Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then 14:49 - Jul 9 with 1860 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don't know if people have been following the last couple of days events around the NI/GB border, but it doesn't make for reassuring reading.

We've gone from the baseless claims of Boris last year:
'No checks on goods from NI to UK, says PM'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-50430815

To this, released today:
'Up to £25m to help firms prepare for 'Irish Sea border''
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-53346971

It's even dawned on Liz Truss that things aren't going too well.
'Leaked Liz Truss letter warns that Boris Johnson's Brexit border plans risk smuggling, legal challenge, and global reputational damage'
https://www.businessinsider.com/leaked-liz-truss-letter-boris-johnson-brexit-bor

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 15:01 - Jul 9 with 1816 viewsElephantintheRoom

That is only one third of the problem. The EU are certain to act on their border responsibilities, despite our world leading border technology that doesnt exist but will be in place and working seemlessly at the end of the year.....

And the WTO are yet to allow anyone to trade on WTO terms with the UK, even as our worldwide EU trade deals are about to expire

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 15:08 - Jul 9 with 1789 viewsmonytowbray

The Russian world plan based on the book Foundations Of Geopolitics is in full swing now.

Good thing our PM isn’t being brought with Russian money and his advisor doesn’t have a shadowy period in the 90s where he did business whilst residing in Russia or anything 🤷‍♂️

Soon the lefty bum fest will be in a work camp, see you on the other side hopefully...

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 15:09 - Jul 9 with 1782 viewsSwansea_Blue

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 15:01 - Jul 9 by ElephantintheRoom

That is only one third of the problem. The EU are certain to act on their border responsibilities, despite our world leading border technology that doesnt exist but will be in place and working seemlessly at the end of the year.....

And the WTO are yet to allow anyone to trade on WTO terms with the UK, even as our worldwide EU trade deals are about to expire

I believe the EU have already had trial runs on their new customs systems for the UK, yet we're still at the thinking about it stage. I think I'm right on that, there was something about it last week. Sounds about right for us.

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 15:10 - Jul 9 with 1781 viewsElderGrizzly

And this of course

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 15:12 - Jul 9 with 1776 viewstractordownsouth

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 15:10 - Jul 9 by ElderGrizzly

And this of course

Wait, so the Tories, led by Boris Johnson, were lying about their public service committments?

Surely not...

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 15:14 - Jul 9 with 1773 viewstractordownsouth

I don't think the realities have sunk in yet. If you look at election polling, it seems to have reached a ceiling over the past month - the Tories are on around 42% with a 4 point lead. It seems that people are still voting along Brexit lines - until it actually happens, I don't think this will change.

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 15:22 - Jul 9 with 1758 viewsSwansea_Blue

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 15:14 - Jul 9 by tractordownsouth

I don't think the realities have sunk in yet. If you look at election polling, it seems to have reached a ceiling over the past month - the Tories are on around 42% with a 4 point lead. It seems that people are still voting along Brexit lines - until it actually happens, I don't think this will change.

It'll be interesting in January. It's the first time we haven't had the legal opportunity to extend a decision date. We are leaving the SM and all that entails as things stand and we have to be ready. It looks like we're nowhere near on track, although I imagine there'll be a lot of last minute scrambling to get things in place. But they don't have the benefit of a safety blanket. Things have to be ready on 1st Jan (a public holiday).

I foresee carnage!

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 15:48 - Jul 9 with 1726 viewsGeoffSentence

You miserable fwcker.

What about the blitz spirit?

We'll pull through we always do.

Stiff upper lip and all that.

Tally Ho!

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 16:28 - Jul 9 with 1654 viewstractordownsouth

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 15:48 - Jul 9 by GeoffSentence

You miserable fwcker.

Tally Ho!

On a serious note, it's baffling the number of people who suggest Brexit will be alright because we got through the war... Saying it won't be as bad as a conflict which killed almost half a million British citizens is as ridiculous as it is irresponsible

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 17:04 - Jul 9 with 1593 viewsGeoffSentence

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 16:28 - Jul 9 by tractordownsouth

On a serious note, it's baffling the number of people who suggest Brexit will be alright because we got through the war... Saying it won't be as bad as a conflict which killed almost half a million British citizens is as ridiculous as it is irresponsible

We really need to put the wars behind us now. Time to let go and start looking forward instead of back to that mythical golden age. Hanging on to it holds us back.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 17:16 - Jul 9 with 1562 viewsfactual_blue

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 15:48 - Jul 9 by GeoffSentence

You miserable fwcker.

