Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More bizarre stuff from the world of US politics 12:20 - Jul 6 with 564 viewsStokieBlue

What is up with people at the moment?

https://www.indy100.com/article/florida-politician-kw-miller-beyonce-black-twitt

Or have they always been like this and feel more emboldened and the interwebs gives them the place to express their new found confidence?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

More bizarre stuff from the world of US politics on 12:46 - Jul 6 with 503 viewsbluelagos

Every pub has a resident know it all who it reality knows sfa. The only difference is that previously they had an audience of half a dozen, now they can broadcast their bollox more widely.

I guess the interweb also gives them the ability to find places receptive to their bollox too. Pleasingly Twtd doesn't get the worst of it :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

More bizarre stuff from the world of US politics on 12:56 - Jul 6 with 473 viewsDarth_Koont

More bizarre stuff from the world of US politics on 12:46 - Jul 6 by bluelagos

Every pub has a resident know it all who it reality knows sfa. The only difference is that previously they had an audience of half a dozen, now they can broadcast their bollox more widely.

I guess the interweb also gives them the ability to find places receptive to their bollox too. Pleasingly Twtd doesn't get the worst of it :-)

Agreed.

Problem is that Trump has shown that while this stuff will expose you to ridicule it will also get you elected.

I'm hoping that we're at our lowest point in terms of how powerful and dangerous social media/the Internet is given how credulous and naive too many people are. I can't believe that youngsters growing up with the Internet would be as clueless and gullible in how they use it and take in information.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024