Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How’s everyone doing? 22:19 - Jul 8 with 1413 viewsNewcyBlue

I’ve been in a bit of a rut lately. Probably over tired from working too many hours.

I managed to get a couple of good sleeps in, made some decent progress on board with some stuff that wasn’t acceptable, and had a killer gym session.

I now feel superb.

The gyms being closed back home really did have quite an effect on me.

How are things with you guys?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

How’s everyone doing? on 22:23 - Jul 8 with 1388 viewsWeWereZombies

The lack of social contact seems to be having a detrimental effect on my sleep, rarely do more than six and a bit hours now after four months or so of lock down. Try and have a kip mid afternoon but even that is eluding me now. On the plus side I am making better than expected progress painting the garage.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

How’s everyone doing? on 22:23 - Jul 8 with 1385 viewsjeera

I've been trying to watch some film where a small group of people are being hunted by a crocodile out in the Aussie swamps.

I've finally given up as the best acting was coming from the crocodile, (and I'm not convinced that was even a real one. I have suspicions from some of the angles that it might just be a prop).

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

How’s everyone doing? on 22:29 - Jul 8 with 1351 viewslinhdi

Gym closing could have been bad news for me, but my trainer switched to Zoom PT (cyberbullying, as a friend puts it). So I have been doing 3x sessions a week at a fraction of gym PT cost. Now I'm away on holiday but still doing a July challenge of push-ups, sit-ups, squats and plank-shoulder-taps. I'm still a boozy, overweight type, but am now a slightly fitter, slightly stronger, much happier boozy, overweight type.
How’s everyone doing? on 22:30 - Jul 8 with 1347 viewsKeno

How’s everyone doing? on 22:23 - Jul 8 by jeera

I've been trying to watch some film where a small group of people are being hunted by a crocodile out in the Aussie swamps.

I've finally given up as the best acting was coming from the crocodile, (and I'm not convinced that was even a real one. I have suspicions from some of the angles that it might just be a prop).

You’ll find crocodile Dundee does get better

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

How’s everyone doing? on 22:33 - Jul 8 with 1332 viewsGlasgowBlue

All good thanks Newcy. Getting ready to re open next week so getting back into work mode after a long lay off.

How long 'til you are back home?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

How’s everyone doing? on 22:33 - Jul 8 with 1340 viewsOldsmoker

How’s everyone doing? on 22:23 - Jul 8 by jeera

Self-imposed lockdown - I'm no longer classified as needing shielding.
The big Bang Theory has 2 episodes on CH4 at 8.30am ish , 2 episodes on E4 at 10am, 2 more at 1.00pm and 2 more at 6pm. They repeat on CH4+1 and E4+1.
Somehow I find time to eat, sh*t and w*nk as well, so I'm slowly dissolving in my own filth, but I'm still optimistic the football will improve.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

How’s everyone doing? on 22:47 - Jul 8 with 1291 viewsjeera

How’s everyone doing? on 22:33 - Jul 8 by Oldsmoker

The big Bang Theory has 2 episodes on CH4 at 8.30am ish , 2 episodes on E4 at 10am, 2 more at 1.00pm and 2 more at 6pm. They repeat on CH4+1 and E4+1.
Somehow I find time to eat, sh*t and w*nk as well, so I'm slowly dissolving in my own filth, but I'm still optimistic the football will improve.

Well that was gross.

Moving on, I've actually felt cold tonight and even considered giving the heating a quick run out. But I looked and the thermostat reads 23, which is higher than I would set it even in winter so how does that work then?

If it's 23 it's not cold, but it feels cold. Maybe it's watching stupid people getting eaten by that crocodile.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2020 22:51]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

How’s everyone doing? on 22:51 - Jul 8 with 1277 viewsOldsmoker

How’s everyone doing? on 22:47 - Jul 8 by jeera

Well that was gross.

Moving on, I've actually felt cold tonight and even considered giving the heating a quick run out. But I looked and the thermostat reads 23, which is higher than I would set it even in winter so how does that work then?

