Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I didn’t realise Joe Royle and son are involved at Wigan... 23:01 - Jul 9 with 1106 viewsLibero

I just listened to this Tifo podcast explaining the whole bizarre situation, blow by blow.

Turns out Joe and son, Darren, are involved in the early stages...
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 23:01]
I didn’t realise Joe Royle and son are involved at Wigan... on 08:43 - Jul 10 with 890 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It's been mentioned a few times on here. Apparently Joe and his son looked around Portman road with their lovely buyers.

...posters on here bemoaned the fact the Wigan got bought and not us.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I didn’t realise Joe Royle and son are involved at Wigan... on 09:08 - Jul 10 with 870 viewsPhilTWTD

I didn’t realise Joe Royle and son are involved at Wigan... on 08:43 - Jul 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

It's been mentioned a few times on here. Apparently Joe and his son looked around Portman road with their lovely buyers.

They did but not with the intention of buying the club according to Milts, who was the one who showed them around.

Wigan Owners Were Given Tour of Town - But With No Intention of Buying the Club 10th Jul 2019 17:32
Wigan Athletic owners International Entertaining Corporation (IEC) were given a tour of Portman Road and Playford Road prior to their purchase of the Latics - but without having any intention of taking over the Blues. 10

I didn’t realise Joe Royle and son are involved at Wigan... on 09:09 - Jul 10 with 864 viewsLibero

I didn’t realise Joe Royle and son are involved at Wigan... on 08:43 - Jul 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm guessing you haven't read the story or listened to the podcast linked?

Royle and son had no part to play in the half of the board who plunged Wigan into administration on the day that they purchased it...
I didn’t realise Joe Royle and son are involved at Wigan... on 10:26 - Jul 10 with 781 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I didn’t realise Joe Royle and son are involved at Wigan... on 09:08 - Jul 10 by PhilTWTD

They did but not with the intention of buying the club according to Milts, who was the one who showed them around.

Wigan Owners Were Given Tour of Town - But With No Intention of Buying the Club 10th Jul 2019 17:32
Wigan Athletic owners International Entertaining Corporation (IEC) were given a tour of Portman Road and Playford Road prior to their purchase of the Latics - but without having any intention of taking over the Blues. 10

This.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I didn’t realise Joe Royle and son are involved at Wigan... on 10:27 - Jul 10 with 788 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I didn’t realise Joe Royle and son are involved at Wigan... on 09:09 - Jul 10 by Libero

I'm guessing you haven't read the story or listened to the podcast linked?

Royle and son had no part to play in the half of the board who plunged Wigan into administration on the day that they purchased it...

The party that bought the club originally and the party that put them into admin were no doubt part of the same scam.

https://mobile.twitter.com/marksparko/status/1279000646335836163
[Post edited 10 Jul 2020 10:30]

I didn’t realise Joe Royle and son are involved at Wigan... on 10:32 - Jul 10 with 770 viewsLibero

I didn’t realise Joe Royle and son are involved at Wigan... on 10:27 - Jul 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

The party that bought the club originally and the party that put them into admin were no doubt part of the same scam.

https://mobile.twitter.com/marksparko/status/1279000646335836163
[Post edited 10 Jul 2020 10:30]

Again, technically nothing to do with Joe or Darren Royle.

I think you're confusing rumour and speculation with what is currently known.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2020 10:34]
I didn’t realise Joe Royle and son are involved at Wigan... on 10:35 - Jul 10 with 754 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I didn’t realise Joe Royle and son are involved at Wigan... on 10:32 - Jul 10 by Libero

Again, technically nothing to do with Joe or Darren Royle.

I think you're confusing rumour and speculation with what is currently known.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2020 10:34]

Apart from Darren brokered the IEC deal, introducing Stanley Choi to the club.

I think they are pretty entangled in that sorry mess.

I didn’t realise Joe Royle and son are involved at Wigan... on 10:36 - Jul 10 with 754 viewsLibero

I didn’t realise Joe Royle and son are involved at Wigan... on 10:35 - Jul 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

Apart from Darren brokered the IEC deal, introducing Stanley Choi to the club.

I think they are pretty entangled in that sorry mess.

I'm basing this purely on what is known, not the speculation about the current owner/his motivations/etc.

Give the podcast a listen.
Login to get fewer ads

I didn’t realise Joe Royle and son are involved at Wigan... on 10:38 - Jul 10 with 742 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I didn’t realise Joe Royle and son are involved at Wigan... on 10:36 - Jul 10 by Libero

I'm basing this purely on what is known, not the speculation about the current owner/his motivations/etc.

Give the podcast a listen.

I will do later when I have time to spare.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2020 10:39]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024