Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warnock 22:21 - Jul 8 with 2460 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Warnock on 22:25 - Jul 8 with 2434 viewsOldsmoker

Won 2 and lost 2 isn't exactly.....
Oh wait.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Warnock on 23:06 - Jul 8 with 2371 viewsmrshallisfit

We didn't have a chance. Warnock would have known he had no scope for any investment.
Warnock on 09:01 - Jul 9 with 2118 viewsPhilTWTD

Warnock on 23:06 - Jul 8 by mrshallisfit

We didn't have a chance. Warnock would have known he had no scope for any investment.

He was very keen from what I was told.
Warnock on 09:07 - Jul 9 with 2106 viewsOsborneOneNil

Warnock on 09:01 - Jul 9 by PhilTWTD

Yet another ‘fork in the road’ where Town make the wrong choice.
Warnock on 09:15 - Jul 9 with 2082 viewsitfcjoe

We certainly wouldn't have finished 11th had he got the job on new years day

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Warnock on 09:15 - Jul 9 with 2076 viewsITFC_Forever

Nope, far better to give a clueless manager a 5 year contract.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Warnock on 10:14 - Jul 9 with 1990 viewsRadlett_blue

Warnock on 09:07 - Jul 9 by OsborneOneNil

Yet another ‘fork in the road’ where Town make the wrong choice.

The problem was in appointing Lambert in the first place. When he arrived, he lurched from relegation fire-fighter to a man with a long term plan based around a passing game, based on youth. Then, that all went out of the window & he resembled a blind man with a Rubik cube. When we appointed him, he had had 4 fairly unsuccessful spells at different clubs in the last 6 years.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Warnock on 10:25 - Jul 9 with 1968 viewsBluefish

Warnock on 09:15 - Jul 9 by itfcjoe

We certainly wouldn't have finished 11th had he got the job on new years day

How many supporters really wanted PRP out at that stage though?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

Warnock on 10:31 - Jul 9 with 1945 viewsRadlett_blue

Warnock on 10:25 - Jul 9 by Bluefish

I have no confidence in Lambert, but even less confidence in Evans's ability to appoint someone better.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Warnock on 10:33 - Jul 9 with 1939 viewsBlueBadger

Warnock on 10:14 - Jul 9 by Radlett_blue

The problem was in appointing Lambert in the first place. When he arrived, he lurched from relegation fire-fighter to a man with a long term plan based around a passing game, based on youth. Then, that all went out of the window & he resembled a blind man with a Rubik cube. When we appointed him, he had had 4 fairly unsuccessful spells at different clubs in the last 6 years.

But he made the Match Day Experience MUCH BETTER though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Warnock on 10:41 - Jul 9 with 1920 viewsITFC_Forever

Warnock on 10:25 - Jul 9 by Bluefish

Quite a lot.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Warnock on 11:14 - Jul 9 with 1873 viewsBryanPlug

Warnock on 09:01 - Jul 9 by PhilTWTD

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Warnock on 11:20 - Jul 9 with 1858 viewsfooters

Warnock on 11:14 - Jul 9 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

The 'arry 'otline hasn't really worked out, has it?

Problem is we've never had a 'football man' in-house at the club, everything's just fag packet calculations and guesswork. Which is why MM did so well here in that he could run most aspects of the club, whereas Lambert...

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Warnock on 11:31 - Jul 9 with 1815 viewsSuperblue95

Warnock on 10:31 - Jul 9 by Radlett_blue

I have no confidence in Lambert, but even less confidence in Evans's ability to appoint someone better.

He could reappoint Keane with Jewell as his assistant and Hurst as DOF and it wouldn’t be any worse.

It wouldn’t be difficult to appoint someone better

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Warnock on 11:45 - Jul 9 with 1804 viewsPhilTWTD

Warnock on 11:20 - Jul 9 by footers

The 'arry 'otline hasn't really worked out, has it?

Problem is we've never had a 'football man' in-house at the club, everything's just fag packet calculations and guesswork. Which is why MM did so well here in that he could run most aspects of the club, whereas Lambert...

This idea that MM ran "most aspects of the club" is something of a fallacy. MM's focus was on the first team and not much else during his time here.

