Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another defeat for the hapless budgies. 14:31 - Jul 4 with 2507 viewsBent_double

Not long now until the inevitable.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 14:32 - Jul 4 with 1840 viewsbournemouthblue

What's all that sitting down and moping about

Surely that's the wrong attitude?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 14:32 - Jul 4 with 1842 viewsDyland

It's no comfort really.

If they are hapless how would we describe ITFC?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 14:34 - Jul 4 with 1821 viewsbournemouthblue

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 14:32 - Jul 4 by Dyland

It's no comfort really.

Hopeless?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 14:35 - Jul 4 with 1818 viewsFixed_It

It's no comfort really.

Well if they stayed up it would certainly be less of a comfort.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 14:35 - Jul 4 with 1814 viewsDyland

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 14:34 - Jul 4 by bournemouthblue

Hopeless?

Utterly.

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 14:36 - Jul 4 with 1808 viewsDyland

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 14:35 - Jul 4 by Fixed_It

Well if they stayed up it would certainly be less of a comfort.

True.

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 14:39 - Jul 4 with 1801 viewsFunge

It's no comfort really.

Fix up, Dyllers.

We're total sh1t, and have been so for quite some time now.

However, watching that lot go down without any semblance of a fight makes me smile.

I hate Norfolk.
Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 14:40 - Jul 4 with 1784 viewsPJH

Yes, five out of five since the resumption.

Today was a bonus because I thought that they might have got a 0-0 out of that one.
Login to get fewer ads

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 14:43 - Jul 4 with 1782 viewsMullet

It's no comfort really.

This is the lowest we've ever been, they're supposedly the most forward-thinking, modern superpower they've ever been and yet they've got a sh1t Munich side they snuck past as their crowning achievement.

This was where they left us in the dirt forever apparently. They've had pretty much all the luck they could have had in the last decade from Boro not turning up for a playoff final onwards.

Not since Reading's 106 sh1te has one club made up so many accolades to puff themselves up.

This only hurts so much for us as we've never been here before and it was self-inflicted. It'll not last. They'll always be no marks the football world loves to pat on the head.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 14:46 - Jul 4 with 1766 viewsPJH

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 14:43 - Jul 4 by Mullet

This is the lowest we've ever been, they're supposedly the most forward-thinking, modern superpower they've ever been and yet they've got a sh1t Munich side they snuck past as their crowning achievement.

This was where they left us in the dirt forever apparently. They've had pretty much all the luck they could have had in the last decade from Boro not turning up for a playoff final onwards.

Not since Reading's 106 sh1te has one club made up so many accolades to puff themselves up.

This only hurts so much for us as we've never been here before and it was self-inflicted. It'll not last. They'll always be no marks the football world loves to pat on the head.

Although their programme for next season will probably say "2019/20 Premier League Participants".
Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 14:48 - Jul 4 with 1753 viewsDyland

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 14:39 - Jul 4 by Funge

Fix up, Dyllers.

We're total sh1t, and have been so for quite some time now.

However, watching that lot go down without any semblance of a fight makes me smile.

I hate Norfolk.

Well I'm just gonna be an even more miserable sod than you buh :)

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 14:50 - Jul 4 with 1747 viewsMullet

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 14:46 - Jul 4 by PJH

Although their programme for next season will probably say "2019/20 Premier League Participants".

They can invent whatever awards they like. "Best use of an Alice band in Prem history" "Yellowest flag" whatever, they're back to turning on themselves and Farke again as the reality dawns on them.

I'm more worried about us right now. Recovering from Hurst and the damage done getting him in and out is a bigger job now we've had COVID losing us so much time and money too.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

ok, cheering me up a little on 14:50 - Jul 4 with 1746 viewsDyland

do carry on folks...

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 14:51 - Jul 4 with 1743 viewsBobbychase

Exactly this - FarkeBall was supposed to sweep them into the UEFA places and stun the league. Instead they have't taken a single point after going behind all season and haven't scored a single goal in the league since the restart, with the teams above them all doing their best to give them a helping hand.

