Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I presume the Kieffer Moore 20:22 - Jul 8 with 2245 viewsGuthrum

scoring goals for Wigan in the Championship (including today) is a different player then the one with the same name who was slightly rubbish for us in 2017?

If not, quite a turn-around.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 20:26 - Jul 8 with 1976 viewsOldsmoker

He's older and wiser now.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 20:29 - Jul 8 with 1971 viewsbluefunk

He’s being managed properly😉
I presume the Kieffer Moore on 21:50 - Jul 8 with 1790 viewsStenvict

Unfortunately, many fans had already made their mind up when we signed him as a Forest Green reject for £20k and decided he was rubbish. He didn't really get a chance here. I can understand why, as MM was under pressure to get results. Alas, he has made us a little bit of money since leaving.

Poll: What will be announced first?

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 22:06 - Jul 8 with 1745 viewsStNeotsBlue

He was poor in his time with us though, looked out of his depth but has obviously improved since.
I presume the Kieffer Moore on 22:14 - Jul 8 with 1724 viewsDubtractor

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 21:50 - Jul 8 by Stenvict

Unfortunately, many fans had already made their mind up when we signed him as a Forest Green reject for £20k and decided he was rubbish. He didn't really get a chance here. I can understand why, as MM was under pressure to get results. Alas, he has made us a little bit of money since leaving.

Regardless of where we signed him from, he WAS rubbish when he played for us.

Clearly has done OK since, much to my surprise.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 22:20 - Jul 8 with 1697 viewsbournemouthblue

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 22:06 - Jul 8 by StNeotsBlue

He was poor in his time with us though, looked out of his depth but has obviously improved since.

Didn't he get a decent tally for Barnsley when on loan from us?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 22:21 - Jul 8 with 1695 viewsHipsterectomy

mick mccarthy couldnt see a good player if he prodded his large yorkshire (sorry Irish) nose

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 22:28 - Jul 8 with 1667 viewsBlueBadger

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 22:21 - Jul 8 by Hipsterectomy

mick mccarthy couldnt see a good player if he prodded his large yorkshire (sorry Irish) nose

...as long as you ignore all the good ones he signed.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 22:42 - Jul 8 with 1647 viewsPhilTWTD

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 22:20 - Jul 8 by bournemouthblue

Didn't he get a decent tally for Barnsley when on loan from us?

Rotherham, who signed him as he impressed against them for us the previous season. He didn't really get much of a chance with us and that was the game where he made the biggest impression.
I presume the Kieffer Moore on 01:03 - Jul 9 with 1525 viewsBlueSpark

Not to mention he's also a regular in the Wales side.
I presume the Kieffer Moore on 01:17 - Jul 9 with 1517 viewsjeera

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 22:21 - Jul 8 by Hipsterectomy

Putting aside the pathetic insults, your post doesn't even make sense.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 06:54 - Jul 9 with 1365 viewsBlueBadger

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 01:17 - Jul 9 by jeera

Putting aside the pathetic insults, your post doesn't even make sense.

Ah come on now, the likes of Martyn Waghorn, David McGoldrick and Tyronne Mings are nothing compared to Will Keane, James Wilson and Alan Judge.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 08:15 - Jul 9 with 1270 viewshadleighboyblue

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 22:06 - Jul 8 by StNeotsBlue

Is it a case of playing to a players strengths , something that we don't do very well
I presume the Kieffer Moore on 08:19 - Jul 9 with 1245 viewsGarv

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 22:14 - Jul 8 by Dubtractor

My view is pretty much this. The only slightly annoying thing is we sold him as soon as he came into a run of form, albeit on loan at another club.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 08:24 - Jul 9 with 1229 viewsHerbivore

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 08:19 - Jul 9 by Garv

My view is pretty much this. The only slightly annoying thing is we sold him as soon as he came into a run of form, albeit on loan at another club.

