Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So that's the end of the Cobbold connection then (n/t) 21:38 - Jul 8 with 893 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So that's the end of the Cobbold connection then (n/t) on 22:30 - Jul 8 with 856 viewslinhdi

Tomorrow is the first day in our near-142 year history that there is no Cobbold involvement. It is a sad day indeed.
So that's the end of the Cobbold connection then (n/t) on 22:33 - Jul 8 with 847 viewsKeno

So that's the end of the Cobbold connection then (n/t) on 22:30 - Jul 8 by linhdi

Tomorrow is the first day in our near-142 year history that there is no Cobbold involvement. It is a sad day indeed.

I will start reading the Mr John book again

It will get very dusty

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So that's the end of the Cobbold connection then (n/t) on 22:37 - Jul 8 with 837 viewsNthQldITFC

So that's the end of the Cobbold connection then (n/t) on 22:33 - Jul 8 by Keno

I will start reading the Mr John book again

It will get very dusty

I always enjoy the bit about the goatskin coat and the Alsatian in St Moritz, or wherever it was!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

So that's the end of the Cobbold connection then (n/t) on 22:41 - Jul 8 with 835 viewsPhilTWTD

So that's the end of the Cobbold connection then (n/t) on 22:30 - Jul 8 by linhdi

A sad day indeed but I don't think that's quite right, I don't think Philip Hope-Cobbold joined the board until a little while after his uncle Patrick had died.
So that's the end of the Cobbold connection then (n/t) on 22:48 - Jul 8 with 815 viewsOldsmoker

So that's the end of the Cobbold connection then (n/t) on 22:41 - Jul 8 by PhilTWTD

A sad day indeed but I don't think that's quite right, I don't think Philip Hope-Cobbold joined the board until a little while after his uncle Patrick had died.

From wiki.
Patrick was the grandson of the 9th Duke of Devonshire and was educated at Eton.
That won't sit well with some on here.
Marucs Evans is the son of a geezer and educated at Grange Hill.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

So that's the end of the Cobbold connection then (n/t) on 00:05 - Jul 9 with 747 viewsfloridablue

Sad news indeed and for the club being without the Cobbold name connection in years! Also I've recently discovered through ancestry DNA my 2nd gt grandmother was a Cobbold from the village of Somersham Suffolk who's blood line connects with the 'well known' Cobbolds.
I've since been added to the Cobbold family history trust website run by a Cobbold living in Devon.
So that's the end of the Cobbold connection then (n/t) on 00:49 - Jul 9 with 717 viewsjeera

So that's the end of the Cobbold connection then (n/t) on 00:05 - Jul 9 by floridablue

Sad news indeed and for the club being without the Cobbold name connection in years! Also I've recently discovered through ancestry DNA my 2nd gt grandmother was a Cobbold from the village of Somersham Suffolk who's blood line connects with the 'well known' Cobbolds.
I've since been added to the Cobbold family history trust website run by a Cobbold living in Devon.

Best you stop sodding about and get yourself associated with the Board (if there even is one) asap and keep the link going then.

Make sure at least that the wine cabinet is full.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So that's the end of the Cobbold connection then (n/t) on 07:03 - Jul 9 with 582 viewsBlueBadger

So that's the end of the Cobbold connection then (n/t) on 00:49 - Jul 9 by jeera

Best you stop sodding about and get yourself associated with the Board (if there even is one) asap and keep the link going then.

Make sure at least that the wine cabinet is full.

I suspect it's full now, but in the finest tradition of the Evans years it's full of liebfraumilch, Spar smooth red and the classiest prosecco they could find.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024