Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A proposal for 20-21 - Affiliates 18:59 - Jul 8 with 790 viewsScottCandage

Leagues 1 and 2 and below are going to have a very difficult time coming up. Without fans buying tickets, clubs could go out of business. The biggest problem is that clubs have to pay players and can't make income on the gate. So what is to be done? Affiliates. Here's how it would work:

Step 1 - Cancel the U23 leagues for the PL and the Championship for the upcoming season.

Step 2 - Set up affiliates. Each Premier League Team will be assigned an affiliate team in League 1, and each Championship team will assigned an affiliate team in League Two.

Step 3 - Loans. Now that there is no U23 league, PL and Champo teams will have extra players, and League 1 and 2 teams will need players at low cost. Each PL and Champo team shall loan a certain number of players (let's say 5-7) players to their affiliate. These loans will be FREE - no cost to the League 1 or 2 team. The PL or Champ team will be responsible for all player wages. The loans last for the year. (All clubs will be strongly encouraged to also provide players to the National League as well.)

Why should the loans be free, one might ask? Let's call this a general payback for the poaching that bigger clubs have historically pulled off on lower clubs.

This will allow clubs in League 1 and 2 to make some sales and still have a quality replacement (for one year) at no cost. Instead of using a portion of the profit from the player sale to purchase that player's replacement, the clubs can now use that money from the player sales to help keep their clubs afloat during this dark time.

Basically, this plan buys time for the clubs in League 1 and 2. The players loaned out in the affiliate program probably would have been loaned out anyway. This just organizes it all to help lower league clubs survive through this crisis.
A proposal for 20-21 - Affiliates on 19:22 - Jul 8 with 740 viewsMattinLondon

Not saying your plan is good or bad but...

The bigger PL clubs loan out a lot of players every season - the better players will simply be loaned to clubs aboard or to fellow PL clubs a- basically clubs who can afford high loan fees.

The clubs in L1 and 2 will simply be given players that will not be a considerable improvement on what they already have. Not all youngsters at PL clubs are great.
A proposal for 20-21 - Affiliates on 20:27 - Jul 8 with 657 viewsgainsboroughblue

Four teams would be left over as well in League One.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

A proposal for 20-21 - Affiliates on 20:32 - Jul 8 with 654 viewsGeoffSentence

The thing I dont like about that is, with all the L1 and L2 teams getting these loans from Prem and Champ clubs, it will level up the quality of the squad playing staff. This means that the quality of the management team will have an even greater impact on team performance.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

A proposal for 20-21 - Affiliates on 20:59 - Jul 8 with 595 viewsOldsmoker

A proposal for 20-21 - Affiliates on 20:32 - Jul 8 by GeoffSentence

The thing I dont like about that is, with all the L1 and L2 teams getting these loans from Prem and Champ clubs, it will level up the quality of the squad playing staff. This means that the quality of the management team will have an even greater impact on team performance.

Hmmmm. Interesting.
Norwich better get relegated.
I wouldn't want to have their players who aren't good enough for their 1st team.
I've always said Arsenal are brilliant (deleting my posting history as I type).

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

A proposal for 20-21 - Affiliates on 22:02 - Jul 8 with 525 viewsJimmyJazz

You lost me at Champo

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024