little tea cup.

Ok, that makes sense then. Ta.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Government - "Be responsible tomorrow". on 14:45 - Jul 3 with 598 viewsBlueBadger

The Government - "Be responsible tomorrow". on 14:35 - Jul 3 by stonojnr

Plus, he still needs to keep Brexit Tim onside.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

The Government - "Be responsible tomorrow". on 14:48 - Jul 3 with 591 viewsFtnfwest

The Government - "Be responsible tomorrow". on 14:31 - Jul 3 by uefacup81

They're already trying to back-track on it by claiming that they had to do it in order to prevent pubs from opening at 00:01.

If that's the case, then why not set a more sensible time such as 11am?

They aren't forcing anyone to open at 6am as far as i am aware. This is a bit like the non essential shops opening on the 15th June when some shop owners complained they wouldn't be able to get ready by that date.....well open later then.
Login to get fewer ads

The Government - "Be responsible tomorrow". on 14:58 - Jul 3 with 574 viewsBlueBadger

The Government - "Be responsible tomorrow". on 14:31 - Jul 3 by Oldsmoker

Is that the spanish tomorrow - mañana ?

Doo doo de doo doo!

The Government - on 15:06 - Jul 3 with 559 viewsuefacup81

The Government - "Be responsible tomorrow". on 14:45 - Jul 3 by BlueBadger

Plus, he still needs to keep Brexit Tim onside.

Indeed.

Although a fair few pubs won't be able to take advantage of the timings as they don't have the requisite licences, we all know full well that 'Spoons will be open as early as possible.

The Government had ample opportunity and capability to set this all up to make it as low-impact as possible. Indeed, Nick Ferrari put to Johnson this morning why the Government opted for a Saturday rather than, say, a Tuesday. Oddly enough he couldn't/wouldn't answer that one (or any other question NF put to him, even including 'what's the best part of being a father?').

Instead, they've turned tomorrow into an all-day bender.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 15:11]

The Government - "Be responsible tomorrow". on 15:07 - Jul 3 with 554 viewsDubtractor

They have been advertising for people to 'go to the pub' all week on social media.

GO TO THE PUB

Behave though yeah.

GO TO THE PUB

Take it easy people

FFS GO AND GET LEATHERED

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024