Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The players released by league 1 clubs 12:38 - Jul 10 with 2256 viewsKieranMcKenna1

Quite a few good players here.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterbor

Poll: Are you Mick out or Mick in?

The players released by league 1 clubs on 12:48 - Jul 10 with 2195 viewsIllinoisblue

Bolton not impressed with Josh Emanuel then

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The players released by league 1 clubs on 12:54 - Jul 10 with 2177 viewsLibero

Players on that list that interest me that I think we could reasonably compete for...

Anthony Wordsworth,
Jason Lowe,
Alex Woodyard,
Ryan McLaughlin,
Duncan Watmore,
Tommy Smith,

I also think Ollie Hawkins who was released by Portsmouth would be a fair target.
The players released by league 1 clubs on 12:58 - Jul 10 with 2146 viewsclive_baker

The players released by league 1 clubs on 12:48 - Jul 10 by Illinoisblue

Bolton not impressed with Josh Emanuel then

Nor Wimbledon, with Dylan Connolly.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The players released by league 1 clubs on 12:58 - Jul 10 with 2141 viewsgainsboroughblue

Article says we haven't announced retained list. I thought we had?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

The players released by league 1 clubs on 13:07 - Jul 10 with 2108 viewsKieranMcKenna1

Gnanduillet and Sadlier would be my picks to replace Keane and Rowe.

Poll: Are you Mick out or Mick in?

The players released by league 1 clubs on 13:14 - Jul 10 with 2068 viewsclive_baker

The players released by league 1 clubs on 12:54 - Jul 10 by Libero

Players on that list that interest me that I think we could reasonably compete for...

Anthony Wordsworth,
Jason Lowe,
Alex Woodyard,
Ryan McLaughlin,
Duncan Watmore,
Tommy Smith,

I also think Ollie Hawkins who was released by Portsmouth would be a fair target.

No chance of getting him here but Armand Gnanduillet would be an excellent signing.

Agree re. Watmore, I think he's lively, would definitely take a punt on him if he could prove his fitness.

The players released by league 1 clubs on 13:18 - Jul 10 with 2046 viewsPhilTWTD

The players released by league 1 clubs on 12:58 - Jul 10 by gainsboroughblue

Article says we haven't announced retained list. I thought we had?

We did but said those released - Rowe, Keane, Roberts - could still be offered terms later on down the line.
The players released by league 1 clubs on 13:46 - Jul 10 with 1979 viewsLibero

The players released by league 1 clubs on 13:14 - Jul 10 by clive_baker

No chance of getting him here but Armand Gnanduillet would be an excellent signing.

Agree re. Watmore, I think he's lively, would definitely take a punt on him if he could prove his fitness.

I've seen a few posters mention him, I haven't seen him play!

Watmore could be Waghorn-esqe for us, needs to get away from Sunderland.
Login to get fewer ads

The players released by league 1 clubs on 13:57 - Jul 10 with 1946 viewsclive_baker

The players released by league 1 clubs on 13:46 - Jul 10 by Libero

I've seen a few posters mention him, I haven't seen him play!

Watmore could be Waghorn-esqe for us, needs to get away from Sunderland.

He's looked really deec when I've seen him. Physical, hard working, big and strong, real handful but also got good feet and can finish. Lazy comparison given his Ivorian roots but think of a poor mans Drogba. Suspect he's got his eyes on the Championship now to be fair, if he stays in the UK.

Yeah Watmore is busy, I like busy. Definitely needs to get away from Sunderland for a fresh start.

The players released by league 1 clubs on 13:58 - Jul 10 with 1936 viewsLibero

The players released by league 1 clubs on 13:57 - Jul 10 by clive_baker

He's looked really deec when I've seen him. Physical, hard working, big and strong, real handful but also got good feet and can finish. Lazy comparison given his Ivorian roots but think of a poor mans Drogba. Suspect he's got his eyes on the Championship now to be fair, if he stays in the UK.

Yeah Watmore is busy, I like busy. Definitely needs to get away from Sunderland for a fresh start.

Sounds quite the catch.

Talking of Blackpool, did any one ever sign Curtis Tilt? If not why not?

Last I heard he was linked to Rangers after we signed defensive stalwart Toto Nsiala.
The players released by league 1 clubs on 14:00 - Jul 10 with 1933 viewsCoco

we should be picking up youth players released from prem clubs imo

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

The players released by league 1 clubs on 14:02 - Jul 10 with 1930 viewsJackPITFC

Armand Gnanduillet
Sean Scannell
Remi Matthews
Marcus Maddison
Alex Woodyard
Tommy Smith
The players released by league 1 clubs on 14:02 - Jul 10 with 1925 viewsLibero

The players released by league 1 clubs on 14:00 - Jul 10 by Coco

we should be picking up youth players released from prem clubs imo

Why's that?

It would only serve to block the pathway of our own very good youth prospects.

In my opinion we should purely be looking to sign players who would improve the first eleven or offer something in a role/position that isn't already in the squad.

In an ideal world I think we need 4 additions, 5 if you're of the opinion another goalkeeper is required.
The players released by league 1 clubs on 14:03 - Jul 10 with 1924 viewsJackPITFC

The players released by league 1 clubs on 13:58 - Jul 10 by Libero

Sounds quite the catch.

