Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Garner 22:34 - Jul 6 with 4333 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Go get him back off broke Wigan! Kieffer Moore will still command decent fee. Joe Garner should be very cheap or free. Ideal L1 player. Loves a physical scrap. Him and Norwood would be such a handful and pest for oppositions. He scored over 50 goals in last two seasons in L1 as well. At 32 he's got plenty left for a season to get us up and back up for next year.

I know it won't happen. I think he wants to be up north. I know he wasn't universally popular but that was a nail in hursts coffin. After Waghorn went he should never have let Garner go. We need a few more in your face players who can fight out wins when its tough.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Joe Garner on 22:37 - Jul 6 with 3238 viewsBlueBadger

Lambo won't go for him because Mick signed him. Gotta keep faith with the numbskulls and stop reminding the rest that he's not fit to clean the great man's boots.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Joe Garner on 22:45 - Jul 6 with 3189 viewsBluefish

Joe Garner on 22:37 - Jul 6 by BlueBadger

Lambo won't go for him because Mick signed him. Gotta keep faith with the numbskulls and stop reminding the rest that he's not fit to clean the great man's boots.

Are you suggesting we have fans/posters that obsess so much that they would rather hate Mick signings than support the team?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Joe Garner on 22:49 - Jul 6 with 3173 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Not sure Lambert would have an issue signing a Mick man. I imagine Lambert's only beef would be with the muppet who sold all those players! You are right though it won't happen.

Got me making the mistake of remembering the squad Mick had left compared to what it was a few months later. Jesus. Just in terms of perms (before likes of Celina etc) we lost Waghorn, Garner, Webster, McGoldrick, Knudson (effectively), Bru (probo the only one that wasn't a horrific mistake).

Joe Garner on 22:51 - Jul 6 with 3162 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Joe Garner on 22:45 - Jul 6 by Bluefish

Are you suggesting we have fans/posters that obsess so much that they would rather hate Mick signings than support the team?

Oh god. The dream team are here. Worse i basically agree with this bit. Let's quit while we are ahead haha.

You can't use the obsess card! Even if that's accurate in this case! 😂
[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 22:52]

Joe Garner on 22:58 - Jul 6 with 3126 viewsLankHenners

Joe Garner on 22:49 - Jul 6 by Terry_Nutkins

Not sure Lambert would have an issue signing a Mick man. I imagine Lambert's only beef would be with the muppet who sold all those players! You are right though it won't happen.

Got me making the mistake of remembering the squad Mick had left compared to what it was a few months later. Jesus. Just in terms of perms (before likes of Celina etc) we lost Waghorn, Garner, Webster, McGoldrick, Knudson (effectively), Bru (probo the only one that wasn't a horrific mistake).

It's been suggested this week by those in the know (including Phil) that Lambert passed on the opportunities to sign Murphy and Smith because he didn't want to sign a previous manager's men.

Lambert even said publicly he wasn't interested in signing Smith as he didn't want to 'go backwards' (the irony).

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Joe Garner on 23:07 - Jul 6 with 3082 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Joe Garner on 22:58 - Jul 6 by LankHenners

It's been suggested this week by those in the know (including Phil) that Lambert passed on the opportunities to sign Murphy and Smith because he didn't want to sign a previous manager's men.

Lambert even said publicly he wasn't interested in signing Smith as he didn't want to 'go backwards' (the irony).

True. Fair point. We don't know the reasons i guess but it is quite possible.

Murphy was old and i think Keane primary target. In fairness he's opened the place up for Tommy to come back and train. I think he probably didn't show enough to tempt Lambert.

I think you're probo both right though that there would be an element of naturally wanting to go in new direction.

Joe Garner on 23:08 - Jul 6 with 3090 viewsPhilTWTD

As you say, Garner wanted to go back up to the North-West, he has children up there. There were no plans to sell him that deadline day until Wigan offered £1.25m, which was seen as too good an offer to turn down for a player who cost half that a year earlier.
Joe Garner on 23:08 - Jul 6 with 3072 viewsBlueBadger

Joe Garner on 23:07 - Jul 6 by Terry_Nutkins

Murphy was old and i think Keane primary target. In fairness he's opened the place up for Tommy to come back and train. I think he probably didn't show enough to tempt Lambert.

I think you're probo both right though that there would be an element of naturally wanting to go in new direction.

I think the main reason he hasn't signed them is because he's not a very good football manager. We had Smith training here and on a plate for us. You can't seriously tell me he was a worse option than Nsiala and Wilson?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Garner on 23:09 - Jul 6 with 3066 viewsClapham_Junction

I found Garner an incredibly frustrating player to watch. So often he wouldn't jump to contest a ball in the air, instead preferring to throw himself to the floor to try and get a free-kick.
Joe Garner on 23:28 - Jul 6 with 3008 viewsParisBlue

Joe Garner on 23:09 - Jul 6 by Clapham_Junction

I found Garner an incredibly frustrating player to watch. So often he wouldn't jump to contest a ball in the air, instead preferring to throw himself to the floor to try and get a free-kick.

10 goals in 29 starts (+3 sub) at a level above where we are now.

Effective and if fit would would be way too good for this division.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Joe Garner on 23:43 - Jul 6 with 2964 viewsBlueBadger

Joe Garner on 23:28 - Jul 6 by ParisBlue

10 goals in 29 starts (+3 sub) at a level above where we are now.

Effective and if fit would would be way too good for this division.

Yes, but remember who bought him...

Joe Garner on 00:18 - Jul 7 with 2921 viewsStNeotsBlue

Or perhaps, as Phil has pointed out, Garner wanted to be back in the NW where his kids are and the fact he was a MMc signing isn't an issue for anyone other than a few strange MMc obsessed types.

