Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? 07:27 - Jul 4 with 3399 viewsGlasgowBlue

Btw, I call it an Americano. If I don’t want milk I’ll call it a Black Americano.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 09:38 - Jul 4 with 1248 viewsGlasgowBlue

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 08:57 - Jul 4 by sparks

You, sir, are part of society's problem.

"Americano" indeed. Its just a normal coffee and I do not expect to have to use these silly names to enjoy the privilege of buying a normal coffee.

A white Americano has a different water to milk ratio than a white coffee.

Iron Lion Zion

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 09:41 - Jul 4 with 1237 viewsGlasgowBlue

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 09:24 - Jul 4 by Herbivore

Americano is Italian I believe, not American. It's not the same as a filter coffee, it's a shot of espresso topped up with hot water.

It is indeed.

Iron Lion Zion

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 10:21 - Jul 4 with 1193 viewsJohnny_Boy

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 09:24 - Jul 4 by Herbivore

Americano is Italian I believe, not American. It's not the same as a filter coffee, it's a shot of espresso topped up with hot water.

Italian Americans are an odd breed.
In Philly, I discovered some actually refer to pasta sauce as ‘gravy’.

https://slate.com/human-interest/2015/11/it-is-called-sauce-or-gravy-a-slate-inv
Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 10:26 - Jul 4 with 1177 viewsHerbivore

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 10:21 - Jul 4 by Johnny_Boy

Italian Americans are an odd breed.
In Philly, I discovered some actually refer to pasta sauce as ‘gravy’.

https://slate.com/human-interest/2015/11/it-is-called-sauce-or-gravy-a-slate-inv

Yeah I've seen that on some US food programmes (possibly Man vs Food). Don't they sometimes refer to spaghetti as noodles as well?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 11:22 - Jul 4 with 1158 viewsBlueBadger

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 09:05 - Jul 4 by DanTheMan

There is a difference to how an Americano and a black coffee are made, technically.

Don't think I could taste the difference if I was asked.

It's just fooking coffee.

Like all these wonks who insist on making a bug deal about their phones.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 11:26 - Jul 4 with 1157 viewsBlueBadger

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 08:28 - Jul 4 by GlasgowBlue

His face get's visibly more red the longer the video goes on.

God, I really fancy roast gammon for tea now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 12:53 - Jul 4 with 1135 viewstractordownsouth

I believe his name is Liam Tufts - was quite prominent on Facebook at one time. Remember seeing one of his videos when Johnson became PM a year ago and he said “The Corbynites are out - Johnson’s in”, as if JC had been in charge before then.

I really don’t understand some on the right who constantly moan about the “leftie/remainer establishment.” They’ve been in government for 10 years, got their Brexit, got their preferred result in the US election and now have a PM who is fully behind their cause, yet they still think they’re victims. Incredible.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 18:51]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 13:04 - Jul 4 with 1125 viewsronnyd

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 08:08 - Jul 4 by GlasgowBlue

Master/Slave is still used in sound active DMX lighting for DJ's.

When i go into Motorspares, is it ok to ask for a clutch slave cylinder now?
Login to get fewer ads

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 16:28 - Jul 4 with 1076 viewsWeWereZombies

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 12:53 - Jul 4 by tractordownsouth

I believe his name is Liam Tufts - was quite prominent on Facebook at one time. Remember seeing one of his videos when Johnson became PM a year ago and he said “The Corbynites are out - Johnson’s in”, as if JC had been in charge before then.

I really don’t understand some on the right who constantly moan about the “leftie/remainer establishment.” They’ve been in government for 10 years, got their Brexit, got their preferred result in the US election and now have a PM who is fully behind their cause, yet they still think they’re victims. Incredible.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 18:51]

I was impressed he knew about white pudding but he is obviously too far south for fruit pudding. He would have had a field day with that...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 16:52 - Jul 4 with 1043 viewsRyorry

"You cannot unsee wally"

Here's hoping I can ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 16:59 - Jul 4 with 1046 viewsLibero

Plenty of his type rolling around the forum, hiding beneath just about enough plausible deniability to slip through the net repeatedly.
Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 17:20 - Jul 4 with 1023 viewsSpruceMoose

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 16:59 - Jul 4 by Libero

Plenty of his type rolling around the forum, hiding beneath just about enough plausible deniability to slip through the net repeatedly.

Not only that, but somehow they're mugging off other posters into defending them!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 18:11 - Jul 4 with 996 viewsRyorry

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 17:20 - Jul 4 by SpruceMoose

Not only that, but somehow they're mugging off other posters into defending them!

If you're referring to the thread of about 10 days ago that I think you are, what was *actually* said was that there might be better ways of bringing uneducated and/or ignorant racist people round than shouting at them, but hey ho.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 18:15]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 18:18 - Jul 4 with 998 viewsBlueBadger

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 18:11 - Jul 4 by Ryorry

If you're referring to the thread of about 10 days ago that I think you are, what was *actually* said was that there might be better ways of bringing uneducated and/or ignorant racist people round than shouting at them, but hey ho.

