Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Appaulled by one's own. 13:45 - Jul 4 with 4000 viewshampstead_blue

Am a member of a few veteran type fv groups. Mainly linked to my old units and Corps.

In one group, Ex-Army or something like that, someone posted a video of a black chap gobbing off to a group of white blokes. He got his head bashed about. Nothing particularly edifying for either party in the video.

What hurt me was the comments. I'm not going to repeat as I don't want to be any way linked but......
I did report it and left the group.

It's sad and shameful that a bunch of Phil Mitchell lookeelikeees, and that was pretty much the demographic, are out there and spouting off in the name of 'veterans'.

Happy to share good and bad and this is utterly shameful.

Context before someone disappears into the kuiper belt........These are only my 'own' in that they are veterans. Nowt else links me to those utter morons. Let's just make that clear. Sorry Herbivore to ruin that one for you.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 13:47]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Appaulled by one's own. on 15:46 - Jul 4 with 3513 viewsSeablu

Spelling?
Appaulled by one's own. on 16:05 - Jul 4 with 3477 viewsbournemouthblue

Funny this has come up because the BBC did a little piece on this themselves
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p085s6kz/racism-in-the-ranks

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Appaulled by one's own. on 16:44 - Jul 4 with 3421 viewsGlasgowBlue

Appaulled by one's own. on 16:05 - Jul 4 by bournemouthblue

I see that Germany has had to suspend their version of the SAS after some of its soldiers were found to have hoarded army-issue firearms, exchanged Hitler salutes and joined far-right messaging groups.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/germanys-sas-suspended-after-neo-nazi-soldier

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Appaulled by one's own. on 16:54 - Jul 4 with 3411 viewsLibero

I know what you mean mate, there was a former veteran on here a couple of weeks ago who used the term “window lickers” and refused to acknowledge that its a horrible derogatory comment that mocks the disabled. No apology, no humility, just ignorance and cheap excuses.

Very distasteful.
Appaulled by one's own. on 17:04 - Jul 4 with 3381 viewsWeWereZombies

Appaulled by one's own. on 16:54 - Jul 4 by Libero

I know what you mean mate, there was a former veteran on here a couple of weeks ago who used the term “window lickers” and refused to acknowledge that its a horrible derogatory comment that mocks the disabled. No apology, no humility, just ignorance and cheap excuses.

Very distasteful.

Some years ago there was a regular poster with that username.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Appaulled by one's own. on 17:04 - Jul 4 with 3380 viewsbournemouthblue

Appaulled by one's own. on 16:44 - Jul 4 by GlasgowBlue

I see that Germany has had to suspend their version of the SAS after some of its soldiers were found to have hoarded army-issue firearms, exchanged Hitler salutes and joined far-right messaging groups.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/germanys-sas-suspended-after-neo-nazi-soldier

Blimey, there's clearly been some massive failings there

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Appaulled by one's own. on 17:05 - Jul 4 with 3375 viewsLibero

Appaulled by one's own. on 17:04 - Jul 4 by WeWereZombies

Did he live in Hampstead, per chance?
Appaulled by one's own. on 17:09 - Jul 4 with 3363 viewsWeWereZombies

Appaulled by one's own. on 17:05 - Jul 4 by Libero

From what little I remember of their posts I cannot say I noticed any similarity. I mention it more as an indication of something that raised a smirk back then but would be seen as lame now...well by most but not all it seems.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Login to get fewer ads

Appaulled by one's own. on 17:20 - Jul 4 with 3318 viewsblueislander

Appaulled by one's own. on 17:05 - Jul 4 by Libero

I think thatVestanpance used that as his alter-ego.
Appaulled by one's own. on 17:35 - Jul 4 with 3278 viewsvapour_trail

Appaulled by one's own. on 17:04 - Jul 4 by WeWereZombies

All the finest posters take their names from a tune

[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 17:45]

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Appaulled by one's own. on 17:43 - Jul 4 with 3230 viewshampstead_blue

Appaulled by one's own. on 16:54 - Jul 4 by Libero

Very distasteful.

Take it out of context, which was clearly offered, and you can call anything anything.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Appaulled by one's own. on 17:45 - Jul 4 with 3219 viewshampstead_blue

Appaulled by one's own. on 16:05 - Jul 4 by bournemouthblue

Chuffed it's been highlighted in this manner.
Clearly shows those serving the correct standards and behaviours.

Appaulled by one's own. on 17:57 - Jul 4 with 3172 viewsCoastalblue

I would have thought there are very few professions that don't have a similar group attached to them, the fact they happen to be veterans shouldn't be any different to if they were former bankers, or road sweepers, nobody should label a group by a few mindless morons.

What's more worrying is the fact that most professions probably do have a group like this, shows what a long, long way we have to go as a country.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Appaulled by one's own. on 17:59 - Jul 4 with 3171 viewsLibero

Appaulled by one's own. on 17:43 - Jul 4 by hampstead_blue

Take it out of context, which was clearly offered, and you can call anything anything.

No, the only context being ignored was by yourself, you weren’t even big enough to acknowledge you’d dropped a b0llock, as the thread clearly shows.

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. by Herbivore 26 Jun 2020 21:30
It's his standard MO. Say something out of order then claim it's been taken out of context and we should believe him on that because he's a great guy. It's a pretty sick act really.

It’s great that you were disgusted by people using derogatory language towards people of BAME background, maybe moving forwards you could show the same sensitivity towards those with a disability.

