Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Odd thing for the club to tweet 18:31 - Jul 7 with 1913 viewsBluefish

[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 18:53]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Odd thing for the ckub to tweet on 18:39 - Jul 7 with 1849 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hardly. Club website blowing smoke up it's own owner's butt. Perfectly normal I'd say.

Thank god for ME eh? Otherwise we could have gone bust. Or, more likely, given that no Championship clubs have gone out of business, may not have gone on our worst run ever and dropped to our lowest position in over 60 years.

I understand the economic argument, and recognize he's put an awful lot in for no thanks, but he's not the only owner in football. He is however the owner who's ruined us.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 18:42]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Odd thing for the club to tweet on 19:25 - Jul 7 with 1576 viewsArnieM

What the hell is odd about the truth?
Without Evans money Town would have been long gone as a going concern 15 years ago.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Odd thing for the club to tweet on 08:10 - Jul 8 with 1101 viewsHerbivore

Odd thing for the club to tweet on 19:25 - Jul 7 by ArnieM

What the hell is odd about the truth?
Without Evans money Town would have been long gone as a going concern 15 years ago.

Do you think so? As Swansea has pointed out, no Championship side has ever just gone bust and ceased to exist. I doubt we'd have been the first and only one. That said, hindsight is a wonderful thing and at the time he was willing to throw some pretty serious money at us whilst not wanting to try to manage the team himself ftpm afar. Seemed decent at the time and none of us was complaining much when he took over. Sadly a series of poor managerial decisions and the football landscape changing has scuppered his time here and if he has learnt anything he's learnt it too late.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Odd thing for the club to tweet on 08:57 - Jul 8 with 1012 viewsBluefish

Odd thing for the club to tweet on 08:10 - Jul 8 by Herbivore

Do you think so? As Swansea has pointed out, no Championship side has ever just gone bust and ceased to exist. I doubt we'd have been the first and only one. That said, hindsight is a wonderful thing and at the time he was willing to throw some pretty serious money at us whilst not wanting to try to manage the team himself ftpm afar. Seemed decent at the time and none of us was complaining much when he took over. Sadly a series of poor managerial decisions and the football landscape changing has scuppered his time here and if he has learnt anything he's learnt it too late.

Bury were a championship club once upon a time. Others such as Luton, Coventry or Bradford used to be top flight. The list goes on of clubs that ended up worse than us.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Odd thing for the club to tweet on 08:59 - Jul 8 with 1007 viewsHerbivore

Odd thing for the club to tweet on 08:57 - Jul 8 by Bluefish

Bury were a championship club once upon a time. Others such as Luton, Coventry or Bradford used to be top flight. The list goes on of clubs that ended up worse than us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Odd thing for the club to tweet on 09:48 - Jul 8 with 907 viewsFrankfurtBlue

The truth of the matter is, Matt Holland doesn't know, and nor does anyone else, how the club might look now if ME hadn't taken control. We can all speculate.

One thing is crystal clear though. Despite all his money, ME has presided over decisions that have lead ITFC to its worst position since 1953.

Thanking him that we aren't worse off beggars belief.
Odd thing for the club to tweet on 10:12 - Jul 8 with 856 viewsMeadowlark

Odd thing for the club to tweet on 09:48 - Jul 8 by FrankfurtBlue

The truth of the matter is, Matt Holland doesn't know, and nor does anyone else, how the club might look now if ME hadn't taken control. We can all speculate.

One thing is crystal clear though. Despite all his money, ME has presided over decisions that have lead ITFC to its worst position since 1953.

Thanking him that we aren't worse off beggars belief.

I'm not a fan of Evans. I was one of the few (?) who did not see him as the Messiah when he took over, but the problem is, everyone criticises his decisions but doesn't come up with any meaningful alternatives.
His absentee leadership style is not great, and that could be improved, but apart from that what should he have done differently?
Left and taken his money with him?
Put more money in? He tried that.
Kept McCarthy?
Sacked McCarthy earlier?
Not appointed Hurst?
Not appointed Lambert?
Sacked Lambert?
Everyone has an opinion of what he could have done differently, but would any of those things brought about the change in fortune we all desire?
Or has he (we) just been unlucky?
I appreciate this is a football forum so of course everyone has a point of view but does anyone have a definite thing that Evans could do or should have done that would or will make things right?

No. I thought not.
Odd thing for the club to tweet on 10:32 - Jul 8 with 815 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Odd thing for the club to tweet on 10:12 - Jul 8 by Meadowlark

I'm not a fan of Evans. I was one of the few (?) who did not see him as the Messiah when he took over, but the problem is, everyone criticises his decisions but doesn't come up with any meaningful alternatives.
His absentee leadership style is not great, and that could be improved, but apart from that what should he have done differently?
Left and taken his money with him?
Put more money in? He tried that.
Kept McCarthy?
Sacked McCarthy earlier?
Not appointed Hurst?
Not appointed Lambert?
Sacked Lambert?
Everyone has an opinion of what he could have done differently, but would any of those things brought about the change in fortune we all desire?
Or has he (we) just been unlucky?
I appreciate this is a football forum so of course everyone has a point of view but does anyone have a definite thing that Evans could do or should have done that would or will make things right?

No. I thought not.

Many things that were questionable at the time, and still haven't been put right. What about appointing an experienced CEO and an experienced DoF? Clegg? But let's not learn from that, and appoint Milne/Symonds. But let's not learn from that, and have no dedicated experienced CEO. Lee O'Neill might be a nice chap and has Ipswich in his blood, but he is not an experienced DoF.
Login to get fewer ads

Odd thing for the ckub to tweet on 10:38 - Jul 8 with 794 viewsKieran_Knows

Odd thing for the ckub to tweet on 18:39 - Jul 7 by Swansea_Blue

Hardly. Club website blowing smoke up it's own owner's butt. Perfectly normal I'd say.

Thank god for ME eh? Otherwise we could have gone bust. Or, more likely, given that no Championship clubs have gone out of business, may not have gone on our worst run ever and dropped to our lowest position in over 60 years.

I understand the economic argument, and recognize he's put an awful lot in for no thanks, but he's not the only owner in football. He is however the owner who's ruined us.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 18:42]

Someone said on twitter the other day that we shouldn't moan about Evans because he renewed Woolfenden's contract. God help us.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Odd thing for the club to tweet on 10:39 - Jul 8 with 793 viewsCoco

Top man and player is Matt Holland and it is easy to understand why he was club captain everywhere he played.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Odd thing for the club to tweet on 10:52 - Jul 8 with 752 viewsBLUEBEAT

Nicely timed with https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2020/july/marcus-evans-and-ipswich-season-ticket-com

Poll: W or W

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024