Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Re Wigan, this is an interesting read 15:12 - Jul 3 with 4583 viewsPhilTWTD

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 15:17 - Jul 3 with 3825 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Absolute scandal!

And to think when they were bought last year some people on here said; "why can't they buy us?"

Wonder if those same people are still asking that question!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 15:19 - Jul 3 with 3800 viewsrickw

What do the EFL actually do when they run their owner checks?!?!?!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 15:24 - Jul 3 with 3768 viewsuefacup81

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 15:17 - Jul 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Absolute scandal!

And to think when they were bought last year some people on here said; "why can't they buy us?"

Case in point to anyone saying ME should sell to the first person who comes along with the cash.

As well as Dale and Bassini, we can now add these shysters to the list of cautionary tales.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 15:27 - Jul 3 with 3749 viewsfooters

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 15:24 - Jul 3 by uefacup81

Case in point to anyone saying ME should sell to the first person who comes along with the cash.

As well as Dale and Bassini, we can now add these shysters to the list of cautionary tales.

I want to buy the film rights. It's got everything! Might have to imagine the sex scenes to spice it up though.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 15:28 - Jul 3 with 3742 viewsChrisd

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 15:19 - Jul 3 by rickw

I think they just ask, 'Have you got the finance behind you to buy this club?' When the prospective buyers reply, 'Yes!' then the EFL just give it the deal the green light and due diligence is complete. Well, that's the impression I get. It's quite an extensive and thorough process as you can see.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 15:36]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 15:33 - Jul 3 with 3710 viewsBluefish

Phil can I remind you about not posting rumours and anything on the site that can get us in trouble. Please desist or we will be forced to remove you.

Cheers

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 15:45 - Jul 3 with 3658 viewsPendejo

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 15:28 - Jul 3 by Chrisd

I think they just ask, 'Have you got the finance behind you to buy this club?' When the prospective buyers reply, 'Yes!' then the EFL just give it the deal the green light and due diligence is complete. Well, that's the impression I get. It's quite an extensive and thorough process as you can see.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 15:36]

So it doesn't involve a brief case full of cash then?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 15:51 - Jul 3 with 3636 viewsclive_baker

Unreal. As I said the other day there's absolutely no way any club would knowingly and willingly enter administration in their position, compromising their Championship status unless it was completely unavoidable....or if there's money riding on their relegation.

Absolutely scandalous, I really hope they stay up despite the points deduction and a huge F you to the crooks involved.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 15:55 - Jul 3 with 3604 viewsCoco

Gambling being allowed a free run in football eh - who could’ve seen anything going wrong?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 16:08 - Jul 3 with 3546 viewsMullet

Saw that earlier. It's unreal.

The lad getting thrown out makes sense. That's been fairly common for years now but the high level stuff and potential links to sponsors is mindblowing.

If he's right he's probably getting free pies for life. Whether that means a long and happy one after naming names..... what a bloke.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 16:18 - Jul 3 with 3501 viewsRyorry

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 15:19 - Jul 3 by rickw

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 16:22 - Jul 3 with 3483 viewshampstead_blue

Football get's what it deserves.

Sorry, but the game has been ruined by money. It's so rotten the leagues can't see a wrong 'un if it were paraded in a suit with 'fraud' written all over it.

All of the leagues need to be started again from scratch with a sensible set of operating guidelines.
Clubs should be Social Enterprises and have a commitment to deliver to the local community.

I'm sad as this once great game is now being used to wipe the bottom of the ethics barrel.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 16:25 - Jul 3 with 3470 viewsSwansea_Blue

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 15:27 - Jul 3 by footers

I want to buy the film rights. It's got everything! Might have to imagine the sex scenes to spice it up though.

Featuring a former Wigan great?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 16:29 - Jul 3 with 3439 viewsSwansea_Blue

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 16:22 - Jul 3 by hampstead_blue

Sorry, but the game has been ruined by money. It's so rotten the leagues can't see a wrong 'un if it were paraded in a suit with 'fraud' written all over it.

All of the leagues need to be started again from scratch with a sensible set of operating guidelines.
Clubs should be Social Enterprises and have a commitment to deliver to the local community.

I'm sad as this once great game is now being used to wipe the bottom of the ethics barrel.

And, as it gets less financially sustainable, I suspect it will only be the gamblers, chancers and incompetents who want to have a go making money out of an inevitable loss-making sport. Some great big negative feedback loop going on here. The bigger the losses, the less likely sensible, reputable owners will be willing to risk throwing away their cash.

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 16:30 - Jul 3 with 3426 viewsRyorry

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 16:25 - Jul 3 by Swansea_Blue

Featuring a former Wigan great?

TWTD

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 16:31 - Jul 3 with 3418 viewsSwansea_Blue

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 16:30 - Jul 3 by Ryorry

TWTD

When we had a manger who was at least good at one thing!

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 16:32 - Jul 3 with 3409 viewsclive_baker

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 16:22 - Jul 3 by hampstead_blue

Can we sack off VAR while we're at it?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 16:33 - Jul 3 with 3398 viewsRyorry

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 16:31 - Jul 3 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah - *scoring*!!

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 16:38 - Jul 3 with 3380 viewsSwansea_Blue

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 16:33 - Jul 3 by Ryorry

Yeah - *scoring*!!

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 16:43 - Jul 3 with 3360 viewsSwansea_Blue

In all seriousness, who would investigate this as a potential international betting fraud incident?

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 16:49 - Jul 3 with 3334 viewsRyorry

Wow. Reading the thread - whole thing absolutely stinks, really does make you question the EFL & their competence (if you didn't already).

Is the fact that Chinese lawyers were brought in to investigate HK company just an incidental sidetrack, or could the current political situation there have any bearing?

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 17:24 - Jul 3 with 3260 viewsfactual_blue

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 16:31 - Jul 3 by Swansea_Blue

Pret a manger?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 17:45 - Jul 3 with 3198 viewshampstead_blue

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 16:32 - Jul 3 by clive_baker

Can we sack off VAR while we're at it?

I am pro technology.

When it first came in cricket a lot of stuffies splutered in their beards. It's now very good and improving all the time.

Give it time. I think it's the future.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 17:47 - Jul 3 with 3195 viewshampstead_blue

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 16:29 - Jul 3 by Swansea_Blue

And, as it gets less financially sustainable, I suspect it will only be the gamblers, chancers and incompetents who want to have a go making money out of an inevitable loss-making sport. Some great big negative feedback loop going on here. The bigger the losses, the less likely sensible, reputable owners will be willing to risk throwing away their cash.

the faster we get to the absolute bottom the better.

We can then start a conversation, as fans, to have it back from the money grabbers.

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 18:53 - Jul 3 with 3062 viewsRegencyBlue

Re Wigan, this is an interesting read on 15:17 - Jul 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Absolute scandal!

What has happened to Wigan is an absolute disgrace, no question. It says much about EFL and FA checking of potential owners, or rather the lack of it in this case by the look of it.

What it doesn’t do however is to stop me from wanting better for ITFC than Evans who, let’s be honest, isn’t exactly squeaky clean himself - is there still an arrest warrant out on him for his Brazil Olympics dealings?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024