Edit: I'd have Smith back in a heartbeat and if Lambert's reluctance to sign him is due to him having previous at Town then he is a fool.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 0:33]
Joe Garner on 06:40 - Jul 7 with 2726 viewsWickets

I love the last line ! And under PL he might get the support he needs when he was here before we had a manager who was content to sit back instead of playing on the front foot and supporting good players such as Garner ,Waghorn and Pitman .
Joe Garner on 07:56 - Jul 7 with 2595 viewsITFC_Forever

Joe Garner on 00:18 - Jul 7 by StNeotsBlue

Or perhaps, as Phil has pointed out, Garner wanted to be back in the NW where his kids are and the fact he was a MMc signing isn't an issue for anyone other than a few strange MMc obsessed types.

Edit: I'd have Smith back in a heartbeat and if Lambert's reluctance to sign him is due to him having previous at Town then he is a fool.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 0:33]

Lambert is a fool? Who knew....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Joe Garner on 08:08 - Jul 7 with 2556 viewshomer_123

Joe Garner on 23:08 - Jul 6 by BlueBadger

I think the main reason he hasn't signed them is because he's not a very good football manager. We had Smith training here and on a plate for us. You can't seriously tell me he was a worse option than Nsiala and Wilson?

I'm not seriously telling you Smith was a worse option that Nsiala and Wilson.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Joe Garner on 08:42 - Jul 7 with 2476 viewsGarv

I think with Norwood already in the building I don't see Garner being a huge benefit.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Joe Garner on 09:06 - Jul 7 with 2403 viewsWickets

Joe Garner on 08:42 - Jul 7 by Garv

I think with Norwood already in the building I don't see Garner being a huge benefit.

Well its just a bit of lockdown chat ,he's not coming here again is he ? Would have been ok seeing those two together up front not too many defenders would enjoy a trip to Portman rd against those two me thinks .
Joe Garner on 09:11 - Jul 7 with 2390 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If he genuinely moved back up north for 'personal reasons' then he won't be coming back to Suffolk.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 9:13]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Joe Garner on 09:18 - Jul 7 with 2366 viewsPhilTWTD

Joe Garner on 23:07 - Jul 6 by Terry_Nutkins

Smith was training with the U23s, was Gerard Nash and Chris Hogg who said he could join them when he asked, wasn't with the first-team squad.
Joe Garner on 09:35 - Jul 7 with 2312 viewsWickets

Joe Garner on 09:18 - Jul 7 by PhilTWTD

Smith was training with the U23s, was Gerard Nash and Chris Hogg who said he could join them when he asked, wasn't with the first-team squad.

Fine but as he signed a short term deal with Sunderland if PL thought he could do a job for us and if he had the finance to offer Tommy something you would have thought he would have gone for it . I think you said that our manager just did not fancy bringing back previous managers players . I dont know if Tommy is now good enough for L 1 now but we are short as we where then , of left sided defenders . It would be great to think PL has it covered .
Joe Garner on 09:41 - Jul 7 with 2297 viewsPhilTWTD

Joe Garner on 09:35 - Jul 7 by Wickets

Fine but as he signed a short term deal with Sunderland if PL thought he could do a job for us and if he had the finance to offer Tommy something you would have thought he would have gone for it . I think you said that our manager just did not fancy bringing back previous managers players . I dont know if Tommy is now good enough for L 1 now but we are short as we where then , of left sided defenders . It would be great to think PL has it covered .

I'm sure TS would be more than adequate in this division but don't see PL signing him. Re centre-halves, Corrie Ndaba really needs to start making his mark in the upcoming pre-season.
Joe Garner on 09:46 - Jul 7 with 2276 viewsLibero

Joe Garner on 09:41 - Jul 7 by PhilTWTD

I'm sure TS would be more than adequate in this division but don't see PL signing him. Re centre-halves, Corrie Ndaba really needs to start making his mark in the upcoming pre-season.

FOPRP.
Joe Garner on 10:15 - Jul 7 with 2229 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Joe Garner on 09:18 - Jul 7 by PhilTWTD

Ah ok. Good info. Surely Lambert has to ok it though! Do you think he wouldn't take a look or ask a question though. Would seem odd not to have an interest.

I've said before though there is a lot of love for Tommy Smith and i share that. I never thought he was a great CB though. On about a par with Wilson maybe.

Murph was probably the old boy i would have had back but i get that maybe his age was a turn off with Keane available.

Joe Garner on 10:19 - Jul 7 with 2218 viewsBluefish

Joe Garner on 10:15 - Jul 7 by Terry_Nutkins

Ah ok. Good info. Surely Lambert has to ok it though! Do you think he wouldn't take a look or ask a question though. Would seem odd not to have an interest.

I've said before though there is a lot of love for Tommy Smith and i share that. I never thought he was a great CB though. On about a par with Wilson maybe.

Murph was probably the old boy i would have had back but i get that maybe his age was a turn off with Keane available.

On a par with Wilson? That is brutal! I agree he is remembered as being better than he really was but there was no need to go that far, Wilson is abysmal

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Joe Garner on 10:44 - Jul 7 with 2168 viewshadleighboyblue

Joe Garner on 09:11 - Jul 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

If he genuinely moved back up north for 'personal reasons' then he won't be coming back to Suffolk.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 9:13]

Agreed , he won't come back here .

To be fair , we got a decent amount for him and if he was unsettled , a move made sense .

He was too busy falling over and fighting his own battles with the ref or opposition to be a vital team player
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024