If it's 23 it's not cold, but it feels cold. Maybe it's watching stupid people getting eaten by that crocodile.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2020 22:51]

Sorry Jeera, I was replying to Newcy and must have accidently hit the reply button on your post.
PS. It's only gross when it's someone elses filth - a bit like farts.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Login to get fewer ads

How’s everyone doing? on 22:56 - Jul 8 with 1261 viewsNewcyBlue

How’s everyone doing? on 22:23 - Jul 8 by WeWereZombies

The lack of social contact seems to be having a detrimental effect on my sleep, rarely do more than six and a bit hours now after four months or so of lock down. Try and have a kip mid afternoon but even that is eluding me now. On the plus side I am making better than expected progress painting the garage.

I’ve found a sleep routine is key.

It’s taken me ages to get one.

How’s everyone doing? on 22:58 - Jul 8 with 1252 viewsNewcyBlue

How’s everyone doing? on 22:29 - Jul 8 by linhdi

Gym closing could have been bad news for me, but my trainer switched to Zoom PT (cyberbullying, as a friend puts it). So I have been doing 3x sessions a week at a fraction of gym PT cost. Now I'm away on holiday but still doing a July challenge of push-ups, sit-ups, squats and plank-shoulder-taps. I'm still a boozy, overweight type, but am now a slightly fitter, slightly stronger, much happier boozy, overweight type.

What’s your July challenge?

Keep at it! There’s no feeling like getting fitter is there?

How’s everyone doing? on 23:00 - Jul 8 with 1243 viewsNewcyBlue

How’s everyone doing? on 22:33 - Jul 8 by GlasgowBlue

All good thanks Newcy. Getting ready to re open next week so getting back into work mode after a long lay off.

How long 'til you are back home?

Glad to hear things are picking up there mate.

As for when I am back home, who knows? Hopefully in time for the twins!

How’s everyone doing? on 23:02 - Jul 8 with 1237 viewsNewcyBlue

As lockdowns go... I hope you’re not doing the 3 activities at the same time!

How’s everyone doing? on 09:22 - Jul 9 with 989 viewsEdwardStone

I am starting to enjoy TBBT as well....kind of my own personal Stockholm Syndrome

It's all a bit one dimensional and predictable, but I am getting to enjoy the characters

And Penny
How’s everyone doing? on 09:26 - Jul 9 with 983 viewsbluelagos

Managed my 3rd 72 miler on Monday and felt fine the next day. Didn't ride cos of the weather but on target for Lands End John O'Groats in early Sept.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

How’s everyone doing? on 09:57 - Jul 9 with 951 viewsPendejo

Going on holiday tomorrow taking my father to a North Suffolk cottage for a week.

Technically transition from furlough to garden leave on Monday, found 2 jobs similar to mine... Rejected for both at application stage.

Applied for PCSO job... Rejected as not for and proper person due to house repossession 20 years ago whilst going thru a divorce.

Job front is depressing. Considering buying an avocado farm in Colombia.

Have cut some pounds and inches by trying to do 10,000 steps plus per day, so need new clothes!!!!

Worked out i didn't need to use iTunes to move the music from my iPod to my phone, after I'd loaded up my download account. DOH!

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

How’s everyone doing? on 10:22 - Jul 9 with 925 viewsEdwardStone

How’s everyone doing? on 09:57 - Jul 9 by Pendejo

Going on holiday tomorrow taking my father to a North Suffolk cottage for a week.

Technically transition from furlough to garden leave on Monday, found 2 jobs similar to mine... Rejected for both at application stage.

Applied for PCSO job... Rejected as not for and proper person due to house repossession 20 years ago whilst going thru a divorce.

Job front is depressing. Considering buying an avocado farm in Colombia.

Have cut some pounds and inches by trying to do 10,000 steps plus per day, so need new clothes!!!!

Worked out i didn't need to use iTunes to move the music from my iPod to my phone, after I'd loaded up my download account. DOH!

