Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? 17:18 - Jul 6 with 3394 viewsbournemouthblue

What are we likely to be asking for Downes

As with previous transfers, it's unlikely to be reinvested sadly, it just covers the losses from the previous season

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 17:23 - Jul 6 with 2894 viewsIllinoisblue

The brains trust at the club will hold out for at least 500k and a preseason friendly

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 17:25 - Jul 6 with 2880 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tough one. If he'd shone in the Championship for another year there's no reason why someone in the PL wouldn't be paying north of £10m for him.

But in L1, after the season we've had where he's not really been given a platform to shine?

I'd more expect a relegated PL team to come in and pay £3-4m for him as a Championship player than any large bids at the moment.

Pure guesswork though (I'm biased obviously, but I'd like to think he still has a substantial 'potential' premium).
[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 17:26]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 17:26 - Jul 6 with 2862 viewsBluefish

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 17:25 - Jul 6 by Swansea_Blue

Tough one. If he'd shone in the Championship for another year there's no reason why someone in the PL wouldn't be paying north of £10m for him.

But in L1, after the season we've had where he's not really been given a platform to shine?

I'd more expect a relegated PL team to come in and pay £3-4m for him as a Championship player than any large bids at the moment.

Pure guesswork though (I'm biased obviously, but I'd like to think he still has a substantial 'potential' premium).
[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 17:26]

I would guess they would offer 3-4 and we would want 8. We will then end up at 3.5 rising to 5

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 17:31 - Jul 6 with 2846 viewsflimflam

I honestly do not think we will sell him this season and if we go up then not next either.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 17:31 - Jul 6 with 2842 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Should be £7-£10m

Won’t be reinvested so it’s really irrelevant, could sell him for a fiver, will just cover pandemic losses.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 17:32 - Jul 6 with 2836 viewstractordownsouth

I reckon we’ll be lucky to get £3m

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 17:33 - Jul 6 with 2834 viewsistanblue

Given the fact it will be Marcus Evans conducting the negotiations, we can expect a top-end deal of £2.5m potentially rising to £3.5m if the buying club win the Premier League and Downes makes over 250 appearances. There will also be the obligatory 10% sell-on clause.
What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 17:49 - Jul 6 with 2778 viewsSwansea_Blue

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 17:32 - Jul 6 by tractordownsouth

I was trying to be optimistic, but I've got a fear that you're probably right. For every year in L1 and every year he gets older his stock drops. I thought he kicked on last season - not sure we've really seen the same jump in level this year to see his stock rise again. Not all his fault of course.

I hope nobody buys him, as I like him and personally would have him down as one of the first names on the team sheet.

Login to get fewer ads

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 17:52 - Jul 6 with 2760 viewsbournemouthblue

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 17:33 - Jul 6 by istanblue

Given the fact it will be Marcus Evans conducting the negotiations, we can expect a top-end deal of £2.5m potentially rising to £3.5m if the buying club win the Premier League and Downes makes over 250 appearances. There will also be the obligatory 10% sell-on clause.

Plus £100k for 100 England appearances

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 17:59 - Jul 6 with 2741 viewsSwansea_Blue

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 17:52 - Jul 6 by bournemouthblue

Plus £100k for 100 England appearances

I thought he was more a Cayman Islands fan?

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 18:07 - Jul 6 with 2713 viewsbournemouthblue

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 17:59 - Jul 6 by Swansea_Blue

I thought he was more a Cayman Islands fan?

Bermuda I think?

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 18:17 - Jul 6 with 2675 viewsAce_High1

Said this last year, we NEVER get big fees for the players we sell when you compare to other clubs.

Typical Ipswich to sell a player like Mings/Webster and then a year or two later they go for 4 x times what we sold them for.

Downes will go for £1.25m + top ups, half of which will never happen (England caps, Palace winning the FA Cup etc etc). So the fee will be incorrectly inflated to appease the fans.
What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 18:19 - Jul 6 with 2666 viewsSwansea_Blue

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 18:07 - Jul 6 by bournemouthblue

Bermuda I think?

My bad. Can't tell one tax haven from the other.

Although I need to point out in the interest of fairness that ME has relocated back to the UK. Whatever that means for his tax status.

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 18:21 - Jul 6 with 2651 viewsclive_baker

6 months ago I would've thought we would want something close to £8m for him. Now I wouldn't be surprised if we have to take a hair cut on that, we're unlikely to be in much of a position to play hard ball. £5m? Something like that I would say.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 18:58 - Jul 6 with 2564 viewssoclopath

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 17:26 - Jul 6 by Bluefish

I would guess they would offer 3-4 and we would want 8. We will then end up at 3.5 rising to 5

If there was anyone with any common sense at P.R. We would loan him to a championship club for the season ,see how he performs aand at the end of season see what offers come in.
What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 19:58 - Jul 6 with 2469 viewsBlueBadger

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 17:32 - Jul 6 by tractordownsouth

In the current climate, I rather feat half that is going to be good going, unless Derby get interested,

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 20:15 - Jul 6 with 2447 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Reckon it’ll be 5ish million with a couple of loan players thrown in.
What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 20:17 - Jul 6 with 2432 viewsPrideOfTheEast

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 17:33 - Jul 6 by istanblue

Not sure he’s got particularly bad deals for players.

Webster is probably one I think could have got significantly more for but the total received for that deal after sell on etc was still pretty good. He should have sold Bart long before.

Would say Wickham, Mings, Creswell and Waghorn were pretty good.
What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 20:21 - Jul 6 with 2406 viewsBluefish

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 18:58 - Jul 6 by soclopath

If there was anyone with any common sense at P.R. We would loan him to a championship club for the season ,see how he performs aand at the end of season see what offers come in.

Depends on the offer on the table but yes potentially that is a good gamble. Mings would have been less than 15, possibly less than 10 pre loan to villa. He then went for 30. Other players see their value go yhrough the roof after a year playing well at a step up

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 20:22 - Jul 6 with 2407 viewsHorseboy

This
What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 20:45 - Jul 6 with 2348 viewsSwansea_Blue

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 18:58 - Jul 6 by soclopath

If there was anyone with any sense, we'd start to build a team around the likes of him, Woolf and KVY, tell anyone who came sniffing to bog off and try to get back into the Championship ourselves.

And maybe that will happen. ME in fairness to him has rebuffed offers and backed managers when they've wanted to hold on to players.

Although in typical fashion, often at the wrong time (e.g. hold on to an injured Didz and release him just before he's ready to go a full season).

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 21:41 - Jul 6 with 2260 viewsfabian_illness

It will be that old favourite for ITFC, 'Undisclosed fee'.
What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 11:18 - Jul 7 with 1981 viewsTractorWood

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 20:17 - Jul 6 by PrideOfTheEast

Not sure he’s got particularly bad deals for players.

Webster is probably one I think could have got significantly more for but the total received for that deal after sell on etc was still pretty good. He should have sold Bart long before.

Would say Wickham, Mings, Creswell and Waghorn were pretty good.

We got robbed for Creswell. £3.75m with a few clauses.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 11:24 - Jul 7 with 1964 viewsitfcjoe

Got to be at least £5m for him, any less than that and we are being mugged

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 11:26 - Jul 7 with 1960 viewsitfcjoe

What kind of valuation are Town likely to place on Downes? on 11:18 - Jul 7 by TractorWood

We got robbed for Creswell. £3.75m with a few clauses.

And no one was interested in him at that price, he was due to go to Championship Fulham before Mick talked Big Sam into taking him to West Ham in the PL.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024