Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket - Day 2. What's gonna happen then...? 10:15 - Jul 9 with 1114 viewsbluewein

It's really looking like a series that'll be won and lost by the bowlers more than the top order at the moment. Both teams have fantastic attacks.

Still rather bemused at the decision to bat yesterday. Think we'll do well to get to 250...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Cricket - Day 2. What's gonna happen then...? on 10:31 - Jul 9 with 1088 viewsSteve_M

Yesterday was the sort of day that is really frustrating to sit through, always the promise of play but not a lot of it. On the plus side work was really busy yesterday so I would have struggled to watch much anyway.

Not sure if there's an easy choice to bat or bowl when no-one has played much cricket all year. Given only one wicket it wasn't a dreadful one, not so far anyway.

I think England will get a couple of decent partnerships, probably get to 300 and then it's a question of whether WI can do the same. They won the one Test a batsman really performed three years ago, although Shai Hope still only has two Test hundreds.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket - Day 2. What's gonna happen then...? on 10:50 - Jul 9 with 1073 viewsbluewein

Cricket - Day 2. What's gonna happen then...? on 10:31 - Jul 9 by Steve_M

Yesterday was the sort of day that is really frustrating to sit through, always the promise of play but not a lot of it. On the plus side work was really busy yesterday so I would have struggled to watch much anyway.

Not sure if there's an easy choice to bat or bowl when no-one has played much cricket all year. Given only one wicket it wasn't a dreadful one, not so far anyway.

I think England will get a couple of decent partnerships, probably get to 300 and then it's a question of whether WI can do the same. They won the one Test a batsman really performed three years ago, although Shai Hope still only has two Test hundreds.

The only thing about the decision yesterday is the fact that it was "perfect Jimmy" conditions (I hate that saying as it's the argument I see when people say he's not a world class bowler) so you would have thought that bowling would be the obvious choice.

I'm hopeful of at least a century partnership from Burns and Denly, also excited to see how Crawley and Pope fare, Pope particularly. I'm a massive fan of his , and seeing him batting with Stokes and/or Buttler will be the highlight of the day for me...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Cricket - Day 2. What's gonna happen then...? on 10:53 - Jul 9 with 1066 viewsSaleAway

Cricket - Day 2. What's gonna happen then...? on 10:50 - Jul 9 by bluewein

The only thing about the decision yesterday is the fact that it was "perfect Jimmy" conditions (I hate that saying as it's the argument I see when people say he's not a world class bowler) so you would have thought that bowling would be the obvious choice.

I'm hopeful of at least a century partnership from Burns and Denly, also excited to see how Crawley and Pope fare, Pope particularly. I'm a massive fan of his , and seeing him batting with Stokes and/or Buttler will be the highlight of the day for me...

I think the weather was a lot worse than forecast yesterday. The feeling was that if they could get through the first hour, it would be decent to bat - and the Aegeas bowl generally gets slower and lower and spins later..... I don't think it was a bad decision to bat first - if we can survive for 30 minutes this morning, should be on for a decent score. And I don't think WI can bat long, so getting any sort of total, should put pressure on.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Cricket - Day 2. What's gonna happen then...? on 10:53 - Jul 9 with 1066 viewsIpswichKnight

The desicion to bat I think was based on the warm up game they played on the same square recently when the pitch did pretty much nothing all game, get the runs on the board and apply pressure, England have gone in with pace as well both Wood and Archer, especially as its unlikely Wood will play all three games and the Manchester pitch is probably the quickest in the country now as well.
Cricket - Day 2. What's gonna happen then...? on 11:26 - Jul 9 with 1027 viewshampstead_blue

Had to bat. The pitch is flat.
Gabriel has got some wheels this morning.

Loving watching it with TMS aw well.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Cricket - Day 2. What's gonna happen then...? on 11:29 - Jul 9 with 1019 viewsgainsboroughblue

Denly cleaned up. Sounded like a fast one!

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Cricket - Day 2. What's gonna happen then...? on 12:49 - Jul 9 with 976 viewsHerbivore

We're getting done over here.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cricket - Day 2. What's gonna happen then...? on 13:07 - Jul 9 with 955 viewsbournemouthblue

I think we'll do well to reach 200 currently

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Cricket - Day 2. What's gonna happen then...? on 13:11 - Jul 9 with 946 viewsRyorry

Forgot - thanks for the reminder!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Cricket - Day 2. What's gonna happen then...? on 13:25 - Jul 9 with 922 viewshampstead_blue

Cricket - Day 2. What's gonna happen then...? on 13:07 - Jul 9 by bournemouthblue

I think we'll do well to reach 200 currently

Wonderful bowling this morning.
Attacked the stumps and let the overheads do the rest.

Denly is not a Test batter. A short piece after his dismissal tells a grim story.

Crawley is raw but worth a run.

Pope looks like and is nearly as classy as Ian Bell.

Stokes looks like he's having a net. Nothing seems to trouble him. Ridiculous amount of talent.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Cricket - Day 2. What's gonna happen then...? on 14:14 - Jul 9 with 901 viewsgainsboroughblue

Cricket - Day 2. What's gonna happen then...? on 13:25 - Jul 9 by hampstead_blue

Wonderful bowling this morning.
Attacked the stumps and let the overheads do the rest.

Denly is not a Test batter. A short piece after his dismissal tells a grim story.

Crawley is raw but worth a run.

Pope looks like and is nearly as classy as Ian Bell.

Stokes looks like he's having a net. Nothing seems to trouble him. Ridiculous amount of talent.

Just turned on and he has been dropped twice in 5 minutes. Maybe my curse has been lifted.

Cricket - Day 2. What's gonna happen then...? on 14:47 - Jul 9 with 874 viewsHerbivore

Cricket - Day 2. What's gonna happen then...? on 14:14 - Jul 9 by gainsboroughblue

Just turned on and he has been dropped twice in 5 minutes. Maybe my curse has been lifted.

Nope.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cricket - Day 2. What's gonna happen then...? on 15:10 - Jul 9 with 854 viewsSteve_M

Cricket - Day 2. What's gonna happen then...? on 10:31 - Jul 9 by Steve_M

Well it's only going to be one decent partnership unless something remarkable happens now. WI have bowled well but England's batting looks fragile, perhaps more understandable than usual given the lack of cricket but really only Burns and Stokes look totally comfortable with Test batting on any sort of consistent basis.

Still, and most importantly, it feels like proper sport Far more enjoyable than the football over the last month.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket - Day 2. What's gonna happen then...? on 17:21 - Jul 9 with 820 viewsgainsboroughblue

Not much going our way here.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024