Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Test team selection.... 14:09 - Jul 4 with 1057 viewshampstead_blue

I'm not liking that top 4.

Rory Burns, Dom Sibley, Zak Crawley and Joe Denly.....Yawn.....Get Dan Lawrence at 5 and Pope and 4.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/53290755

Dom Bess in as the spinner.
Obvious that Wood and Woakes will miss out.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Test team selection.... on 14:33 - Jul 4 with 1009 viewsAce_High1

Root in for Denly for second test.

Burns and Sibley deserve a run. No issues with Stokes and Pope and 5 and 6.

Don't know why Woakes is in there. They want to play Wood and Archer but cannot see how they can get both in at the moment with Anderson and Broad fit.

Pleased for Bess, Leach not good enough and Ali has not done enough to warrant selection.
Test team selection.... on 14:41 - Jul 4 with 997 viewsPablokuqi

Test team selection.... on 14:33 - Jul 4 by Ace_High1

Don't know why Woakes is in there. They want to play Wood and Archer but cannot see how they can get both in at the moment with Anderson and Broad fit.

Pleased for Bess, Leach not good enough and Ali has not done enough to warrant selection.

Bess is the man in possession sends out wrong message if Moen had come back in and I am saying that as one of his biggest fans.

Not a Denly fan but agree only in for Root for one game only, well I hope so anyway. Need to start building towards next Ashes.
Test team selection.... on 15:31 - Jul 4 with 960 viewsbracknell_blue

Apart from playing the wrong county (*and champions) what does Dan Lawrence have to do to get a game ahead of those.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Test team selection.... on 16:08 - Jul 4 with 939 viewsbournemouthblue

I'm still not sure why Foakes hasn't had a crack yet. If they aren't going to pick him now, that might be it for him?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Test team selection.... on 17:49 - Jul 4 with 892 viewshampstead_blue

Test team selection.... on 16:08 - Jul 4 by bournemouthblue

I'm still not sure why Foakes hasn't had a crack yet. If they aren't going to pick him now, that might be it for him?

Give me Foakes and Lawrence in there.

Problem is who would I drop to get Foakes in?
Denly isn't a test player. Struggling to get my head around that. Crawley is worthy of a run with Sibley and Burns opening.

Burns
Sibley
Crawley
Pope
Lawrence
Stokes
Foakes/Buttler
Bess
Archer
Broad
Anderson

I'm all about the best gloveman and that's Foakes all day long.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Test team selection.... on 17:53 - Jul 4 with 887 viewsGuthrum

There are runs there, if they can keep things together and not go all T20. The problem comes if we arrive at 40 for 4 with the pressure of captaincy bearing down on Stokes.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Test team selection.... on 18:31 - Jul 4 with 860 viewssolemio

Test team selection.... on 14:33 - Jul 4 by Ace_High1

As a member of Somerset CCC I have to say that in my opinion and that of most Somerset followers Leach is all-round a better bowler than Bess. Leach's health has been a problem, and it is probably the right decision to pick Dom for this match rather than Jack.
Test team selection.... on 18:54 - Jul 4 with 831 viewsPablokuqi

Test team selection.... on 18:31 - Jul 4 by solemio

As a member of Somerset CCC I have to say that in my opinion and that of most Somerset followers Leach is all-round a better bowler than Bess. Leach's health has been a problem, and it is probably the right decision to pick Dom for this match rather than Jack.

I don't think any cricket follower would disagree that Leach is a better bowler than Bess. But Bess is a better bat and fielder and the man in possession. And therefore you are right deserves to be picked for this game. Moen is a better bat and better bowler than Bess at this moment but potentially Bess is better bowler in the future. To play Moen would have sent out the wrong message.
Login to get fewer ads

Test team selection.... on 20:54 - Jul 4 with 792 viewsAce_High1

Test team selection.... on 18:31 - Jul 4 by solemio

Leach does not have the personality as a bowler for Test Cricket.

You can see Bess has a bit of something about him for the big stage.
Test team selection.... on 21:30 - Jul 4 with 774 viewssolemio

Test team selection.... on 20:54 - Jul 4 by Ace_High1

Leach does not have the personality as a bowler for Test Cricket.

You can see Bess has a bit of something about him for the big stage.

I saw Bess's first ever match at Taunton. We all agreed that we could not remember seeing a debutant so quietly confident as Dom, who looked as if he had been a team member for years. He is not big-headed, just has an inner belief.

If this is not true he is the best actor ever!
Test team selection.... on 09:32 - Jul 5 with 694 viewshampstead_blue

Test team selection.... on 18:54 - Jul 4 by Pablokuqi

I don't think any cricket follower would disagree that Leach is a better bowler than Bess. But Bess is a better bat and fielder and the man in possession. And therefore you are right deserves to be picked for this game. Moen is a better bat and better bowler than Bess at this moment but potentially Bess is better bowler in the future. To play Moen would have sent out the wrong message.

this is the problem with the wicket keeper position.

The selectors look at the secondary roles the player can fulfill which immediately confuses the selection, in my mind.

Your spinner should be the best spinner. Moen's selection was, if I get this right, was down to a lack of spinners. His batting is sublime, often defying physics with perfect timing and rhythm. As a fielder he is one you hide.

I'd go for the best spinner on form at that time, or at least give someone a run to allow them to bed in and manage peaks and troughs.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024