Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Re Wigan, this is an interesting read 15:12 - Jul 3 with 4582 viewsPhilTWTD

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 19:00 - Jul 3 with 697 viewsRadlett_blue

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 18:53 - Jul 3 by RegencyBlue

What has happened to Wigan is an absolute disgrace, no question. It says much about EFL and FA checking of potential owners, or rather the lack of it in this case by the look of it.

What it doesn’t do however is to stop me from wanting better for ITFC than Evans who, let’s be honest, isn’t exactly squeaky clean himself - is there still an arrest warrant out on him for his Brazil Olympics dealings?

Evans isn't popular on here - largely because he keeps picking poor managers - but how many others will give him a fair price for ITFC & then be willing to lose a few £m each year?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 20:14 - Jul 3 with 639 viewsRegencyBlue

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 19:00 - Jul 3 by Radlett_blue

Evans isn't popular on here - largely because he keeps picking poor managers - but how many others will give him a fair price for ITFC & then be willing to lose a few £m each year?

A fair price for ITFC would be pretty low in reality..

He’s not getting his money back in full and he has supposedly accepted that. Rumour was a couple of years ago he was looking for £25 million but even that probably overvalued us, certainly now.

People keep asking where we would be without him but it’s where we end up with him that is the real question. Much more of this and the damage will be irreversible, if it isn’t already!
Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 20:37 - Jul 3 with 623 viewsMelford

Marcus bet we wouldn't get promoted in October, gave Lambert the 5 year contract in January just to make sure.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 20:53 - Jul 3 with 611 viewsPhilTWTD

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 18:53 - Jul 3 by RegencyBlue

What has happened to Wigan is an absolute disgrace, no question. It says much about EFL and FA checking of potential owners, or rather the lack of it in this case by the look of it.

What it doesn’t do however is to stop me from wanting better for ITFC than Evans who, let’s be honest, isn’t exactly squeaky clean himself - is there still an arrest warrant out on him for his Brazil Olympics dealings?

From what I'm told the Brazil thing has faded away to nothing. However, I think it did end ME's unofficial corporate hospitality at events such as the Olympics and World Cups. Was thought not worth the hassle.
Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 23:21 - Jul 3 with 550 viewsPlums

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 16:08 - Jul 3 by Mullet

Saw that earlier. It's unreal.

The lad getting thrown out makes sense. That's been fairly common for years now but the high level stuff and potential links to sponsors is mindblowing.

If he's right he's probably getting free pies for life. Whether that means a long and happy one after naming names..... what a bloke.

Have you read Declan Hill’s book? After that, none of this is surprising. As a well connected football academic told me at a viewing of The Workers’ Cup, the ‘game’s gone through the looking glass’.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/077104139X/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_186.EbRZ3MP1B

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 10:47 - Jul 4 with 471 viewslinhdi

Phil, many thanks for linking that thread. What an incredible, terrible tale.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024