Enjoy your holiday Mr P

Sorry to hear that job hunt is not going well....fingers crossed that something will come up soon
How’s everyone doing? on 10:28 - Jul 9 with 913 viewsKeno

is 'meh" an acceptable answer?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

How’s everyone doing? on 10:38 - Jul 9 with 900 viewsSteve_M

Pretty good on the whole, work remains busy and I'm very much used to the pattern of WFH now. To the point that going back to the office for more than the odd say is going to feel a bit odd. I'm walking 10km a day as well which takes a bit of an effort but helps mentally.

I think there's a general sense of 'meh' at the moment though, we got through the first part of the lockdown and reduced infections but everyone - everyone sensible anyway - is well aware that we aren't going back to normal anytime soon. That's offset by a few more places re-opening and the ability to travel a bit and see family.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

How’s everyone doing? on 11:35 - Jul 9 with 855 viewsBlueBadger

Considerably better than Late April through to early June. Seen no ITU covid patients since early June but there's still a few trickling the hospital as a whole. I'm back to my regular gig in Outreach Monday week, which I CANNOT wait for.

Whilst it's nice to work with old mates, it's not where my head's at any more. I've gotten far too used to effectively being my own boss rather than working in a fairly rgeimented ITU.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

How’s everyone doing? on 14:03 - Jul 9 with 753 viewsPendejo

How’s everyone doing? on 10:22 - Jul 9 by EdwardStone

Enjoy your holiday Mr P

Sorry to hear that job hunt is not going well....fingers crossed that something will come up soon

Whatever happens I know that I'm probably still better off than at least 80% of the world's population.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

How’s everyone doing? on 14:57 - Jul 9 with 713 viewsWarkystache

Hi Newcy - Tel's Ok. I won't spoil the plot for Sunday's report. I've been diagnosed with Basal Cell Carcinoma after a mole on my cheek went a funny colour and started scabbing, but I've got a hospital appointment next week.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

How’s everyone doing? on 15:28 - Jul 9 with 687 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bored sh*tless. I hate my job at the best of times. Lockdown actually changed things up a bit and made it more bearable for a time, especially having to deal with all the planning around Covid. But now things have settled down and it's become a dull grind again, that honeymoon period is well and truly over.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How’s everyone doing? on 15:43 - Jul 9 with 659 viewshampstead_blue

Stopped drinking at the end of May. Lost 1 1/2 stone and feel great.
Had a brush with a very dark place but survived, had a spell in ITU, back home and recovering.

Cricket season is starting so am chipper. Even managed a few nets.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

How’s everyone doing? on 16:35 - Jul 9 with 613 viewsNewcyBlue

A mixed bag for people then.

I wish you all the best, if anyone needs to chat feel free to drop me a PM.

Those who have made positive habits throughout lockdown, keep it up after lockdown. You’ll thank yourself.

I’ve just had a bit of an incident on board. I got an electric shock about 45 minutes ago. It seems our Electrician was told to fix the problem in June. It hadn’t been done. Nobody followed up.

I’m furious and have told the management on board to keep the electrician well clear of me for the time being.

I’ve got an Apple Watch that does ECG. Took one shortly after recovering from the shock and the difference between that and my normal is quite massive.

If it had been someone with a heart condition we would have had a fatality.

How’s everyone doing? on 17:19 - Jul 9 with 553 viewsWeWereZombies

How’s everyone doing? on 16:35 - Jul 9 by NewcyBlue

A mixed bag for people then.

I wish you all the best, if anyone needs to chat feel free to drop me a PM.

Those who have made positive habits throughout lockdown, keep it up after lockdown. You’ll thank yourself.

I’ve just had a bit of an incident on board. I got an electric shock about 45 minutes ago. It seems our Electrician was told to fix the problem in June. It hadn’t been done. Nobody followed up.

I’m furious and have told the management on board to keep the electrician well clear of me for the time being.

I’ve got an Apple Watch that does ECG. Took one shortly after recovering from the shock and the difference between that and my normal is quite massive.

If it had been someone with a heart condition we would have had a fatality.

Jeez mate, that sounds extreme.

I worked in the electronics industry for a while and met one or two people who experienced severe electric shock, one of whom went irreparably cross eyed as a result.

So just have a look in a mirror to check.

What do you mean 'the left one or the right one'?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024