Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First Test starts today 06:48 - Jul 8 with 910 viewsCoastalblue

what a surprise, it's raining!

At least TMS is back to give the day some soothing background noise.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

First Test starts today on 12:31 - Jul 8 with 812 viewsbluewein

Carlos Brathwaite's a very intelligent lad, isn't he? Speaks very well (For a modern day sportsman before anyone thinks i'm insinuating anything else of course...)

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

First Test starts today on 13:41 - Jul 8 with 791 viewsgainsboroughblue

Play starts at 2. England win toss and bat. Please let's not be 30 odd for 4 within an hour.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

First Test starts today on 14:05 - Jul 8 with 776 viewsjimsymBLUE

First Test starts today on 13:41 - Jul 8 by gainsboroughblue

Play starts at 2. England win toss and bat. Please let's not be 30 odd for 4 within an hour.

Things have changed a lot since England last played, but probably not that much!

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

First Test starts today on 14:12 - Jul 8 with 766 viewsgainsboroughblue

First Test starts today on 14:05 - Jul 8 by jimsymBLUE

Things have changed a lot since England last played, but probably not that much!

Nope!

First Test starts today on 14:16 - Jul 8 with 759 viewsJakeITFC

Two hilarious leaves in the first two overs.
First Test starts today on 14:19 - Jul 8 with 755 viewsgainsboroughblue

First Test starts today on 14:16 - Jul 8 by JakeITFC

Two hilarious leaves in the first two overs.

Rain stops play 1-1. Great start. Looks a dreadful decision by Stokes to send us in. Bowlers not getting tired, batsmen having to start fresh regularly if more interruptions.

First Test starts today on 14:53 - Jul 8 with 727 viewsITFC_Forever

Every time I switch TMS on, the players have left the pitch again.

Never mind tempting wickets (yes, Gainsboro', I'm looking at you), I can't even get a ball bowled.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

First Test starts today on 16:43 - Jul 8 with 683 viewsRadlett_blue

First Test starts today on 14:19 - Jul 8 by gainsboroughblue

Rain stops play 1-1. Great start. Looks a dreadful decision by Stokes to send us in. Bowlers not getting tired, batsmen having to start fresh regularly if more interruptions.

Stokes out?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

First Test starts today on 16:48 - Jul 8 with 674 viewsgainsboroughblue

First Test starts today on 16:43 - Jul 8 by Radlett_blue

Stokes out?

Ha! Not quite. But looking at the weather and the outlook, and probable rustiness of the batsmen, I think it would have made sense to put them in and try and get the 20 wickets as quick as possible, plus sending out positive affirmations to our attack.

There was always going to be interruptions today and batsmen are always going to struggle to get in and get momentum that way. A bowler can bowl a bad ball and come back the next delivery, the same is not usually true for a batsman. If it comes off, great, but the win toss, bat first philosophy isn't always the answer imo.

First Test starts today on 19:34 - Jul 8 with 635 viewsstonojnr

First Test starts today on 16:48 - Jul 8 by gainsboroughblue

Ha! Not quite. But looking at the weather and the outlook, and probable rustiness of the batsmen, I think it would have made sense to put them in and try and get the 20 wickets as quick as possible, plus sending out positive affirmations to our attack.

There was always going to be interruptions today and batsmen are always going to struggle to get in and get momentum that way. A bowler can bowl a bad ball and come back the next delivery, the same is not usually true for a batsman. If it comes off, great, but the win toss, bat first philosophy isn't always the answer imo.

because winning the toss first and putting the other side in has never backfired so said Ricky Ponting roughly 15 years ago... :D

depends on the local forecast, the pitch, where Stokes/bowlers think they are in form, I think bowling captains are often keener to bat first unless the pitch is an absolute corker to bowl on, when its described as a good toss to lose I dont think anyone is too sure what the best option would have been
First Test starts today on 22:12 - Jul 8 with 603 viewsCoastalblue

First Test starts today on 12:31 - Jul 8 by bluewein

Carlos Brathwaite's a very intelligent lad, isn't he? Speaks very well (For a modern day sportsman before anyone thinks i'm insinuating anything else of course...)

Agree with that, enjoyed his input and thought he grew as it went on. There was a dodgy time when Aggers couldn't get his 'equipment plugged in' and there was a lot of dead air but yes on the whole a welcome addition.

Despite the conditions and the damp around the pitch actually looks quite dry underneath when the batsman are tapping and scraping, might be very tough to bat on in a fourth innings.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

First Test starts today on 23:08 - Jul 8 with 590 viewsHerbivore

First Test starts today on 14:19 - Jul 8 by gainsboroughblue

Think it was a good toss to lose to be fair. I could see his logic, although I'd have fancied a bowl first especially with tomorrow looking pretty overcast too.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

First Test starts today on 10:30 - Jul 9 with 511 viewsRadlett_blue

First Test starts today on 16:48 - Jul 8 by gainsboroughblue

Yes, with damp, overcast conditions forecast for the first 2 days, you could have made a good case for bowling first, although apparently the pitch itself if fairly dry.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024