Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. 08:06 - Jul 7 with 1365 viewshomer_123

Would this be the same care homes who were forced into taking patients from hospitals who had Covid-19 but were not told they were infected?

Are these the same care homes where testing never happened?

The same care homes where people working on minimum wage were expected to still care for the elderly etc. without proper protective gear?

Kafka'esq situation where the Gov set the rules, doesn't like the outcome and then deny they ever set the rules and blame others.

I get no one knew with certainty the absolute bang on right approach but it is patently clear we got this wrong. Instead of fessing up and acknowledging this - Boris comes out with those comments.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 8:08]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 08:23 - Jul 7 with 1319 viewsartsbossbeard

There's a detailed article including timelines on the FullFact site for those who still think the sun shines out of Bojo's arris.

https://fullfact.org/health/coronavirus-care-homes-discharge/

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 08:26 - Jul 7 with 1312 viewsHerbivore

Stuff like this is going to come back and bite him on the arse. Even the sycophants are struggling to justify this one.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 08:29 - Jul 7 with 1303 viewsartsbossbeard

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 08:26 - Jul 7 by Herbivore

Stuff like this is going to come back and bite him on the arse. Even the sycophants are struggling to justify this one.

There's still plenty of support because "care homes are a money making machine paying sh1t wages and maximising profits, therefore it's their fault"*

*Tory dream that, surely?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 08:32 - Jul 7 with 1294 viewsgordon

I do love Alok Sharma's strategy for dealing with questions, he's been the surprise hit of the pandemic.

'I actually think that I'll just decide what the question should be myself and talk about that for a bit.'

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 08:34 - Jul 7 with 1286 viewsitfcjoe

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 08:23 - Jul 7 by artsbossbeard

There's a detailed article including timelines on the FullFact site for those who still think the sun shines out of Bojo's arris.

https://fullfact.org/health/coronavirus-care-homes-discharge/

Well the MSM would say that, I prefer to get my news from more honest sources

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 08:46 - Jul 7 with 1239 viewslinhdi

My mum is in a care home oop north. They closed to all visitors in early March, weeks before govt told care homes to do so. They got lucky - one inmate was sent back from hospital with flu - type symptoms, not tested, and either didn't have Covid or the way they isolated him worked. Staff went into weekly sleep-in rotas to minimise external contact Even post was held 72 hours before being delivered. Testing was not available to staff until May, and even then it needed a 60-mile round trip by car. PPE was near-zero for the first month as management were unable to source much - it was fine by May, as they found people able to supply (obvs, zero from UK govt).
Johnson is at best a disgusting liar. Given other similar countries have managed their care home fatalities to a tiny fraction of UK's, his govt is at best negligent. There are other words for it.

My mum remains well.
So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 08:48 - Jul 7 with 1230 viewsSteve_M

Trumpian. An utter refusal to take responsibility for the government's failures and then they send Alok Sharma out this morning to lie about what Johnson actually said yesterday - to paraphrase his Today interview just now "what the PM meant is that there were no established procedures at the time".

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 08:54 - Jul 7 with 1202 viewsGlasgowBlue

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 08:48 - Jul 7 by Steve_M

Trumpian. An utter refusal to take responsibility for the government's failures and then they send Alok Sharma out this morning to lie about what Johnson actually said yesterday - to paraphrase his Today interview just now "what the PM meant is that there were no established procedures at the time".

We’re getting to the stage where it’s time for a visit from the men in grey suits.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 08:58 - Jul 7 with 1191 viewsPinewoodblue

There is probably an ounce of truth in what Boris has said but the contribution it made to the overall situation is insignificant.

He should distance himself from the misinformation being generated by those with plenty to hide.

Over the next 12 months Public Health England will quietly be broken up. Suspect that is where Most of the blame lies. Care homes were sacrificed to protect theNHS. Hancock was responsible both so needs to step down, along with a significant number of advisors who haven’t covered themselves in glory.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 08:58 - Jul 7 with 1187 viewsSwansea_Blue

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 08:48 - Jul 7 by Steve_M

Whenever they need someone to defend something so indefensible that even the likes of Hancock won’t touch it, it’s always Alok Sharma. Must be in his job description.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 09:02 - Jul 7 with 1176 viewsSteve_M

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 08:58 - Jul 7 by Swansea_Blue

Whenever they need someone to defend something so indefensible that even the likes of Hancock won’t touch it, it’s always Alok Sharma. Must be in his job description.

