Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Folami 12:37 - Jul 4 with 4188 viewsclive_baker

How likely is he to stake a claim next season do we think? With the purse strings no doubt being tightened for obvious reasons, I was giving some thought to our forward options on my morning bike ride today. Absolutely key that we get Norwood fit, he looked off the pace for a lot of last season, but I still think he and Jackson could strike up a decent partnership. With Keane gone, not a decision I disagree with FWIW, that only really leaves Freddie as another senior striker, and he's as likely to be deployed wider. He's also had injuries of his own so it'll be interesting to see if he can find anything close to his pre injury form.

Potentially leaves a decent amount of football for Simpson, Folami, Morris. Tyreece has the physical advantage in that he really is what we lacked at times last season, but I wondered which of these is most likely to stake a claim do we think? Morris and Folami are 21 now, they're young but they're not kids. It feels like a great opportunity for them.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Ben Folami on 07:46 - Jul 5 with 911 viewsIpswichKnight

Only 2 headers from corners I can remember were at Peterborough ( corner taken by El Miz ) and against Lincoln. As others have said we have the 5th best defence in the league and the 11th best attack, the problems are we just don’t create enough.
Ben Folami on 09:08 - Jul 5 with 857 viewstractorboy1978

Ben Folami on 23:09 - Jul 4 by bournemouthblue

I still think we need a bit more, we have no plan b against the more physical organised sides

How many goals did we score from free kicks or corners?

Yes Garbutt banged a few in but with his delivery, we should have been scoring a lot more headers than we did

We had no plan A, let alone a plan B. After a great start we came unstuck against virtually everyone we played whether they were more organised (a management issue, not a player issue) more physical or played better football than us.

Our major issues were a lack of creativity, a lack of tempo and having no real pattern of play.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 9:17]
Ben Folami on 09:35 - Jul 5 with 840 viewsWickets

Ben Folami on 07:46 - Jul 5 by IpswichKnight

Only 2 headers from corners I can remember were at Peterborough ( corner taken by El Miz ) and against Lincoln. As others have said we have the 5th best defence in the league and the 11th best attack, the problems are we just don’t create enough.

Not sure it was just creativity as we did miss a lot of chances .Perhaps need to create a few more and also miss a few less . Its a simple game really . Find it hard that PL decided against Murth and Tommy 'cos they had been here before !
Ben Folami on 09:38 - Jul 5 with 837 viewsbournemouthblue

Ben Folami on 07:46 - Jul 5 by IpswichKnight

I think Wolfy might have scored a header against Lincoln also?

But if you add some extra goals via headers from set pieces, you're probably scoring 5 - 10% more goals and that adds up across a season

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Ben Folami on 13:25 - Jul 5 with 765 viewsIpswichKnight

Ben Folami on 09:38 - Jul 5 by bournemouthblue

I think Wolfy might have scored a header against Lincoln also?

But if you add some extra goals via headers from set pieces, you're probably scoring 5 - 10% more goals and that adds up across a season

Yeah he did.

I don’t have a problem with not bringing on Tommy Smith, the thought of Smith and Wilson hoofing it for 90 minutes is not one I want to dwell on, we need another centre half who is comfortable on the ball. The defence isn’t an issue it’s scoring and creating. Murphy is interesting one we could do with that type of player but I don’t believe we should ever go back we’d be adding to the wage bill with no real selling value.
Ben Folami on 13:29 - Jul 5 with 757 viewsLibero

Ben Folami on 13:25 - Jul 5 by IpswichKnight

Yeah he did.

I don’t have a problem with not bringing on Tommy Smith, the thought of Smith and Wilson hoofing it for 90 minutes is not one I want to dwell on, we need another centre half who is comfortable on the ball. The defence isn’t an issue it’s scoring and creating. Murphy is interesting one we could do with that type of player but I don’t believe we should ever go back we’d be adding to the wage bill with no real selling value.

If we signed Tommy Smith he’d be the best ball playing centre half at the club, he can play more than most think and only really looked uncomfortable on the ball when asked to play on the right of the pairing.
Ben Folami on 14:25 - Jul 5 with 721 viewsITFCMonk

Was out on loan at Stevenage and barely played from what I know of
Ben Folami on 16:30 - Jul 5 with 684 viewsbournemouthblue

Ben Folami on 13:29 - Jul 5 by Libero

If we signed Tommy Smith he’d be the best ball playing centre half at the club, he can play more than most think and only really looked uncomfortable on the ball when asked to play on the right of the pairing.

He'd be solid in League One, no question about it

I wonder if we'll go back in for him. He's also potential captain material once Chambo moves on

Login to get fewer ads

Ben Folami on 21:06 - Jul 5 with 623 viewstractorboy1978

Ben Folami on 16:30 - Jul 5 by bournemouthblue

He'd be solid in League One, no question about it

I wonder if we'll go back in for him. He's also potential captain material once Chambo moves on

We need our heads testing if we don't sign him. His missus has just given birth and is a local girl so expect he'd snap our hands off for a deal.
Ben Folami on 08:24 - Jul 6 with 529 viewsitfcjoe

Ben Folami on 15:37 - Jul 4 by PhilTWTD

Heard whispers we were interested in him but I think Forest recalled him from Lincoln to add their their options up front.

He was lined up for us, but Giroud to Newcastle got pulled late which meant Dwight Gayle to Forest and subsequently Walker to us fell through

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ben Folami on 09:47 - Jul 6 with 478 viewsbournemouthblue

Ben Folami on 08:24 - Jul 6 by itfcjoe

He was lined up for us, but Giroud to Newcastle got pulled late which meant Dwight Gayle to Forest and subsequently Walker to us fell through

So would we have had him alongside Norwood and Jackson or instead of Norwood perhaps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024