Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The upcoming Brexit disaster 13:49 - Jul 6 with 3409 viewsgordon

is actually the fault of the people who said it would be a disaster.

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2020/07/06/leave-alliance-blaming-the-brexit-mess-on-r
The upcoming Brexit disaster on 13:54 - Jul 6 with 2290 viewsgiant_stow

haha!!!!

Nice try.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 14:00 - Jul 6 with 2264 viewsBlueBadger

As we all know by now, the only people who's fault it isn't are those who actually voted for it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 14:01 - Jul 6 with 2258 viewsBlueBadger

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 14:00 - Jul 6 by BlueBadger

As we all know by now, the only people who's fault it isn't are those who actually voted for it.

Also:

Glad to see this “ People’s Government” helping out their new constituenci by BlueBadger 25 Jan 2020 11:19
'I didn't think leopards would bite MY face off' says man who voted for the 'leopards to bite your face off' party.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 14:08 - Jul 6 with 2229 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 14:16 - Jul 6 with 2197 viewsHerbivore

It's quite incredible really. Rather than own the fact that maybe Brexit was always going to be a disaster they've decided that Brexit being a disaster is the fault of those who warned that it would be a disaster. It also ignores the reality that if the hard Brexit gang had fallen into line and voted for Brexit when they had the chance we'd be 15 months on from leaving right now and potentially out of the transition period.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 14:17 - Jul 6 with 2188 viewsFixed_It

They're going to blame it on the pandemic ultimately. And probably get away with it as far as most of the public are concerned.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 14:22 - Jul 6 with 2171 viewsSwansea_Blue

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 14:16 - Jul 6 by Herbivore

It's quite incredible really. Rather than own the fact that maybe Brexit was always going to be a disaster they've decided that Brexit being a disaster is the fault of those who warned that it would be a disaster. It also ignores the reality that if the hard Brexit gang had fallen into line and voted for Brexit when they had the chance we'd be 15 months on from leaving right now and potentially out of the transition period.

Their argument seems to be that it would have been perfect if they'd been allowed what they wanted in the first place (ignoring that they didn't know what they wanted). And that remainers blocked them at every turn (ignoring that May actually secured better terms than Boris).

It's all quite bizarre, but predictable. It was never going to be Leavers' fault for lobbying for Brexit off the back of a bunch of lies and then voting for it and then voting in a Leave-based government.

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 14:26 - Jul 6 with 2155 viewsSwansea_Blue

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 14:17 - Jul 6 by Fixed_It

They're going to blame it on the pandemic ultimately. And probably get away with it as far as most of the public are concerned.

They'll try, but there will probably be enough that can't be pinned on the pandemic to highlight Brexit's utter pointlessness. Like the Galileo satellite programme we paid into but then walked out of in order to buy our own (American company) system that isn't fit for purpose.

Login to get fewer ads

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 14:27 - Jul 6 with 2152 viewsLibero

I've such a low tolerance for this rubbish at the moment, especially considering the situation we currently all find ourselves in.

F*ck everyone who voted for brexit.
F*ck everyone who voted for this government.
The upcoming Brexit disaster on 14:37 - Jul 6 with 2122 viewsgordon

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 14:22 - Jul 6 by Swansea_Blue

Their argument seems to be that it would have been perfect if they'd been allowed what they wanted in the first place (ignoring that they didn't know what they wanted). And that remainers blocked them at every turn (ignoring that May actually secured better terms than Boris).

It's all quite bizarre, but predictable. It was never going to be Leavers' fault for lobbying for Brexit off the back of a bunch of lies and then voting for it and then voting in a Leave-based government.

Given that there was a ridiculous range of views on what Brexit actually entailed amongst Brexit supporters, the fact that most of the key players involved in the Brexit campaign were simply using it as an opportunity to raise their own profile, and the complete disregard any of them had for the practicalities of actually delivering Brexit, it's absolutely right that remainers should be held responsible for not stepping up to deliver Brexit on their behalf.
The upcoming Brexit disaster on 14:39 - Jul 6 with 2114 viewsfactual_blue

Proof if ever it were needed what a bunch of idiots every single one of the 52% are.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 14:40 - Jul 6 with 2112 viewsBlueBadger

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 14:39 - Jul 6 by factual_blue

Proof if ever it were needed what a bunch of idiots every single one of the 52% are.