Calling someone a “window licker” is a disgusting insult that demeans disabled people and is wholly unacceptable.
It’s no good claiming “you didn’t mean it like that” the insinuation is clear.
https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/window_licker

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_disability-related_terms_with_negative_c
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 18:03]
Appaulled by one's own. on 18:23 - Jul 4 with 3118 viewsPablokuqi

Appaulled by one's own. on 17:57 - Jul 4 by Coastalblue

I would have thought there are very few professions that don't have a similar group attached to them, the fact they happen to be veterans shouldn't be any different to if they were former bankers, or road sweepers, nobody should label a group by a few mindless morons.

What's more worrying is the fact that most professions probably do have a group like this, shows what a long, long way we have to go as a country.

People's career choices are very much linked to their personality traits which are also linked to their political values. There are of course plenty of exceptions but the average will fall within those confines. So for example teachers and nurses in the caring professions are more likely to be left leaning, those in the military are more likely to be right leaning.
Appaulled by one's own. on 20:43 - Jul 4 with 2986 viewsEdwardStone

Appaulled by one's own. on 18:23 - Jul 4 by Pablokuqi

People's career choices are very much linked to their personality traits which are also linked to their political values. There are of course plenty of exceptions but the average will fall within those confines. So for example teachers and nurses in the caring professions are more likely to be left leaning, those in the military are more likely to be right leaning.

Thing is...

All generalisations are untrue

Including this one

Appaulled by one's own. on 21:44 - Jul 4 with 2919 viewsfooters

Quite a few ex-squaddies are racist bigots? Well, colour me shocked!

Btw, the only proper window licker is below ↓

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Appaulled by one's own. on 22:18 - Jul 4 with 2863 viewsMelford

Appaulled by one's own. on 17:35 - Jul 4 by vapour_trail

All the finest posters take their names from a tune

[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 17:45]

What a tune as well

still got it 20 years on

[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 22:21]

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Appaulled by one's own. on 22:35 - Jul 4 with 2830 viewsSpruceMoose

Appaulled by one's own. on 15:46 - Jul 4 by Seablu

Spelling?

Military intelligence eh?
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 22:36]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Appaulled by one's own. on 23:39 - Jul 4 with 2783 viewsjaykay

Appaulled by one's own. on 22:35 - Jul 4 by SpruceMoose

Military intelligence eh?
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 22:36]

i cant keep up i thought he was in Airmobile and Airborne or was it the medical corp

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Appaulled by one's own. on 00:18 - Jul 5 with 2735 viewsjeera

Good to hear you took the right side of this.

I do still wonder when, if ever, someone associates themselves less with the forces once they have left. I mean with time.

I may be mistaken but I thought you said you work a straight job and left some 20 odd years ago.

I guess some people will always identify if they had served a number of years.

Bit like most ex-service of anything really.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 1:59]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Appaulled by one's own. on 09:11 - Jul 5 with 2578 viewsLibero

Appaulled by one's own. on 00:18 - Jul 5 by jeera

I do still wonder when, if ever, someone associates themselves less with the forces once they have left. I mean with time.

I may be mistaken but I thought you said you work a straight job and left some 20 odd years ago.

I believe he works/worked for a veterans charity...
Appaulled by one's own. on 09:28 - Jul 5 with 2548 viewshampstead_blue

Appaulled by one's own. on 23:39 - Jul 4 by jaykay

i cant keep up i thought he was in Airmobile and Airborne or was it the medical corp

Shall I shine a light for you....

Airmobile and Airborne are roles and a means of insertion into an area.

Airmobile is using helicopters and Airborne jumping out of aircraft.

When I was serving you had 5th Airborne Brigade in Aldershot. 23 Parachute Field Ambulance was the unit I was in there.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5th_Infantry_Brigade_(United_Kingdom)

The Airmobile Brigade was in Colly. It was called 19 AirMob Brigade. The RAMC unit was called 19 Airmobile Field Ambulance.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Mobile_Brigade

I hope that's made that part clear.

Appaulled by one's own. on 09:59 - Jul 5 with 2510 viewsLibero

Appaulled by one's own. on 09:28 - Jul 5 by hampstead_blue

Shall I shine a light for you....

Airmobile and Airborne are roles and a means of insertion into an area.

Airmobile is using helicopters and Airborne jumping out of aircraft.

When I was serving you had 5th Airborne Brigade in Aldershot. 23 Parachute Field Ambulance was the unit I was in there.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5th_Infantry_Brigade_(United_Kingdom)

The Airmobile Brigade was in Colly. It was called 19 AirMob Brigade. The RAMC unit was called 19 Airmobile Field Ambulance.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Mobile_Brigade

I hope that's made that part clear.

...so I take it you’re again going to turn down the opportunity I’ve given you to show some humility and admit that your use of the term “window licker” was completely out of line?
Appaulled by one's own. on 13:57 - Jul 5 with 2408 viewseastangliaisblue

Appaulled by one's own. on 00:18 - Jul 5 by jeera

I was an on-call firefighter for just over 11 years. I still take an interest, and a member of a few social media groups. I also still meet up with ex and still serving colleagues. I guess most people do continue to identify, once they have been in the services. Mostly for me it is about the bond i have formed with people i served with. A bond formed by the incidents we dealt with together, that you couldn't possibly explain the feelings to, to the general public. I'm guessing it's no different to ex military, police or any other service.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024