Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More on FIFA Ultimate Team 07:20 - Jul 9 with 508 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53337020

(ban this crap please)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

More on FIFA Ultimate Team on 07:36 - Jul 9 with 469 viewsEly_Blue

Hmm the thing is unlike cards, slots etc it is a game that is fully possible to play without spending a dime if you are good enough, and even then there is no need to part with physical cash to open these loot boxes.

Maybe the thing that needs looking at is modern society and kids need and desire to have everything instantly without waiting or working for it but to lay the blame at the door of the game makers is harsh in my opinion.

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

More on FIFA Ultimate Team on 07:51 - Jul 9 with 448 viewsgiant_stow

More on FIFA Ultimate Team on 07:36 - Jul 9 by Ely_Blue

Hmm the thing is unlike cards, slots etc it is a game that is fully possible to play without spending a dime if you are good enough, and even then there is no need to part with physical cash to open these loot boxes.

Maybe the thing that needs looking at is modern society and kids need and desire to have everything instantly without waiting or working for it but to lay the blame at the door of the game makers is harsh in my opinion.

I can see why you say that and as a parent of a kid who's seriously tempted by these paid-for goodies, I get its my job to stear him away from this rubbish. But... I can't figure out the upside / point / benefit to the punter of these things. Yes they let a player upgrade by shortcut, but what use is that in a sporting sense, when in affect, it's just cheating?

They're just addictive trash that hook a player into the Ultimate Team world and rinse money out of kids and the unsuspecting. In that sense they're even worse than gambling given there's no age restriction.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 7:53]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

More on FIFA Ultimate Team on 07:56 - Jul 9 with 427 viewsEly_Blue

More on FIFA Ultimate Team on 07:51 - Jul 9 by giant_stow

I can see why you say that and as a parent of a kid who's seriously tempted by these paid-for goodies, I get its my job to stear him away from this rubbish. But... I can't figure out the upside / point / benefit to the punter of these things. Yes they let a player upgrade by shortcut, but what use is that in a sporting sense, when in affect, it's just cheating?

They're just addictive trash that hook a player into the Ultimate Team world and rinse money out of kids and the unsuspecting. In that sense they're even worse than gambling given there's no age restriction.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 7:53]

I too am the parent of a teenager who is tempted by these goodies as well as someone who will play the game myself (don’t judge please).

The point you make about what is the sporting sense is what I was trying to echo, it doesn’t make any sporting sense but ask the kid who is tempted and they will tell you “because I want it now and I want to be as good as the people who have it now but I don’t want to work for it’”

I think with this it is our role as parents to make our kids realise not that the gambling side of things is bad (let’s face it much as an alcoholic will always be an alcoholic then if you are inclined to gamble then you always will) but that there are no “easy ways & shortcuts” in life for every scenario

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

More on FIFA Ultimate Team on 08:01 - Jul 9 with 422 viewsgiant_stow

More on FIFA Ultimate Team on 07:56 - Jul 9 by Ely_Blue

I too am the parent of a teenager who is tempted by these goodies as well as someone who will play the game myself (don’t judge please).

The point you make about what is the sporting sense is what I was trying to echo, it doesn’t make any sporting sense but ask the kid who is tempted and they will tell you “because I want it now and I want to be as good as the people who have it now but I don’t want to work for it’”

I think with this it is our role as parents to make our kids realise not that the gambling side of things is bad (let’s face it much as an alcoholic will always be an alcoholic then if you are inclined to gamble then you always will) but that there are no “easy ways & shortcuts” in life for every scenario

i'd be a hypocryte to judge you for playing Fifa - play it with the boy myself, so no worries there! It's these paid for add-ons I hate

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024