Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump or Biden? (US Election 2020 Thread) 14:11 - Jul 3 with 11831 viewstractordownsouth

If you had a gun to your head and had to predict which way it'll swing, what outcome do you predict ? I think Trump's in serious trouble and is making the same errors as Corbyn did in 2019. Sounds odd to make that comparison, but here's my working

https://www.thingscanonlygetbetter.online/post/donald-trump-is-a-right-wing-corb
[Post edited 8 Aug 2020 22:59]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Trump or Biden? on 19:52 - Jul 3 with 1078 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump or Biden? on 19:22 - Jul 3 by Shawsey

Both of which he won last time and probably will win again. I hope not, but unfortunately for the American public, he probably will.

You keep saying 'probably' but without presenting any evidence, which is fine, but let's be clear that it's an opinion and not any kind of detailed analysis.

For what it's worth Biden has consistently been ahead of Trump in polls in both Florida and NC - currently Florida by 7 points and NC by 3 points. It'll be close, but there's no way you can say Trump is 'probably' winning both those states right now.

As things stand, I can't see a (legitimate) path to victory for Trump. His base is too small and he lacks appeal in almost every other demographic.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 19:58]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Trump or Biden? on 20:17 - Jul 3 with 1059 viewsDarth_Koont

Trump or Biden? on 18:44 - Jul 3 by SpruceMoose

Living in a largely immigrant neighbourhood I disagree slightly. Sure, nothing will change fundamentally for me - an affluent white guy. America is great if you're one of those.

But removing Trump from office will seriously lift the boot from many an immigrant throat. It would free many an immigrant child from cages at the border. It'll hopefully improve the non stop assault on female and LGBTQ rights.

America is still going to be American and do all that American stuff the rest of us wishes they didn't do, but within that there's room to make life an awful lot better for many people than it currently is.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 18:45]

Sure. I'd agree with that on a more transparent and fairer top level. Trump has emboldened some awfully regressive nonsense when it comes to social justice.

I still think the likes of Biden (and the Establishment-loving left in the UK for that matter) will apply a salve to problems rather than addressing the underlying structural disease.

But who knows? Maybe Biden, like a Trojan horse, can use his all-American whiteness to achieve more than Obama.

I'm sure we agree that whatever happens he's waaaaaaaay better than the alternative.

Pronouns: He/Him

Trump or Biden? on 20:20 - Jul 3 with 1055 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump or Biden? on 20:17 - Jul 3 by Darth_Koont

Sure. I'd agree with that on a more transparent and fairer top level. Trump has emboldened some awfully regressive nonsense when it comes to social justice.

I still think the likes of Biden (and the Establishment-loving left in the UK for that matter) will apply a salve to problems rather than addressing the underlying structural disease.

But who knows? Maybe Biden, like a Trojan horse, can use his all-American whiteness to achieve more than Obama.

I'm sure we agree that whatever happens he's waaaaaaaay better than the alternative.

I very much agree that what Biden represents and is offering is a return to the non batshït crazy days and nothing more. That's probably as good as we are going to get right now considering how far Trump has set us back though.

Get Biden in, then it'll be up to the progressive wing of the party, and the younger voters who actually need to vote, to apply the required pressure to start changing those underlying issues for good. They need to be smart. Operate as the GOP do. Set things up for a progressive dynasty that'll change the course of the next generation. Stuff the courts with liberal judges. Trump has destroyed norms. They need to exploit that.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 20:23]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Trump or Biden? on 20:31 - Jul 3 with 1037 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump or Biden? on 19:52 - Jul 3 by SpruceMoose

You keep saying 'probably' but without presenting any evidence, which is fine, but let's be clear that it's an opinion and not any kind of detailed analysis.

For what it's worth Biden has consistently been ahead of Trump in polls in both Florida and NC - currently Florida by 7 points and NC by 3 points. It'll be close, but there's no way you can say Trump is 'probably' winning both those states right now.

As things stand, I can't see a (legitimate) path to victory for Trump. His base is too small and he lacks appeal in almost every other demographic.

What the heck was the downvote for...? Jeez. Are we downvoting statistics now?

Trump or Biden? on 20:32 - Jul 3 with 1040 viewsjeera

Trump or Biden? on 18:35 - Jul 3 by Eireannach_gorm

Don't think these will be voting for Trump.

https://religionnews.com/2020/06/01/faith-at-the-barricades-a-weekend-of-religio

I reckon he's got these ones in the bag though:

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/80c6aa036f3cc2df349085025d90cc632c54c6b1/0_72_350

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Trump or Biden? on 20:36 - Jul 3 with 1040 viewsPhilTWTD

Read this earlier, thought it was interesting Trump is losing significant numbers of senior voters.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/03/politics/florida-senior-voters-trump/index.ht
Trump or Biden? on 20:39 - Jul 3 with 1031 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump or Biden? on 20:36 - Jul 3 by PhilTWTD

Read this earlier, thought it was interesting Trump is losing significant numbers of senior voters.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/03/politics/florida-senior-voters-trump/index.ht

I'm not surprised! Whenever we hear from Mrs Moose's elderly relatives out west they're shocked that 'Donald' is playing so fast and loose with their health. We just hold our tongues and encourage them to vote for Biden but really... Come on... What were they expecting?