There are and have been football types 'in-house', Charlie Woods advising ME up until a few years back and I think Dave Bowman has taken on that role to some extent more recently.
Warnock on 11:50 - Jul 9 with 1786 viewsSwansea_Blue

Much as I don't like Warnock, he certainly won't be relegating them.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Was always impressed me about Warnock was the (majority) post match interviews on 12:09 - Jul 9 with 1757 viewsunstableblue

... obviously in many he was ranting and raving about an injustice. And he's clearly a hot head and old skool in that sense.

BUT he would often deconstruct the game really well, talk about systems, game management, breaking the lines, positional superiority of his or the opposition. Many of our Marcus managers never displayed this analysis (or perhaps it wasn't their style to raise post match), also in weekly press updates. Jewel perhaps the worst do you think?

I think we got 'mis-sold' Hurst, I'm not sure he was ever really that progressive, especially with the like of Doige as his muppet number two (as with Lamberts). Again Oxford Robinson is so superior to our hires and supported by an assistant who worked under Jim Smith, Ardilles, Keegan.

I'm like a stuck record, but frankly until Marcus sorts our management recruitment and structure, we're just be in decline. Its so important.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 12:29]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Warnock on 12:10 - Jul 9 with 1747 viewsIllinoisblue

Warnock on 11:45 - Jul 9 by PhilTWTD

This idea that MM ran "most aspects of the club" is something of a fallacy. MM's focus was on the first team and not much else during his time here.

There are and have been football types 'in-house', Charlie Woods advising ME up until a few years back and I think Dave Bowman has taken on that role to some extent more recently.

This Bowman character intrigues me. Brought in by Mick as a scout and here we are two managers later and he’s now advising Evans on how to run the club.

Says a lot.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Warnock on 12:23 - Jul 9 with 1713 viewsBluefish

Warnock on 10:41 - Jul 9 by ITFC_Forever

Quite a lot.

I'm kot convinced by that. A few days earlier his name was still sung for most of the match

Warnock on 12:28 - Jul 9 with 1683 viewsPhilTWTD

Warnock on 12:10 - Jul 9 by Illinoisblue

This Bowman character intrigues me. Brought in by Mick as a scout and here we are two managers later and he’s now advising Evans on how to run the club.

Says a lot.

I think he's liaised closely with ME for a number of years on transfers so they've had a working relationship. Even though he is less involved on the recruitment side than he was - and wasn't full-time after he joined up with the Ireland set-up - I'm led to believe he still has the owner's ear.
Warnock on 12:40 - Jul 9 with 1630 viewsBlueBadger

Warnock on 12:23 - Jul 9 by Bluefish

I'm kot convinced by that. A few days earlier his name was still sung for most of the match

When did this happen - during the 5-3 defeat to Lincoln, the 0-0 to Gillingham or the defeat to Portsmouth? It sounds unlikley that it happened during any of these apart from in your head.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 12:44]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Warnock on 12:52 - Jul 9 with 1584 viewsBluefish

Warnock on 12:40 - Jul 9 by BlueBadger

When did this happen - during the 5-3 defeat to Lincoln, the 0-0 to Gillingham or the defeat to Portsmouth? It sounds unlikley that it happened during any of these apart from in your head.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 12:44]

Lincoln. His song was sang throughout, we pretty much completely gave up on songs for players last season and 98% of songs were PRP is a blue or Allez Allez. He became bigger than the club for the fans and was rewarded with a new long contract.

Warnock on 13:30 - Jul 9 with 1490 viewsflimflam

Warnock on 12:52 - Jul 9 by Bluefish

Lincoln. His song was sang throughout, we pretty much completely gave up on songs for players last season and 98% of songs were PRP is a blue or Allez Allez. He became bigger than the club for the fans and was rewarded with a new long contract.

I was at Lincoln and I heard a lot of choice words aimed at Lambert and that days scapegoat Edwards.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Warnock on 13:40 - Jul 9 with 1471 viewsBluefish

Warnock on 13:30 - Jul 9 by flimflam

I was at Lincoln and I heard a lot of choice words aimed at Lambert and that days scapegoat Edwards.

You must have been next to me then

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024