Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town's new shirt 18:41 - Jul 9 with 1176 viewstimmy2guns

Sorry this needs more debate so posting here, - how is this a sustainable shirt when it is changed every year!

Town Launch Sustainable Away Kit 9th Jul 2020 14:15
Town have launched a new pale blue away kit for the 2020/21 season, which they say is their most sustainable ever with recycled waste having gone into the manufacturing process. 49

Town's new shirt on 18:54 - Jul 9 with 1129 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Do you not understand the manufacturing process?

So there’s no benefit to the environment making THIS shirt then in a far more sustainable way just because we will chase it in the future.

That’s like saying there’s no point eating fair trade chocolate because you’ll crap it out just the same in two days.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Town's new shirt on 18:58 - Jul 9 with 1105 viewsJ4ck22

More debate than the several threads already made about it?
Town's new shirt on 19:02 - Jul 9 with 1093 viewssticklegs

It sounds like marketing claptrap to me.
Changing the shirts every year is a classic example of the wasteful process of fast fashion. These things are still made in out-sourced, third world factories, by workers on low wages with poor working conditions. They’re shipped across the world, worn a few dozen times and then left to languish in the back of wardrobes, because they’re last year’s model!
Unfortunately, despite knowing this, I have been known to buy them...but usually off EBay a few years later!
Town's new shirt on 19:03 - Jul 9 with 1085 viewsCoco

It’s a football shirt. Second kit. Who gives a f...

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Town's new shirt on 19:05 - Jul 9 with 1086 viewsSitfcB

New away kit is interesting by Steve_M 9 Jul 2020 14:07
It's nicely done by ITFC and Adidas.

However "Our most sustainable kit ever" will presumably only have a one season lifespan.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Town's new shirt on 19:43 - Jul 9 with 1006 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Town's new shirt on 20:00 - Jul 9 with 971 viewsTractorWood

Town's new shirt on 19:02 - Jul 9 by sticklegs

It sounds like marketing claptrap to me.
Changing the shirts every year is a classic example of the wasteful process of fast fashion. These things are still made in out-sourced, third world factories, by workers on low wages with poor working conditions. They’re shipped across the world, worn a few dozen times and then left to languish in the back of wardrobes, because they’re last year’s model!
Unfortunately, despite knowing this, I have been known to buy them...but usually off EBay a few years later!

A usually buy them for £15 towards the end of the season.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Town's new shirt on 18:10 - Jul 12 with 692 viewsShawsey

Town's new shirt on 19:03 - Jul 9 by Coco

It’s a football shirt. Second kit. Who gives a f...

I like it. Looks good. I shall get one as soon as I can. Different. Just hope we can have a team worthy of wearing it.
Login to get fewer ads

Town's new shirt on 18:30 - Jul 12 with 653 viewshoppy

I think it's more sustainable due to lasting a lot longer... as in, I think it's so hideous that they're bound to have loads left and included in the Planet Blue sale for years to come...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024