I'm other news, we just found out that the mother in law thought last week was a great time to take a short holiday in FLORIDA!

These people are beyond saving.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 20:42]

Trump or Biden? on 20:41 - Jul 3 with 1027 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump or Biden? on 20:32 - Jul 3 by jeera

I reckon he's got these ones in the bag though:

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/80c6aa036f3cc2df349085025d90cc632c54c6b1/0_72_350

I doubt they'll get down the polling station to vote without a lift from mother, who will no doubt be busy with her job giving handjobs to truckers out by the interstate rest stop.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 20:43]

Login to get fewer ads

Trump or Biden? on 20:45 - Jul 3 with 1018 viewsDarth_Koont

Trump or Biden? on 20:41 - Jul 3 by SpruceMoose

I doubt they'll get down the polling station to vote without a lift from mother, who will no doubt be busy with her job giving handjobs to truckers out by the interstate rest stop.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 20:43]

And, ironically, I'm sure their favourite site is MILF Trucker Handjobs.

Trump or Biden? on 20:48 - Jul 3 with 1004 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump or Biden? on 20:45 - Jul 3 by Darth_Koont

And, ironically, I'm sure their favourite site is MILF Trucker Handjobs.

Well, family is extremely important to these religious gun toting bible and biscuit types!

Trump or Biden? on 20:48 - Jul 3 with 1008 viewsShawsey

The Op asked for a prediction, that is all. At this moment in time, nobody knows, so of course it is my opinion, not the actual result. I do not live in America, so don't really care. Just my thought and nobody need take it as fact. Nobody need take my opinion seriously or as fact, just my thought. I THINK Trump will win, but by no means based on my knowledge of American politics. Just my opinion and by no means to be taken as fact. Please do not take my opinion as fact, as it is not, just my opinion. I have no detailed analysis of this, just my prediction and opinion, which the Op was asking for. Please, nobody take this as fact or the actual result. It is just my opinion, based on nothing fact based at all. Heaven forbid that I give an opinion on something I have little knowledge of. The world is a crazy place where people give an opinion without having actual cast iron fact to back it up. If the Op asked for a fact based answer, I wouldn't have posted, but he asked for a prediction, which I gave. Only my none fact based prediction and opinion. Sorry for any offense this may have caused you and please do not take it as fact or the actual result. Hope that answers your question. I will never give my prediction or opinion on any American political posts again as I wouldn't want to offend you. Please accept my heart felt apology for any offense caused. It wasn't intended as such. Just so that we are clear, this is just my prediction and opinion based on pretty much nothing. Just my prediction and opinion which the Op asked for.

Good evening to you.
Trump or Biden? on 20:53 - Jul 3 with 1005 viewsTangledupin_Blue

I believe, and hope, that Biden will win comfortably, possibly a landslide. I suspect that there will be sufficient numbers of voters who would normally be Republican leaning but who've had a gut full of Trump.

Typified by this voter in swing state North Carolina...
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/why-this-former-trump-voter-says-he-s-the-p

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Trump or Biden? on 21:05 - Jul 3 with 992 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump or Biden? on 20:48 - Jul 3 by Shawsey

The Op asked for a prediction, that is all. At this moment in time, nobody knows, so of course it is my opinion, not the actual result. I do not live in America, so don't really care. Just my thought and nobody need take it as fact. Nobody need take my opinion seriously or as fact, just my thought. I THINK Trump will win, but by no means based on my knowledge of American politics. Just my opinion and by no means to be taken as fact. Please do not take my opinion as fact, as it is not, just my opinion. I have no detailed analysis of this, just my prediction and opinion, which the Op was asking for. Please, nobody take this as fact or the actual result. It is just my opinion, based on nothing fact based at all. Heaven forbid that I give an opinion on something I have little knowledge of. The world is a crazy place where people give an opinion without having actual cast iron fact to back it up. If the Op asked for a fact based answer, I wouldn't have posted, but he asked for a prediction, which I gave. Only my none fact based prediction and opinion. Sorry for any offense this may have caused you and please do not take it as fact or the actual result. Hope that answers your question. I will never give my prediction or opinion on any American political posts again as I wouldn't want to offend you. Please accept my heart felt apology for any offense caused. It wasn't intended as such. Just so that we are clear, this is just my prediction and opinion based on pretty much nothing. Just my prediction and opinion which the Op asked for.

Good evening to you.

No offence caused! Just wanted to balance out the opinions with some of the polling that's been going on. Sorry if you thought I was coming at you as that wasn't my intention. I'm probably just desperate to get him out, as some of us face some difficult life choices should Trump secure another four years. As I'm sure you know, polls are just a snapshot in time, and anything could happen come November!

Trump or Biden? on 21:13 - Jul 3 with 986 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump or Biden? on 20:53 - Jul 3 by Tangledupin_Blue

I believe, and hope, that Biden will win comfortably, possibly a landslide. I suspect that there will be sufficient numbers of voters who would normally be Republican leaning but who've had a gut full of Trump.