But yeah, best team to ever get relegated.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 15:00 - Jul 4 with 1698 viewsPJH

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 14:50 - Jul 4 by Mullet

They can invent whatever awards they like. "Best use of an Alice band in Prem history" "Yellowest flag" whatever, they're back to turning on themselves and Farke again as the reality dawns on them.

I'm more worried about us right now. Recovering from Hurst and the damage done getting him in and out is a bigger job now we've had COVID losing us so much time and money too.

I agree, our short term future and with that our long term future is something of a concern.

That is why I like to take my mind off it a bit by watching THEM lose every week.
Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 16:26 - Jul 4 with 1571 viewsJDB23

If they hadn't gotten that fluke win v City they would be talked about as one of the worst teams in Prem history, funny what one result can do.
Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 18:04 - Jul 4 with 1409 viewsNthQldITFC

That's the way to do it!

"Ooh, mother!"

Not sure that the actual BBC caption for this image is pertinent?
'There were several eye-catching performances for Brighton but Aaron Mooy marked his return to the side with an energetic display that included a perfect delivery for Leandro Trossard to score'
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 18:07]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 18:30 - Jul 4 with 1362 viewsfactual_blue

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 14:46 - Jul 4 by PJH

To what extent they've actually participated is an interesting debate.

They could say 'made up the numbers in the Premier League 2019-2020'. I'd accept that.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 18:41 - Jul 4 with 1331 viewstrncbluearmy

Excellent and enjoying watching the scum disintergrate very nearly makes up for our own demise
Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 18:44 - Jul 4 with 1329 viewsPablokuqi

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 18:30 - Jul 4 by factual_blue

They could say 'made up the numbers in the Premier League 2019-2020'. I'd accept that.

No doubt Sutton will be on 5 live this week saying they have been the most attractive footballing side in Premier league history to be relegated and will walk the championship next season!

The irritating thing is they do have a number of players they can sell for rather large sums of money, and they also did not exactly overstretch themselves financially this season either.

They will be in a good position to go again next year. While we have Lambert we are doomed.
Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 19:55 - Jul 4 with 1256 viewsBlueBadger

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 16:26 - Jul 4 by JDB23

If they hadn't gotten that fluke win v City they would be talked about as one of the worst teams in Prem history, funny what one result can do.

In all fairness, that shouldn't bar them from that conversation, given that our second worst team ever got a win against an all-conquering Man United side.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 20:04 - Jul 4 with 1237 viewsEastTownBlue

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 18:30 - Jul 4 by factual_blue

They also participated in trying to get relegation scrapped ahead of football recommencing following the pause for Covid-19.

I have no idea of their motivation behind this.
Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 20:06 - Jul 4 with 1236 viewsjaykay

to think some were thinking, they might stay up and win the F.A. cup a couple weeks back and that was on here.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 20:13 - Jul 4 with 1229 viewsBlueBadger

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 20:06 - Jul 4 by jaykay

to think some were thinking, they might stay up and win the F.A. cup a couple weeks back and that was on here.

There's a significant minority in here who seem to delight in Norwich triumphs. Weirdly enough, they generally also try to present themselves as Town superfans.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 20:13]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 20:23 - Jul 4 with 1208 viewsBent_double

Another defeat for the hapless budgies. on 18:44 - Jul 4 by Pablokuqi

No doubt Sutton will be on 5 live this week saying they have been the most attractive footballing side in Premier league history to be relegated and will walk the championship next season!

The irritating thing is they do have a number of players they can sell for rather large sums of money, and they also did not exactly overstretch themselves financially this season either.

They will be in a good position to go again next year. While we have Lambert we are doomed.

I wouldn't worry too much about that, just about every team who are relegated believes they will walk the league below the following season, but invariably Something Happens that starts the process of everything going wrong, hopefully leading to successive relegations.

Maybe Farke will be enticed away, and they will look to the lower leagues for a replacement, who knows, we might be able to help them out there...

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024