Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? 13:38 - Jul 7 with 5267 viewsjeera

If this poll is representative anyway:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/jul/07/almost-one-in-six-britons-say-woul

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 13:42 - Jul 7 with 2530 viewsfactual_blue

Could easily be as high as 52%.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 13:56 - Jul 7 with 2476 viewsSwansea_Blue

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 13:42 - Jul 7 by factual_blue

Could easily be as high as 52%.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:05 - Jul 7 with 2465 viewshampstead_blue

Fair enough.
If they don't want to take a vaccine then so be it.

There is the ethical dilemma of what to do if they catch C19 and spread it far and wide.....
Do we take Kenny Everet's lead?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:06 - Jul 7 with 2471 viewsBloomBlue

The human race has survived many pandemic viruses over the last 200,000 years without vaccines the human body has built up immunity naturally against them, it's up to the individual if they want to go down that road or the vaccine one
As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:07 - Jul 7 with 2446 viewsDarth_Koont

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:06 - Jul 7 by BloomBlue

The human race has survived many pandemic viruses over the last 200,000 years without vaccines the human body has built up immunity naturally against them, it's up to the individual if they want to go down that road or the vaccine one

Pronouns: He/Him

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:08 - Jul 7 with 2458 viewsBlueBadger

Ah, one of Darwin's Sixteen Percent approaches.

'Life was better when thousands of children died from now-easily preventable diseases', eh?
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 14:09]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:11 - Jul 7 with 2435 viewsBloomBlue

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:08 - Jul 7 by BlueBadger

Ah, one of Darwin's Sixteen Percent approaches.

'Life was better when thousands of children died from now-easily preventable diseases', eh?
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 14:09]

Nope it wasn't better but it should be the individuals choice if they want the vaccine.
As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:12 - Jul 7 with 2425 viewsStokieBlue

It's not a decision that made in isolation that doesn't effect others. It puts a burden on the health service if they contract it and stops other vital services being offered.

It's an inherently selfish decision made based on a poor understanding of science and the belief that someone else will solve their problems for them by everyone else taking it.

For instance, how can one be "anti" anything that hasn't yet been invented? All arguments are based on other vaccines or incidents which is fallacious at best, dishonest at worst.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:12 - Jul 7 with 2428 viewssparks

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:11 - Jul 7 by BloomBlue

Nope it wasn't better but it should be the individuals choice if they want the vaccine.

Even if their choice could significantly impact on others?

Its not that simple is it?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:12 - Jul 7 with 2430 viewsBlueBadger

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:11 - Jul 7 by BloomBlue

Sure. And then we can keep going into lockdown until enough people have died of an easily preventable disease to achieve 'immunity'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:16 - Jul 7 with 2410 viewsBlueBadger

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:12 - Jul 7 by sparks

The trouble with selfish conts like this is that they never think about how their actions affect anybody beyond their immediate circle.

See also: voting Conservative.

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:19 - Jul 7 with 2393 viewsjeera

Good grief.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:20 - Jul 7 with 2392 viewsBloomBlue

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:12 - Jul 7 by sparks

No but maybe people like me who saw the results of Thalidomide are naturally skeptical of a vaccine, drug that hasn't had years of testing
As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:22 - Jul 7 with 2375 viewsDarth_Koont

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:20 - Jul 7 by BloomBlue

No but maybe people like me who saw the results of Thalidomide are naturally skeptical of a vaccine, drug that hasn't had years of testing

You don't think the vaccine will be tested?

Also vaccinations don't work like Thalidomide.

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:22 - Jul 7 with 2379 viewssparks

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:16 - Jul 7 by BlueBadger

The trouble with selfish conts like this is that they never think about how their actions affect anybody beyond their immediate circle.

See also: voting Conservative.

It is not a straightforward issue. As a matter of personal liberty, one really ought to have autonomy over one's body.

But perhaps those who choose not to be vaccinated should be subject to certain limitations- regular testing, having to wear a mask, or have an app to alert people nearby...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:22 - Jul 7 with 2378 viewsSpruceMoose

So many of the world's current problems are a result of this short sighted 'individual' over 'communal' outlook.

The problem with it being, as you so artfully approved, stray individuals are often selfish and clueless prats and make decisions that harm the whole over the long term.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:28 - Jul 7 with 2351 viewsSpruceMoose

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:22 - Jul 7 by sparks

It is not a straightforward issue. As a matter of personal liberty, one really ought to have autonomy over one's body.

But perhaps those who choose not to be vaccinated should be subject to certain limitations- regular testing, having to wear a mask, or have an app to alert people nearby...

Any COVID related care they eventually and inevitably receive should be paid for out of their own pocket if they refuse the vaccine. I don't want to see the NHS and the tax payer have to foot the bill for the care people that could have quickly and easily avoided catching it. The same goes for those who continually and persistently want to flaunt social distancing guidelines.

If you're going to stick your fingers up at the fellow members of your community, you should have no right to expect them to catch you when you fall.

To be honest, I wouldn't even lose much sleep if we just said 'whoops, no care for you at all' to these people, actions have consequences after all, but I know that I'd definitely be in the minority on that one.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:29 - Jul 7 with 2343 viewsBloomBlue

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:22 - Jul 7 by Darth_Koont

You don't think the vaccine will be tested?

Also vaccinations don't work like Thalidomide.

You don't think Thalidomide was tested?

I'm purely saying it should be a choice of the individual not enforced on the individual.
As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:30 - Jul 7 with 2338 viewsBlueBadger

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:22 - Jul 7 by sparks

Fair enough. Next big wave we have, anyone unable or unwilling to get a jab gets to go into isolation for the duration.
No jab? No pub, football or haircuts for you and no playing out or school for your kids.

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:32 - Jul 7 with 2331 viewsLibero

FFS, what are you even trying to say?
As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:33 - Jul 7 with 2326 viewsDarth_Koont

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:29 - Jul 7 by BloomBlue

You don't think Thalidomide was tested?

I'm purely saying it should be a choice of the individual not enforced on the individual.

Not well enough, which is one of the main reasons why current testing is more stringent.

But the key aspect is that a vaccine doesn't work like Thalidomide - the side effects are the disease.

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:34 - Jul 7 with 2324 viewsSpruceMoose

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:32 - Jul 7 by Libero

FFS, what are you even trying to say?

I think the road he's talking about is the road to heaven, or more likely as a persistent Conservative voter, the road to hell.

Good luck Bloom. You'll need it.

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:34 - Jul 7 with 2322 viewsLibero

I don't know what's wrong with me over the last couple of days but I can't let stupid people saying stupid things on here go.

You're talking complete and utter sh1te, dangerous sh1te at that. Stupid, stupid man.
As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:36 - Jul 7 with 2315 viewsLibero

As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:30 - Jul 7 by BlueBadger

Fair enough. Next big wave we have, anyone unable or unwilling to get a jab gets to go into isolation for the duration.
No jab? No pub, football or haircuts for you and no playing out or school for your kids.

Urgh, the idea that someone can hold such deeply selfish, stupid and irresponsible views and be a Father boils my f*cking piss.
As many as a 6th say no to C-19 vaccination? on 14:36 - Jul 7 with 2319 viewsBlueBadger

The active ingredient of a vaccine is the denatured, weakened or nature-identical variant of the disease in question. Everything else in it is the suspension to keep it safe. Active ingredient aside, they're pretty uniform in composition and, as we all know as near-perfectly safe as you're going to get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024