Typified by this voter in swing state North Carolina...
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/why-this-former-trump-voter-says-he-s-the-p

Sounds like my father in law.

I'm sorry, but if you've voted Republican 10 times out of 12 then you're not an independent. You're a Republican. The kind of Republicans, like in the article you linked, voting for Biden won't be surprise come November. After all, they're quite happy to vote for an old white guy, but less enthusiastic about voting for an older white woman. They want a return to safe, quiet and discreet discrimination, not this overt Trump style stuff.

Sexism in America is every bit a problem as racism.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 21:15]

Trump or Biden? on 23:28 - Jul 3 with 957 viewsOldsmoker

This is another one of those conspiracy theories about Trump refusing to leave the White House.
This one is better thought out though and lays out a clear way that Trump could engineer 4 more years.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-2020-

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Trump or Biden? on 23:29 - Jul 3 with 953 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump or Biden? on 23:28 - Jul 3 by Oldsmoker

This is another one of those conspiracy theories about Trump refusing to leave the White House.
This one is better thought out though and lays out a clear way that Trump could engineer 4 more years.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-2020-

He lives off burgers, rape and amphetamines. I doubt he could last another four more years even if he could engineer it!

Trump or Biden? on 23:37 - Jul 3 with 946 viewsOldsmoker

Trump or Biden? on 23:29 - Jul 3 by SpruceMoose

He lives off burgers, rape and amphetamines. I doubt he could last another four more years even if he could engineer it!

So far-fetched it could happen.
He gets elected.
Pence resigns as VP.
Ivanka becomes VP.
Trump resigns as Pres for health reasons.
Ivanka becomes Pres.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Trump or Biden? on 08:26 - Jul 4 with 882 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump is trying to frighten middle America into sicking with him if this attack video is anything to go by.

I did see some polling data that suggested that their is a large "shy Trump" vote not showing up on the polls but I still think Biden will get in by a very narrow margin.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Trump or Biden? on 08:40 - Jul 4 with 877 views26_Paz

Personally, I’d like to see Trump win (won’t be a popular statement on here) but I think you’re right. He’s in a world of trouble. Corona has created a perfect storm for him. His greatest selling point was the economy and jobs figures, wiped out. Any leader would be in trouble fighting an election right off the back of this mess (all will make wrong decisions somewhere along the line which can be highlighted by opponents) throw in the world’s worst corona stats and some pretty poor virus management and it’s Biden’s to lose.

The Paz Man

Trump or Biden? on 08:55 - Jul 4 with 861 viewsgtsb1966

Trump or Biden? on 19:22 - Jul 3 by Shawsey

Both of which he won last time and probably will win again. I hope not, but unfortunately for the American public, he probably will.

I think you mean unfortunately for the world.
Trump or Biden? on 08:57 - Jul 4 with 860 viewstractordownsouth

Trump or Biden? on 08:26 - Jul 4 by GlasgowBlue

Trump is trying to frighten middle America into sicking with him if this attack video is anything to go by.

I did see some polling data that suggested that their is a large "shy Trump" vote not showing up on the polls but I still think Biden will get in by a very narrow margin.

Yeah I saw that video too. It’s clever - trying to associate AOC and Omar with the mainstream Dems (even though Biden has distanced himself from their views) is a decent strategy. Trump has very few other attack lines - attacking Biden’s occasional lack of coherence won’t stick as he is guilty of that himself - so scaring people is probably the most effective tactic.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Trump or Biden? on 09:10 - Jul 4 with 852 viewsgordon

Trump or Biden? on 14:29 - Jul 3 by Illinoisblue

Trump is definitely in trouble, even with some of his Republican base, but I have serious concerns about Biden’s mental state. If he picks a strong running mate that should be enough to seal the win.

It seems extraordinary that USA is in a position where they either get Trump again, or elect a man who will be turning 82 as his term ends.
Trump or Biden? on 09:18 - Jul 4 with 848 viewsDarth_Koont

Trump or Biden? on 14:58 - Jul 3 by BlueBadger

There does seem to be a hardcore of Bernie supporters who, like with Labour in recent times, would apparently much rather see a hard/far right government in power than actually think about appealing to people who aren't their 'natural' base.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 18:58]

Pretty delusional given how hell-bent the PLP and Labour Party HQ were at briefing against and campaigning against Corbyn and the members.

If the centrists had pulled anything like in the same direction then maybe we wouldn't be seeing a continuation of the same old inequalities and injustices.

Trump or Biden? on 09:27 - Jul 4 with 838 viewsDarth_Koont

On a related note. Nawaz 's sneering radical centrist shtick is getting so old.

Trump or Biden? on 09:30 - Jul 4 with 831 viewsgordon

Of course it would be disastrous for America if he won, but with those tactics a catastrophe on a far greater scale could unfold if he loses.

Assuming the online radicalisation campaign continues, it's pretty chilling to wonder what his supporters will do, and what he will encourage them to do, if he loses.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024