Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some interesting cycling news 10:30 - Jul 9 with 995 viewsKeno

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/53112149

Is interesting cycling an oxymoron?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Some interesting cycling news on 10:55 - Jul 9 with 955 viewsBasuco

Team Ineos work in the same way as British Cycling, team selection and team leader selection is based on current form and fitness, not on past achievement's, every rider has to earn their place in any given race. I think this shows that Chris Froome is past his best days and cannot compete with G and Bernal for a protected team leader role, not surprising at 35 really.
Some interesting cycling news on 11:04 - Jul 9 with 942 viewsKeno

Some interesting cycling news on 10:55 - Jul 9 by Basuco

Team Ineos work in the same way as British Cycling, team selection and team leader selection is based on current form and fitness, not on past achievement's, every rider has to earn their place in any given race. I think this shows that Chris Froome is past his best days and cannot compete with G and Bernal for a protected team leader role, not surprising at 35 really.

Agree about Frome but I think it will be interesting to see who leads Ineos next year

Some interesting cycling news on 11:28 - Jul 9 with 914 viewsBasuco

Some interesting cycling news on 11:04 - Jul 9 by Keno

Agree about Frome but I think it will be interesting to see who leads Ineos next year

Egan Bernal is a huge talent and is only 23, so I would expect him to be their TDF team Leader, but G team leader for the Giro and possibly the Vuelta as well.
Some interesting cycling news on 11:42 - Jul 9 with 905 viewseireblue

Some interesting cycling news on 11:04 - Jul 9 by Keno

It may make for an interesting tour this year as well. If Froomy, thinks he has the legs, he doesn’t have to follow team orders.

Maybe interesting to see if Dan Martin lends a little bit of assistance to his future team leader.
Some interesting cycling news on 11:59 - Jul 9 with 890 viewsfactual_blue

It it the most oxy'ed oxymoron you could imagine.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Some interesting cycling news on 12:17 - Jul 9 with 873 viewsEwan_Oozami

It's the equivalent of a footballer moving abroad for one last paycheck - interesting (that word again) that Dowsett is joing that team as well..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Some interesting cycling news on 12:21 - Jul 9 with 869 viewsTractorWood

Some interesting cycling news on 12:17 - Jul 9 by Ewan_Oozami

It's the equivalent of a footballer moving abroad for one last paycheck - interesting (that word again) that Dowsett is joing that team as well..

I like Dowsett. His YouTube channel is really decent. Seems a very humble guy. Again, think his best days are probably behind him.

Bernal and G are the future re OP.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 12:22]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Some interesting cycling news on 12:46 - Jul 9 with 822 viewsEwan_Oozami

Some interesting cycling news on 12:21 - Jul 9 by TractorWood

I like Dowsett. His YouTube channel is really decent. Seems a very humble guy. Again, think his best days are probably behind him.

Bernal and G are the future re OP.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 12:22]

Dowsett still rides the occasional Maldon and Dist CC TT when he's around visiting family - a couple of people I know in the Maldon say he is the nicest pro-athlete they've met - but I guess you don't get to meet too many pro athletes out on the Essex coast! They said he rides past them as if they're standing still, and they're no slouches :-)

Login to get fewer ads

Some interesting cycling news on 14:27 - Jul 9 with 791 viewsBasuco

Some interesting cycling news on 12:46 - Jul 9 by Ewan_Oozami

Dowsett still rides the occasional Maldon and Dist CC TT when he's around visiting family - a couple of people I know in the Maldon say he is the nicest pro-athlete they've met - but I guess you don't get to meet too many pro athletes out on the Essex coast! They said he rides past them as if they're standing still, and they're no slouches :-)

In a 10 mile TT that started and finished at Six Mile Bottom he recorded 17 min 20 seconds, a British record, seriously quick for an out and back TT course.
Edit - 34.62 MPH average speed over the 10 miles.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 14:29]
Some interesting cycling news on 14:35 - Jul 9 with 773 viewsKeno

Some interesting cycling news on 14:27 - Jul 9 by Basuco

In a 10 mile TT that started and finished at Six Mile Bottom he recorded 17 min 20 seconds, a British record, seriously quick for an out and back TT course.

Pah!! I can drive it quicker than that

Some interesting cycling news on 14:43 - Jul 9 with 768 viewsEwan_Oozami

That'd be the E2/10 course - fastest I've ever done that is 24min 20sec - those E2 courses on the A14/A505 (10/25/50 miles), etc, are considered some of the fastest in the UK, despite being out and back courses..

Some interesting cycling news on 17:56 - Jul 9 with 727 viewsTractorWood

He had the hour record for a bit as well I think.

I remember that cracking win he had in the 2013 Giro when Wiggins was flying.

Really good TT rider.

Some interesting cycling news on 18:29 - Jul 9 with 710 viewsstonojnr

Some interesting cycling news on 12:17 - Jul 9 by Ewan_Oozami

and by "joing" you mean been riding for them for 7 months already...
Some interesting cycling news on 18:37 - Jul 9 with 707 viewsstonojnr

Some interesting cycling news on 10:55 - Jul 9 by Basuco

well no if its based on current form, then "past his best" is irrelevant, his best only has to be better than the current form of the rest.

the reality is Bernal is their team leader for the TdF, as holder its his race to choose to ride, G and Froome are effective backup leaders, but a team cant work effectively with too many chiefs on their books, this is Movistars perpetual problem, Ineos couldnt guarantee Froome team leader status going to any of the grand tours,and no doubt wanted to pay him an amount that matched that uncertainty.

yes its arguably a final glory deal in footballing terms, but dont discount him, much like Rooney at Derby, no one can afford not to mark Froome in a race, that will disrupt Ineos plans.
Some interesting cycling news on 20:07 - Jul 9 with 678 viewsTractorWood

Some interesting cycling news on 12:46 - Jul 9 by Ewan_Oozami

I had a 10k pootle with Laura Massey once in West Suffolk. She was just out solo. I tried to drop her up my favourite little blast and she was unbelievably strong.

To my credit I had no idea it was her until we started chatting after I tried to drop her.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024