Talking of Blackpool, did any one ever sign Curtis Tilt? If not why not?

Last I heard he was linked to Rangers after we signed defensive stalwart Toto Nsiala.

Rotherham signed him in January mate.
The players released by league 1 clubs on 14:11 - Jul 10 with 1904 viewsLibero

The players released by league 1 clubs on 14:03 - Jul 10 by JackPITFC

Rotherham signed him in January mate.

Crikey, I'd expected him to make a move to a club with somewhat more prestige.
I know he's at the wrong end of his 20's but he really is a classy ball playing defender, I wonder what stopped other clubs from making a move in the end.
The players released by league 1 clubs on 14:18 - Jul 10 with 1880 viewshadleighboyblue

The players released by league 1 clubs on 13:18 - Jul 10 by PhilTWTD

We did but said those released - Rowe, Keane, Roberts - could still be offered terms later on down the line.

Hopefully we move on from these players and look at bringing in someone new . All 3 were disappointing
The players released by league 1 clubs on 14:30 - Jul 10 with 1847 viewsCoco

The players released by league 1 clubs on 14:02 - Jul 10 by Libero

Why's that?

It would only serve to block the pathway of our own very good youth prospects.

In my opinion we should purely be looking to sign players who would improve the first eleven or offer something in a role/position that isn't already in the squad.

In an ideal world I think we need 4 additions, 5 if you're of the opinion another goalkeeper is required.

I don't mean wholesale signings, just top potential that has fallen through the net to compliment what we have. If Anthony Georgiou was released for example, could be a useful addition (agree he hardly set the world alight but you get my drift).

Agree we need to add proper hard b'stards who can carry the fight as we desperately lack any kind of character!

What players did Sheff United sign? I know they actually had James Wilson but they made some shrewd picks like John Fleck.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

The players released by league 1 clubs on 14:35 - Jul 10 with 1826 viewsLibero

The players released by league 1 clubs on 14:30 - Jul 10 by Coco

I don't mean wholesale signings, just top potential that has fallen through the net to compliment what we have. If Anthony Georgiou was released for example, could be a useful addition (agree he hardly set the world alight but you get my drift).

Agree we need to add proper hard b'stards who can carry the fight as we desperately lack any kind of character!

What players did Sheff United sign? I know they actually had James Wilson but they made some shrewd picks like John Fleck.

I just think that as a club we need to focus on our one USP and strength which is the Academy, the pathway to the first team and giving opportunities to young players.

If we're going to pick up Premier League "youngsters" to supplement the first team then they need to be more along the lines of Jamie Clapham when Burley signed him from Spurs, than Anthony Georgiou who failed to impress in what could have been considered a bit of a trail when he was on loan.

I'd love to see us sign a really nasty niggly centre midfielder to partner Downes. Someone who can play a bit but has an arrogance and attitude.
Problem is I can't think of any that'd fit our wage bracket...

I'd happily see Garbutt come back, obviously he's 27 so a bit beyond "youngster" but the last thing I want is to see players like Georgiou taking up wages for the first team and blocking pathways for our own lads.
The players released by league 1 clubs on 14:39 - Jul 10 with 1814 viewsCoco

The players released by league 1 clubs on 14:35 - Jul 10 by Libero

I just think that as a club we need to focus on our one USP and strength which is the Academy, the pathway to the first team and giving opportunities to young players.

If we're going to pick up Premier League "youngsters" to supplement the first team then they need to be more along the lines of Jamie Clapham when Burley signed him from Spurs, than Anthony Georgiou who failed to impress in what could have been considered a bit of a trail when he was on loan.

I'd love to see us sign a really nasty niggly centre midfielder to partner Downes. Someone who can play a bit but has an arrogance and attitude.
Problem is I can't think of any that'd fit our wage bracket...

I'd happily see Garbutt come back, obviously he's 27 so a bit beyond "youngster" but the last thing I want is to see players like Georgiou taking up wages for the first team and blocking pathways for our own lads.

agree. I did actually think of Clapham and would use anything to back up Burley's philosophy. How Burley ran the club (final prem year aside in hindsight) is EXACTLY how this club can thrive and is how it has always thrived.

The players released by league 1 clubs on 15:55 - Jul 10 with 1665 viewsLibero

The players released by league 1 clubs on 14:39 - Jul 10 by Coco

agree. I did actually think of Clapham and would use anything to back up Burley's philosophy. How Burley ran the club (final prem year aside in hindsight) is EXACTLY how this club can thrive and is how it has always thrived.

There's only one man for the job.

[Post edited 10 Jul 2020 15:55]
The players released by league 1 clubs on 16:09 - Jul 10 with 1618 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Not much there in my opinion.

Armand Gnanduillet is right in your face! Kieran Sadlier is a good winger but wouldn’t have thought we’d need him.

CB - Alim Ozturk and Tommy Smith the obvious candidates.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

The players released by league 1 clubs on 22:10 - Aug 13 with 1078 viewsLibero

The players released by league 1 clubs on 12:54 - Jul 10 by Libero

Anthony Wordsworth,
Jason Lowe,
Alex Woodyard,
Ryan McLaughlin,
Duncan Watmore,
Tommy Smith,

Wheyyyy, called it! - grab a few others on the list PRP and I’ll be claiming a scouting fee.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024