Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can anyone give me a hand with CV/Cover Letters? 11:11 - Jul 6 with 669 viewstractordownsouth

I'm applying for a job as a constituency support officer for an MP in Wales. It's the bottom rung of the ladder and the description describes it as a good opportunity to "gain experience", but as my previous employment isn't in the subject area I'm not really sure where to start? Of course my degree is in the correct area, and I possess sufficient communication skills (which seems to be the most important attribute), but might be quite difficult to beef up my application

Also not 100% sure how to not repeat my CV in the Cover letter? It's been a while since I've written one.

I'm 99% sure I won't get it as I'm still doing my degree (although will of course defer if I'm successful) and it'll likely go to a graduate but I'm going to ask if I can do a week or two's work experience in June if I'm unsuccessful, which is something I was going to do anyway.

It's largely an attempt to get my foot in the door, although I'd obviously like to get the job.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Can anyone give me a hand with CV/Cover Letters? on 11:18 - Jul 6 with 638 viewsSteve_M

Use the cover letter to say 1) Why you want the job and 2) explain why you could still do it despite your lack of experience (interest, your experience on year year out etc). One paragraph for each, keep it short and readable.

Happy to read a draft if you want to DM.

Others, of course, will have different ideas.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Can anyone give me a hand with CV/Cover Letters? on 11:27 - Jul 6 with 596 viewstractordownsouth

Can anyone give me a hand with CV/Cover Letters? on 11:18 - Jul 6 by Steve_M

Use the cover letter to say 1) Why you want the job and 2) explain why you could still do it despite your lack of experience (interest, your experience on year year out etc). One paragraph for each, keep it short and readable.

Cheers, Steve.

Yeah I'll ping you a draft copy over DM at some point in the next few days.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Can anyone give me a hand with CV/Cover Letters? on 11:29 - Jul 6 with 588 viewsKeno

Can anyone give me a hand with CV/Cover Letters? on 11:18 - Jul 6 by Steve_M

to be fair Steve you nailed it there in one

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Can anyone give me a hand with CV/Cover Letters? on 13:21 - Jul 6 with 501 viewsfactual_blue

Can anyone give me a hand with CV/Cover Letters? on 11:27 - Jul 6 by tractordownsouth

Cheers, Steve.

Yeah I'll ping you a draft copy over DM at some point in the next few days.

As he's an MP, just offer him a bung.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024