Ah now, not all of them were idiots - quite a large proportion were racists as well.

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 14:45 - Jul 6 with 2099 viewsfactual_blue

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 14:40 - Jul 6 by BlueBadger

Ah now, not all of them were idiots - quite a large proportion were racists as well.

If you're a racist, you're an idiot.

And vice versa

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 14:47 - Jul 6 with 2092 viewsDarth_Koont

And Jesus wept.

From Cameron promising a referendum to May immediately pushing a hard Brexit and now to Boris and co declaring a No Deal the way to go, the future of the UK has been jeopardised (and millions of the most vulnerable paying for it) purely for Conservative electoral gains.

It's not surprising the hard-core Leavers are in denial and looking anywhere but at the truth.

Pronouns: He/Him

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 14:48 - Jul 6 with 2081 viewsLibero

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 14:47 - Jul 6 by Darth_Koont

And Jesus wept.

From Cameron promising a referendum to May immediately pushing a hard Brexit and now to Boris and co declaring a No Deal the way to go, the future of the UK has been jeopardised (and millions of the most vulnerable paying for it) purely for Conservative electoral gains.

It's not surprising the hard-core Leavers are in denial and looking anywhere but at the truth.

Pr1cks.

Anyone who voted for brexit or any of those clowns named in your post should feel a level of responsibility.

Yeah, I'm feeling brash and forthright today.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 14:48]
The upcoming Brexit disaster on 15:19 - Jul 6 with 2024 viewsTractorWood

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 14:27 - Jul 6 by Libero

I've such a low tolerance for this rubbish at the moment, especially considering the situation we currently all find ourselves in.

F*ck everyone who voted for brexit.
F*ck everyone who voted for this government.

When I'm fighting a badger for the last scrap of a ryvita, it will comfort me enormously to think I voted for neither and always said both will be a disaster.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 15:23 - Jul 6 with 2019 viewsclive_baker

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 14:17 - Jul 6 by Fixed_It

It's quite a timely pandemic for them in that regard, as in time it'll become almost impossible to reliably quantify and impact of Brexit, such will the car crash of Covid aftermath be.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 15:41 - Jul 6 with 1974 viewseireblue

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 15:23 - Jul 6 by clive_baker

It's quite a timely pandemic for them in that regard, as in time it'll become almost impossible to reliably quantify and impact of Brexit, such will the car crash of Covid aftermath be.

I think it gives Brexit types an out.

But, apparently being in the EU was holding back the UK.

Therefore, a UK outside the”corrupt, red tape covered, eurocratic empire” should respond to Covid-19 better than the EU will.

If the UK does not do particularly well, in comparison, whilst being run by a set of Brexity types, using Covid-19 as a cover does not makes any logical sense. For people that think logic, reasoning and intelligence is sort of important.

Which is why the government will use lots of bluster and nonsense about how well everything is going, even when it isn’t, in order to keep up the charade about the UK’s response to Covid.
The upcoming Brexit disaster on 15:53 - Jul 6 with 1939 viewsclive_baker

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 15:41 - Jul 6 by eireblue

I think it gives Brexit types an out.

But, apparently being in the EU was holding back the UK.

Therefore, a UK outside the”corrupt, red tape covered, eurocratic empire” should respond to Covid-19 better than the EU will.

If the UK does not do particularly well, in comparison, whilst being run by a set of Brexity types, using Covid-19 as a cover does not makes any logical sense. For people that think logic, reasoning and intelligence is sort of important.

Which is why the government will use lots of bluster and nonsense about how well everything is going, even when it isn’t, in order to keep up the charade about the UK’s response to Covid.