He made it pretty clear he wanted to go. Think Mick would have quite happily taken a look at him over the second half of the season but his head had been turned.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 09:50 - Jul 9 with 1124 viewsmonty_radio

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 08:19 - Jul 9 by Garv

I suppose we must have concluded that the Rotherham spell was a temporary blip. Although, if that was the case, since we'd signed him on the back of so little obvious evidence and therefore, as a punt, it seemed very odd to let him go as soon as the punt turned into something more promising.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 10:15]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 09:58 - Jul 9 with 1114 viewsHerbivore

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 09:50 - Jul 9 by monty_radio

I suppose we must have concluded that the Rotherham spell was a temporary blip. Although, if that was the case, since we'd signed him on the back of so little obvious evidence and therefore, as a punt, it seemed very odd to let him go as soon as the punt turned into something more promising.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 10:15]

It was much more straightforwardly that he wanted to move on.

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 10:17 - Jul 9 with 1085 viewsmonty_radio

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 09:58 - Jul 9 by Herbivore

It was much more straightforwardly that he wanted to move on.

Was that commonly said at the time? If that was his thinking then he clearly had some trust in his own ability.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 10:24 - Jul 9 with 1067 viewsHerbivore

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 10:17 - Jul 9 by monty_radio

Was that commonly said at the time? If that was his thinking then he clearly had some trust in his own ability.

Yes, Mick even came out and said it. The intention was for us to take a look at him over the second half of the season but he made it clear he wanted to move on somewhere where he'd be guaranteed to play. Rotherham were very openly courting him and that played into it I think.

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 10:35 - Jul 9 with 1048 viewslongtimefan

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 10:24 - Jul 9 by Herbivore

Yes, Mick even came out and said it. The intention was for us to take a look at him over the second half of the season but he made it clear he wanted to move on somewhere where he'd be guaranteed to play. Rotherham were very openly courting him and that played into it I think.

Like most things in football, money talks.
I presume the Kieffer Moore on 10:39 - Jul 9 with 1043 viewsHerbivore

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 10:35 - Jul 9 by longtimefan

Like most things in football, money talks.

Not sure about that. I imagine he got a bump in salary when he moved but Rotherham, who turned his head, were in League 1 so I doubt money was the main motivator. I think he just wanted to play. He was playing regularly and scoring goals and I expect he wanted to carry that on. He knew that he wouldn't be first choice here and would have to work to get his chance. It's worth remembering that ultimately he went to Championship Barnsley instead and struggled at that level over the remainder of the season. Overall his record in the Championship isn't great, 11 goals in 62 appearances. Granted he's having a reasonable season this season, though still not troubling the upper reaches of the goalscoring charts and is scoring about 1 in every 4 games.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 10:42]

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 10:40 - Jul 9 with 1041 viewsPhilTWTD

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 22:14 - Jul 8 by Dubtractor

Think it's a little harsh to judge a player on 11 largely very brief sub appearances after jumping up three divisions.
I presume the Kieffer Moore on 10:49 - Jul 9 with 1016 viewslongtimefan

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 10:39 - Jul 9 by Herbivore

Not sure about that. I imagine he got a bump in salary when he moved but Rotherham, who turned his head, were in League 1 so I doubt money was the main motivator. I think he just wanted to play. He was playing regularly and scoring goals and I expect he wanted to carry that on. He knew that he wouldn't be first choice here and would have to work to get his chance. It's worth remembering that ultimately he went to Championship Barnsley instead and struggled at that level over the remainder of the season. Overall his record in the Championship isn't great, 11 goals in 62 appearances. Granted he's having a reasonable season this season, though still not troubling the upper reaches of the goalscoring charts and is scoring about 1 in every 4 games.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 10:42]

I was working on the basis that the speculation at the time was that Barnsley were offering him vastly more (no pun intended) In wages than he was getting here.
I presume the Kieffer Moore on 11:30 - Jul 9 with 949 viewsbournemouthblue

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 22:42 - Jul 8 by PhilTWTD

Rotherham, who signed him as he impressed against them for us the previous season. He didn't really get much of a chance with us and that was the game where he made the biggest impression.

That's the one, they all blur into one

So we did have a chance to look at him again and we didn't

What we would do for him now

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 11:48 - Jul 9 with 928 viewsPhilTWTD

I presume the Kieffer Moore on 11:30 - Jul 9 by bournemouthblue

That's the one, they all blur into one

So we did have a chance to look at him again and we didn't

What we would do for him now

We did, although if we'd played him after he returned from Rotherham he wouldn't have been able to move that January when we were at what looked like the top of the Kieffer Moore market.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024