Tally Ho!

The Blitz Spirit was characterised by a vast crime way, particularly of looting from bombed properties and even corpses.

in the five months from October 1939, around 5,000 people in London were prosecuted for looting. When bombs hit Piccadilly, the emergency services had to more or less fight their way through crowds of looters.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 17:17 - Jul 9 with 1555 viewsfactual_blue

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 15:22 - Jul 9 by Swansea_Blue

It'll be interesting in January. It's the first time we haven't had the legal opportunity to extend a decision date. We are leaving the SM and all that entails as things stand and we have to be ready. It looks like we're nowhere near on track, although I imagine there'll be a lot of last minute scrambling to get things in place. But they don't have the benefit of a safety blanket. Things have to be ready on 1st Jan (a public holiday).

I foresee carnage!

It's OK - we have blue passports.

Or possibly black.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 17:41 - Jul 9 with 1524 viewsPlums

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 16:28 - Jul 9 by tractordownsouth

Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of citizens of other countries without whom we’d have absolutely stuffed. It’s a very narrow, cynical view of what happened.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 17:45 - Jul 9 with 1517 viewsfooters

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 17:16 - Jul 9 by factual_blue

The Blitz Spirit was characterised by a vast crime way, particularly of looting from bombed properties and even corpses.

in the five months from October 1939, around 5,000 people in London were prosecuted for looting. When bombs hit Piccadilly, the emergency services had to more or less fight their way through crowds of looters.

There was also a pretty lively trade in fresh meat from some quarters too. In Nigeria and other locales, I believe it's referred to as 'long pig'...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 17:46 - Jul 9 with 1509 viewspatrickswell

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 17:17 - Jul 9 by factual_blue

It's OK - we have blue passports.

Or possibly black.

Made by a French firm.
Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 18:03 - Jul 9 with 1465 viewsSeablu

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 17:45 - Jul 9 by footers

There was also a pretty lively trade in fresh meat from some quarters too. In Nigeria and other locales, I believe it's referred to as 'long pig'...

Is that where Richard Hawley's former group got their name?
Never thought about it before.
Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 20:10 - Jul 9 with 1347 viewsjeera

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 17:46 - Jul 9 by patrickswell

Made by a French firm.

Is it definitely a French firm?

I know it was reported to be early doors, but then it was widely reported to be a Polish firm.

I hope it's the French one cos I know a bit of French.

I won't understand any of it if it's in Polish.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 20:12 - Jul 9 with 1342 viewsbluelagos

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 20:10 - Jul 9 by jeera

Is it definitely a French firm?

I know it was reported to be early doors, but then it was widely reported to be a Polish firm.

I hope it's the French one cos I know a bit of French.

I won't understand any of it if it's in Polish.

I thought it was a Dutch firm, with a French name. But defo not Polish!

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 20:19 - Jul 9 with 1319 viewsbluelagos

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 20:12 - Jul 9 by bluelagos

I thought it was a Dutch firm, with a French name. But defo not Polish!

Just googled it

A Franco-Dutch company based in Poland

Everyone's a winner 😊

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 20:22 - Jul 9 with 1305 viewsClapham_Junction

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 20:19 - Jul 9 by bluelagos

Just googled it

Everyone's a winner 😊

Except us of course.
Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 20:23 - Jul 9 with 1301 viewsjeera

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 20:19 - Jul 9 by bluelagos

Just googled it

Everyone's a winner 😊

So that's 3 sodding languages we've got to learn just to use our own passports.

This can't be right - I'm outraged I tell ya.

Gotta be that EU interfering.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 22:19 - Jul 9 with 1210 viewsjaykay

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 15:08 - Jul 9 by monytowbray

The Russian world plan based on the book Foundations Of Geopolitics is in full swing now.

Good thing our PM isn’t being brought with Russian money and his advisor doesn’t have a shadowy period in the 90s where he did business whilst residing in Russia or anything 🤷‍♂️

Soon the lefty bum fest will be in a work camp, see you on the other side hopefully...

yeah but corbyn or some other right wing trope. this one the best, its what we voted for, get it done

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 09:14 - Jul 10 with 1011 viewsitfc_bucks

Some Brexit realities slowly starting to sink in then on 20:23 - Jul 9 by jeera

So that's 3 sodding languages we've got to learn just to use our own passports.

This can't be right - I'm outraged I tell ya.

Gotta be that EU interfering.

I also gather that the "smart" element of the passport doesn't work at the scanners.

Which is obviously good fun!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024