Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay 19:27 - Jul 7 with 2493 viewsGlasgowBlue

For the replica red 1981 3rd kit?

Was it you Joe?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 20:47 - Jul 7 with 2352 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I was watching this and can't believe it went for over £100. My max would have been 50.

Very nice shirt, the first time we wore it was at Luton in 1982 in an FA Cup tie. I wouldn't mind our new away kit to be similar.

It was replaced by a red and black striped number in 84 which was also fantastic.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 20:52 - Jul 7 with 2336 viewsGlasgowBlue

Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 20:47 - Jul 7 by The_Last_Baron

I was watching this and can't believe it went for over £100. My max would have been 50.

Very nice shirt, the first time we wore it was at Luton in 1982 in an FA Cup tie. I wouldn't mind our new away kit to be similar.

It was replaced by a red and black striped number in 84 which was also fantastic.

I've been watching it for a week and it was floating around £22. It reached £36 with 30 minutes to go so I thought I'd put a bid in for £60 with a minute to go, expecting to get it for £40-50.

When that failed I whacked in a £100 bid with just seconds remaining, not expecting it to get anywhere near that amount. Couldn't believe it when it went for £100.03.

Not an original but a lovely faithful copy and I've not see one of those red one in all the time I've been collecting Ipswich shirts.

Got a couple of lovely replicas coming from Thailand in the next month or so. Tracking shows them still at the airport.

Iron Lion Zion

Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 21:19 - Jul 7 with 2227 viewsPJH

Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 20:47 - Jul 7 by The_Last_Baron

One of those worn at Luton had vast amounts of Terry Butcher's blood on it.
Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 21:45 - Jul 7 with 2136 viewsSeablu

Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 20:52 - Jul 7 by GlasgowBlue

I've been watching it for a week and it was floating around £22. It reached £36 with 30 minutes to go so I thought I'd put a bid in for £60 with a minute to go, expecting to get it for £40-50.

When that failed I whacked in a £100 bid with just seconds remaining, not expecting it to get anywhere near that amount. Couldn't believe it when it went for £100.03.

Not an original but a lovely faithful copy and I've not see one of those red one in all the time I've been collecting Ipswich shirts.

Got a couple of lovely replicas coming from Thailand in the next month or so. Tracking shows them still at the airport.

Beautiful innit?

Be careful with those Thai fakes though. Heathrow have a habit of destroying them and forwarding your details onto Adidas. First you'll know of it is when the letter from Adidas legal department lands on your mat.
Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 22:05 - Jul 7 with 2102 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 20:52 - Jul 7 by GlasgowBlue

I bet the man who bid £100.03 was happy with your last minute offer.

This is another shirt Copa should make as it would sell hundreds. Looks even better than the white and black shirt of the same design.

Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 07:22 - Jul 8 with 1889 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 07:31 - Jul 8 with 1874 viewsitfcjoe

No, only pick up the original ones - did see someone wearing this the other day though in a shop in Ipswich

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 10:00 - Jul 8 with 1731 viewsTractorWood

That is a beautiful shirt.

I wonder if my match prepared Josh Carson shirt has gone up in value?

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 10:08 - Jul 8 with 1709 viewsPhilTWTD

Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 07:22 - Jul 8 by BryanPlug

Wasn't third kit in 80/81 orange rather than red? Didn't see the shirt in question.
Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 10:18 - Jul 8 with 1687 viewsBryanPlug

Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 10:08 - Jul 8 by PhilTWTD

Wasn't third kit in 80/81 orange rather than red? Didn't see the shirt in question.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 10:21 - Jul 8 with 1666 viewsBluespeed225

Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 21:19 - Jul 7 by PJH

As i wrote in another post, an actual one , number 2, from the Luton game was up for 600 quid about a month ago. no advertising allowed in the Cup then, but kit was saved and re branded with Radio Orwell logo and used at QPR in 84.
Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 10:24 - Jul 8 with 1654 viewsGlasgowBlue

Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 07:31 - Jul 8 by itfcjoe

No, only pick up the original ones - did see someone wearing this the other day though in a shop in Ipswich

I dint think an original of this could be purchased at the time. Unless you get a match worn shirt then a copy is the only alternative. But at least it has the trefoil badge and 3 stripes down the sleeves unlike the more recent Coppa versions.

If memory serves Adidas only made replica kits for kids until around 1984.

Iron Lion Zion

Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 10:26 - Jul 8 with 1652 viewsPhilTWTD

Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 10:18 - Jul 8 by BryanPlug

Think that is orange, just looks redder in that photo.
Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 10:55 - Jul 8 with 1616 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yes. 80/81 was orange with no pin stripes. This one is 81-84 which is more red than orange and has the pin stripes.

Iron Lion Zion

Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 12:42 - Jul 8 with 1521 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 21:19 - Jul 7 by PJH

Six weeks in hospital for Butch and he lost so much blood he needed transfusions to keep him alive. A faith healer saved him as his nose wouldn't stop bleeding until her intervention. Terry has spoken about this in the past.

Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 12:47 - Jul 8 with 1497 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Third kit in 80-81 was indeed orange with black shorts. Same design as other kits that season. Was def worn at WBA and I think Birmingham that season.

The Luton debut red/black shirt was the next season. I remember Tony Gubba previewing the game on Football Focus and holding it up to the audience and declaring Town would be wearing red and black for the first time. A thing of beauty.

Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 12:51 - Jul 8 with 1484 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 10:21 - Jul 8 by Bluespeed225

As i wrote in another post, an actual one , number 2, from the Luton game was up for 600 quid about a month ago. no advertising allowed in the Cup then, but kit was saved and re branded with Radio Orwell logo and used at QPR in 84.

The 84 red and black kit had thick stripes, was a different design. It was also Pioneer for a season before Radio Orwell took over.

Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 16:34 - Jul 8 with 1399 viewsRadlett_blue

Which one of you bvggers just outbid me on ebay on 10:55 - Jul 8 by GlasgowBlue

Yes. 80/81 was orange with no pin stripes. This one is 81-84 which is more red than orange and has the pin stripes.

That 95-96 change shirt, which I thought was a real shocker at the time, still stands out as our all-time worst shirt IMO.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024