He did the same throughout the election campaign last year.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 09:36 - Jul 7 with 1121 viewscbower

It is also the supporters of Johnson that are Trumpian. It simply doesn't matter to them what he says or does, they have bought into his so-called personality. Policy, outcome and moral grounding are irrelevant.

bluescouser

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 09:37 - Jul 7 with 1119 viewsBlueBadger

The follow up to that is 'isn't it his job to ensure that there are procedures in place?'

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 09:40 - Jul 7 with 1110 viewsLibero

F*ck this government and f*ck any one who voted for them.
So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 09:54 - Jul 7 with 1088 viewsfactual_blue

Surely if there were any that didn't, they were just following their instincts?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 09:55 - Jul 7 with 1086 viewsBlueBadger

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 09:36 - Jul 7 by cbower

It is also the supporters of Johnson that are Trumpian. It simply doesn't matter to them what he says or does, they have bought into his so-called personality. Policy, outcome and moral grounding are irrelevant.

There's one on my social media who's a mate of my mum's.
Example in point: I spent half an hour carefully explaining exactly how a hard Brexit *would* affect my job and how it's already hurt it.

She agreed with every word, clicked the 'like' button and then said 'yes, but we'll have our country back'.

The question 'back from who or where?' never received an answer.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 10:07 - Jul 7 with 1067 viewsmikeybloo88

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 09:40 - Jul 7 by Libero

F*ck this government and f*ck any one who voted for them.

...and f*ck those who couldn't muster one credible alternative
So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 10:10 - Jul 7 with 1064 viewsLibero

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 10:07 - Jul 7 by mikeybloo88

...and f*ck those who couldn't muster one credible alternative

F*ck anyone who used that as an excuse to vote for a known liar and racist.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 10:10]
So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 10:13 - Jul 7 with 1038 viewsBrianTablet

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1549502618554612

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 10:13 - Jul 7 with 1028 viewsmikeybloo88

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 10:10 - Jul 7 by Libero

F*ck anyone who used that as an excuse to vote for a known liar and racist.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 10:10]

Not saying I voted for them, just highlighting why they happened...and don't forget f*ck those who voted leave as that opened the door for the liar and racist to step through.
So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 10:13 - Jul 7 with 1038 viewsBasuco

There appears to be a big "it wasn't my fault" trump type blame shift from the government, two things I know for a fact are that care homes in my area were hiding the Covid deaths from undertakers, my wife deals with undertakers who told her this and agency staff were used in care homes untested and no background test's. My Mum's care home had no testing until around 10th June, this needed specific written permission from me before they could do any test. This was far too late to protect staff or residence, but like linhdi below, Mum's care home locked down early March and when they heard the advice from WHO that PPE needed to be obtained in large supply, they started ordering end of Jan and early Feb to ensure a good stock. This was the early advice the Government ignored so ran short of PPE. They also did not use any agency staff, apparently it was tough on those at working at times but all were kept safe and well, so far.
So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 10:29 - Jul 7 with 1002 viewsLibero

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 10:13 - Jul 7 by mikeybloo88

Not saying I voted for them, just highlighting why they happened...and don't forget f*ck those who voted leave as that opened the door for the liar and racist to step through.

I'm not saying you did mate, apologies if that's how it read.

Yep, massive f*ck you to everyone who voted leave.

£350 million to the NHS...
So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 10:46 - Jul 7 with 963 viewsBlueBadger

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 08:58 - Jul 7 by Pinewoodblue

There is probably an ounce of truth in what Boris has said but the contribution it made to the overall situation is insignificant.

He should distance himself from the misinformation being generated by those with plenty to hide.

Over the next 12 months Public Health England will quietly be broken up. Suspect that is where Most of the blame lies. Care homes were sacrificed to protect theNHS. Hancock was responsible both so needs to step down, along with a significant number of advisors who haven’t covered themselves in glory.

It's been obvious for weeks now that Hancock has been set up as the fall guy. Sure he deserves to lose his job, but so does his boss who was ultimately taking the final say on national policy.

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 11:22 - Jul 7 with 925 viewsHerbivore

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 08:58 - Jul 7 by Swansea_Blue

It always used to be James Cleverley. It's reminiscent of the tactics employed by the military in the South Park movie.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 11:29 - Jul 7 with 916 viewsRyorry

So Boris thinks that not enough care homes followed the guidance. on 08:32 - Jul 7 by gordon

I do love Alok Sharma's strategy for dealing with questions, he's been the surprise hit of the pandemic.

'I actually think that I'll just decide what the question should be myself and talk about that for a bit.'

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024