Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who are the best ever team to be relegated? 09:40 - Jul 6 with 5739 viewsbournemouthblue

inspired by the Budgies farcical claims of bring the best side ever to be relegated, who do we reckon is actually the best side to be relegated from the Premier League?

I imagine West Ham who were relegated with the highest points total will have a fair shout?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 09:44 - Jul 6 with 3405 viewsclive_baker

Are some people actually claiming that to be the case? Odd given they're rock bottom and can't beat an egg. They're not even the best side to be relegated this season.

Newcastle in 2016 are worthy of a mention. Their squad was far too good to go down but Rafa came in too late. Steve Mclaren, what a disaster he is.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 09:45 - Jul 6 with 3386 viewsLibero

Yep, that West Ham side with Sinclair, Joe Cole, Carrick, Kanoute, etc.
Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 09:46 - Jul 6 with 3390 viewsGeoffSentence

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 09:44 - Jul 6 by clive_baker

Are some people actually claiming that to be the case? Odd given they're rock bottom and can't beat an egg. They're not even the best side to be relegated this season.

Newcastle in 2016 are worthy of a mention. Their squad was far too good to go down but Rafa came in too late. Steve Mclaren, what a disaster he is.

I think the actual claim from Chris Sutton was 'best team to be bottom of the premier league', which is also demonstrably nonsense.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 09:48 - Jul 6 with 3367 viewsSimonds92

Has to be that West Ham team. At least 3 of them went on to win the league.
Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 09:48 - Jul 6 with 3365 viewsFixed_It

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 09:46 - Jul 6 by GeoffSentence

I think the actual claim from Chris Sutton was 'best team to be bottom of the premier league', which is also demonstrably nonsense.

They certainly seem to be pulling out all the stops to prove him to be a total pillock right now!
[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 9:49]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 09:49 - Jul 6 with 3362 viewsbournemouthblue

That's a fair shout there, that was a very strong side indeed

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 09:52 - Jul 6 with 3345 viewsBlueBadger

The Middlesboro team with Juniniho(sp?), Emerson, Ravenelli, et al spings to mind.

They were handicapped by having Bryan 'the old Roy Keane' Robson managing them though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 10:15 - Jul 6 with 3289 viewsWeWereZombies

If you could ignore Matteo Sereni then it has to be us in 2001/02.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Login to get fewer ads

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 10:16 - Jul 6 with 3287 viewsBlueBadger

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 10:15 - Jul 6 by WeWereZombies

You appear to have spelt 'Andy Marshall' wrongly there.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 10:19 - Jul 6 with 3269 viewsLibero

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 10:15 - Jul 6 by WeWereZombies

Can't agree with that, we were an absolute shambles that season domestically, mate.
Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 10:26 - Jul 6 with 3255 viewsWeWereZombies

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 10:16 - Jul 6 by BlueBadger

You appear to have spelt 'Andy Marshall' wrongly there.

I'm not going to persist with pushing the Andy Marshall was not a problem angle, but can we agree that Sereni was not the solution?

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 10:28 - Jul 6 with 3250 viewsSimonds92

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 10:19 - Jul 6 by Libero

Can't agree with that, we were an absolute shambles that season domestically, mate.

Tbf so were every other candidate for this title which is why they got relegated despite having standout players. I think the unluckiest team to be relegated are Sheff utd. After being done by the Tevez and Mascherano deal.
Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 10:41 - Jul 6 with 3212 viewsBlueBadger

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 10:26 - Jul 6 by WeWereZombies

I'm not going to persist with pushing the Andy Marshall was not a problem angle, but can we agree that Sereni was not the solution?

Oh yeah, two panic-bought goalies deffo.

for me, the main issue we had was the fact that we had precious little mobility in defence OR central midfield.
Sides were wise to our best play coming through Magilton and looked to cut him him off, leaving him chasing shadows(very slowly) and Matt Holland fire fighting and anyone running at McGreal and Venus...

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 10:43 - Jul 6 with 3191 viewsWeWereZombies

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 10:19 - Jul 6 by Libero

And teams become shambolic when they do not have best faith in their keeper. The fish rots from the head and all that.

(Just thought that the forum could do with a Mao Zedong quote this morning - although I have just checked that online and seen it ascribed to Rumi, the Persian poet who died in 1273.)

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 10:45 - Jul 6 with 3181 viewsLibero

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 10:43 - Jul 6 by WeWereZombies

And teams become shambolic when they do not have best faith in their keeper. The fish rots from the head and all that.

(Just thought that the forum could do with a Mao Zedong quote this morning - although I have just checked that online and seen it ascribed to Rumi, the Persian poet who died in 1273.)

Yup, both keepers failed to inspire confidence, Marshall in particular was an absolute joke. We went down and we deserved to go down, personally don't consider us unlucky or to have been a particularly "good" team who went down, too many changes, too soon.
Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 11:32 - Jul 6 with 3117 viewsfactual_blue

Man Utd?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 11:39 - Jul 6 with 3097 viewsOwainG1992

The Leeds United 04 team still had some real talent.
Paul Robinson, Radebe, Viduka, Smith etc

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 11:42 - Jul 6 with 3085 viewsClapham_Junction

Man City 1937/38 must be a decent shout.

Champions the previous season and the division's top scorers in the season they went down. I think possibly the only team ever relegated from the top division with a positive goal difference?
Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 11:44 - Jul 6 with 3080 viewsjaykay

didn't the leeds side relegated in 2004 have paul robinson , ian harte, lucas radebe, james milner, mark viduka etc in their squad that year

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 11:48 - Jul 6 with 3066 viewsLibero

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 11:44 - Jul 6 by jaykay

didn't the leeds side relegated in 2004 have paul robinson , ian harte, lucas radebe, james milner, mark viduka etc in their squad that year

Great shout, I can't remember how they performed points wise but that was a great Leeds side.
Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 11:55 - Jul 6 with 3042 viewsclive_baker

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 11:44 - Jul 6 by jaykay

That is a good shout. Especially considering it wasn't long before that David O'L had got them to a Champions League semi final. I don't like Leeds but I did like that side a lot. Martyn, Harte, Kelly, Rio, Woodgate, Radebe, Smith, Kewell, Viduka, Fowler, Keane, Dacourt etc.

Harte's still a cheating **** though.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 12:08 - Jul 6 with 3010 viewspatrickswell

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 11:48 - Jul 6 by Libero

Great shout, I can't remember how they performed points wise but that was a great Leeds side.

They , Wolves and Leicester all went down with the same points total: 33.

Leeds finished in 19th place.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 12:17]
Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 12:19 - Jul 6 with 2962 viewsSuperblue95

I think the Newcastle squad of 2008 were better. Too many mercenaries though and a shambolic trail of managers.

No squad containing Owen, Nolan, Barton, Duff, Martins, Taylor, Butt, Collocini, Enrique, Smith and Viduka should have been anywhere near going down.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 12:24 - Jul 6 with 2947 viewsWickets

Well they did beat Man City !!
Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 12:33 - Jul 6 with 2931 viewsdominiciawful

Blackpool in the Premier League in 2010/11 were entertaining.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024