Most of us have *tried* bringing these people round at some point with actual facts, politeness and Common Sense. They don't care, they don't want to listen to anything that actually means they have to change their worldview and stop being pathetic inadequates blaming Pavel, Priya and Penda for the fact that they've failed at life. That's why I for one take the piss out of them - because they'd rather revel and wallow in their own bigotry and inadequacy rather than take responsibility for themselves. Which is super-ironic give how they're usually opposed to things like the 'nanny state'(read: 'actually looking after the weakest and most vulnerable i society').
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 10:47]

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 18:35 - Jul 4 with 975 viewsSpruceMoose

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 18:11 - Jul 4 by Ryorry

I wasn't referring to you, or that thread, in the slightest.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 18:37]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 18:41 - Jul 4 with 968 viewsSpruceMoose

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 18:18 - Jul 4 by BlueBadger

Most of us have *tried* bringing these people round at some point with actual facts, politeness and Common Sense. They don't care, they don't want to listen to anything that actually means they have to change their worldview and stop being pathetic inadequates blaming Pavel, Priya and Penda for the fact that they've failed at life. That's why I for one take the piss out of them - because they'd rather revel and wallow in their own bigotry and inadequacy rather than take responsibility for themselves. Which is super-ironic give how they're usually opposed to things like the 'nanny state'(read: 'actually looking after the weakest and most vulnerable i society').

Quite. I have no idea why it's still so common to pretend that there hasn't been years of attempts to engage with these people on here. It's a weird narrative that's easily disproved if you actually read posts.

Some posters (luckily a minority) seem far more comfortable in going after the people who have given up and now take the pish out of these goons rather than the people, you know, posting the bigoted nonsense.

I'm still waiting for one of the 'let's listen respectfully' crew to convert just one of the people like the fella in the video up top, despite all these years of trying. I'm not holding my breath.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 19:32]

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 19:27 - Jul 4 with 921 viewsBlueBadger

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 18:41 - Jul 4 by SpruceMoose

Quite. I have no idea why it's still so common to pretend that there hasn't been years of attempts to engage with these people on here. It's a weird narrative that's easily disproved if you actually read posts.

Some posters (luckily a minority) seem far more comfortable in going after the people who have given up and now take the pish out of these goons rather than the people, you know, posting the bigoted nonsense.

I'm still waiting for one of the 'let's listen respectfully' crew to convert just one of the people like the fella in the video up top, despite all these years of trying. I'm not holding my breath.

THIS. I'm all for people holding stupid views to actually change their minds in the face of actual reality. Sadly they're few and far between. Shout out to J2 here for holding his hands up.

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 19:52 - Jul 4 with 901 viewsSpruceMoose

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 18:41 - Jul 4 by SpruceMoose

Interesting downvote.

What is wrong in my post?

1) Racists and bigots are bad, and sometimes they appear on the forum.
2) For years people have tried to reason with them.
3) That hasn't worked.
4) Some posters still think that they can be reasoned with despite all evidence to the contrary.
5) Other posters gave given up trying to reason with them as historically it has proved to not work.
6) Some of the 'give reason a chance' posters get annoyed at the posters who have given up trying to reason with bigots and racists, and seem to hold them responsible for the continuing bigoted and racist behaviour.
7) Some of the 'laugh at bigots and racists' posters think it's absurd to continue to try and see the best in certain bigots and racists and to think that they might change.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 19:56]

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 22:13 - Jul 4 with 846 viewsNewcyBlue

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 18:18 - Jul 4 by BlueBadger

Punch a racist.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 00:52 - Jul 5 with 805 viewsjontysnut

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 09:09 - Jul 4 by DanTheMan

I don't think I've ever had a problem asking for a black coffee in a shop before. They know what you mean.

Gregory in Gregory's Girl, when asked if he'd like his coffee back or white, said 'brown'.
Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 10:37 - Jul 5 with 723 viewsLibero

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 17:20 - Jul 4 by SpruceMoose

There’s a thin slither of those people are just as bad in my opinion, benefit of the doubt is one thing but there are those who essentially offer a shield for the deplorables to retreat under when challenged.
Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 10:40 - Jul 5 with 714 viewsWeWereZombies

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 10:37 - Jul 5 by Libero

There’s a thin slither of those people are just as bad in my opinion, benefit of the doubt is one thing but there are those who essentially offer a shield for the deplorables to retreat under when challenged.

Either that or they are working hard to get all the players onside, much easier to get a point across and corrective action enforced when 90% agree. If things get polarised into fifty/fifty camps then nothing moves forward easily.

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 10:45 - Jul 5 with 705 viewsLibero

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 10:40 - Jul 5 by WeWereZombies

Either that or they are working hard to get all the players onside, much easier to get a point across and corrective action enforced when 90% agree. If things get polarised into fifty/fifty camps then nothing moves forward easily.

Absolutely, those people you refer to are not part of the “thin slither” that I refer too.

...although some may believe they’re doing as you suggest when they’re actually doing as I state.
Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 10:47 - Jul 5 with 701 viewsWeWereZombies

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 10:45 - Jul 5 by Libero

Absolutely, those people you refer to are not part of the “thin slither” that I refer too.

...although some may believe they’re doing as you suggest when they’re actually doing as I state.

In the case of those you describe at the end of that post I suggest that it is you, perhaps, who should be using the persuasion is better than confrontation tactic. Although I appreciate that it can be difficult to hold the line in extenuating circumstances.

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 10:50 - Jul 5 with 695 viewsLibero

Imagine working yourself up over something that isn’t true? on 10:47 - Jul 5 by WeWereZombies

In the case of those you describe at the end of that post I suggest that it is you, perhaps, who should be using the persuasion is better than confrontation tactic. Although I appreciate that it can be difficult to hold the line in extenuating circumstances.

I’m not always an active participant in these threads, sometimes I’m just a reader.

Regardless, I only really “confront” people when they’ve tried to slyly step away from something or refuse to acknowledge a level of hypocrisy or problematic nature to something they’ve said.

I’m all about the discussion, I think there was a recent thread where Spurcey and I disagreed despite holding very similar values as I feel he can sometimes be somewhat over zealous in the kind of behaviour you’re describing.

In my opinion I’m more likely to just stop engaging with an individual about certain subjects than to be the kind of poster you’re referring to.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 10:57]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024