I heard someone at the weekend bleating on about the potential benefits to the planet of being out of the EU. Arguing that if the Coronavirus pandemic has taught us nothing else, it's that we need to look at how countries and communities should be encouraged to trade more locally and sustainably. Not an argument I disagree with in principle, but what I take real exception to is I didn't hear him saying that in 2016, it hadn't crossed his mind. I'm pretty sure his angle then was resenting Polish people 'taking our jobs'. Funny how quickly the goalposts can move.

I agree, it gives a massive out which is a bit annoying TBH. I wanted to see these morons own their sh1t. I think the issue is there's another major variable that will just offer a convenient excuse for those that supported Brexit, although you're right in that we should, by their logic, fare up favourably vs the Eurozone what with all our amazing trade deals we have lined up....
[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 15:54]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 16:01 - Jul 6 with 1905 viewsfactual_blue

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 15:53 - Jul 6 by clive_baker

I heard someone at the weekend bleating on about the potential benefits to the planet of being out of the EU. Arguing that if the Coronavirus pandemic has taught us nothing else, it's that we need to look at how countries and communities should be encouraged to trade more locally and sustainably. Not an argument I disagree with in principle, but what I take real exception to is I didn't hear him saying that in 2016, it hadn't crossed his mind. I'm pretty sure his angle then was resenting Polish people 'taking our jobs'. Funny how quickly the goalposts can move.

I agree, it gives a massive out which is a bit annoying TBH. I wanted to see these morons own their sh1t. I think the issue is there's another major variable that will just offer a convenient excuse for those that supported Brexit, although you're right in that we should, by their logic, fare up favourably vs the Eurozone what with all our amazing trade deals we have lined up....
[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 15:54]

If he bothered to look at how the EU actually works, it does a great deal to develop and support regions and local communities.

As the North-East will find out when it stops getting EU funding.

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 16:08 - Jul 6 with 1881 viewsTractorWood

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 16:01 - Jul 6 by factual_blue

If he bothered to look at how the EU actually works, it does a great deal to develop and support regions and local communities.

It has done amazing things for the quality of our beaches and waterways which successive Governments previously failed to address.

Perhaps the people who voted for Brexit want to rid us of unelected bureaucrats. Despite MEPs being elected and also these individuals having seemingly no issue with the monarchy or the house of lords.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 16:09]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 16:15 - Jul 6 with 1838 viewsgordon

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 14:39 - Jul 6 by factual_blue

It's been a massive failure of our media that so many people are still nowhere near realising how utterly, utterly pointless and stupid the whole thing is.
The upcoming Brexit disaster on 16:18 - Jul 6 with 1821 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It was always going to be that those who want to push it will claim the disaster is the fault of not leaving in an extreme enough way rather than admit they were wrong.

There are still those among them claim it will be great but will take 10 or more years of pain (economic disaster and all that means for people's livelihoods is what they actually mean) first.

The vote should never have been held. The person most responsible is Cameron and he is dining off it at an extortionate rate. Farage is the second most responsible with his reprehensible campaign playing to all the stereotypical fears conjured up by our press. Then the media publishing everything fed to them by Farage and co without any checks along with the Russian interference. Regardless of whoever wins out of this, the Brexiteers will shout that the losers are only losing thanks to the remainers.

If only the 44% hadn't elected Johnson on a landslide we would have the perfect opportunity to use Coronavirus and the economic hit as reason for being unable to afford to leave despite the vote but hey-ho it is what it is and I am simply thankful I won't personally be badly hit by it. I will laugh at the Brexiteers I know who own property in Europe and wanted their cake and to eat but I will be sad for those who wanted to experience the benefits but have had them taken away from them.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 16:18 - Jul 6 with 1823 viewsDarth_Koont

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 16:01 - Jul 6 by factual_blue

The EU certainly does a lot more locally and regionally than our own local authority-starving, region-f@cking government will ever do.

Pronouns: He/Him

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 16:20 - Jul 6 with 1816 viewsfooters

Where have all the board's Brexit bovver boys disappeared to of late?

And where's J2 for that matter. Come home, son. We're worried about you.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024