Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When was the last time we beat a decent side? 17:56 - Jul 10 with 1695 viewsmidastouch

By that I don't mean Tranmere or Burton!

Leeds perhaps?

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 18:37 - Jul 10 with 1621 viewsCokeIsKey

Arsenal 2011

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 18:59 - Jul 10 with 1585 viewsWickets

Always remember Liverpool away Marcus Stewart . Won 1-0 .
When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 19:09 - Jul 10 with 1566 viewsGeoffSentence

Swansea away, Championship relegation season.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 19:12 - Jul 10 with 1563 viewsmidastouch

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 19:09 - Jul 10 by GeoffSentence

Swansea away, Championship relegation season.

That was a pretty fortunate win if I recall, they missed a bucket of chances. I remember Chalobah scoring. I think it was a case of 3 points nicked or am I being unfair?

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 19:24 - Jul 10 with 1542 viewsmidastouch

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 18:59 - Jul 10 by Wickets

Always remember Liverpool away Marcus Stewart . Won 1-0 .

Didn't McGreal score against them? I think he might of been an Everton fan, I can't remember for sure though.

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 19:26 - Jul 10 with 1537 viewsmidastouch

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 18:37 - Jul 10 by CokeIsKey

Arsenal 2011

And along came Roy Keane! I remember when Carlos Edwards had a chance to put us 2 up. And that overhead by Priskin, offside but still lovely technique! And Fabregas had sour grapes after saying we play more like rugby than football!

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 19:45 - Jul 10 with 1507 viewsGarv

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 19:12 - Jul 10 by midastouch

That was a pretty fortunate win if I recall, they missed a bucket of chances. I remember Chalobah scoring. I think it was a case of 3 points nicked or am I being unfair?

I don't think so. We scored two decent ish first half goals, Sears also missed a glorious chance one on one before those when Dozzell sent him clear. Pretty sure we wasted a good second half chance ourselves. We had a bit of luck but I never felt like our goal was being peppered.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 19:55 - Jul 10 with 1498 viewsSwansea_Blue

I find these games hard to call. They had a bucket load of possession without doing a lot with it (that's been typical of Swansea last couple of years). Lots of half chances but lacked a cutting edge. Luckily they were vulnerable from set pieces last season, so I think we deserved it in terms of making the most of our fewer chances (Was it only last season? Seems like a lifetime ago).

They've sorted out set pieces and getting caught on the break under Cooper, so the same game this season we'd probably have got hammered. But as it was, we made things happen, took or chances and deserved it.

It's the last time I saw us win in about 8 attempts. I was at PR for the reverse fixture and we never came out of the changing rooms that day. And, not interestingly, it was the only time I I've ever sat in the away crowd at FPR. I was down with the family and they're all Swansea fans, so I didn't want to leave the missus with the kids on her own. The North Stand stayed on long after the final whistle to support the team (and Lambert), even though we'd been sh*t. It was pretty moving actually. I went back up into the stand as soon as I heard the celebrations, and was the last one left in the away end long after everyone else had gone. The stewards had to kick me out - they must have thought I was nuts lol.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 20:00 - Jul 10 with 1493 viewsRonFearonsHair

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 19:24 - Jul 10 by midastouch

Didn't McGreal score against them? I think he might of been an Everton fan, I can't remember for sure though.

Other way around I think. Scored away at Everton as a Liverpool fan.

I do remember at Anfield either Owen or Heskey being one-on-one at our goal at the Kop End and McGreal somehow making up 10-20 yards to slide tackle out for a corner. It felt like it was celebrated as though we had scored.
When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 20:02 - Jul 10 with 1489 viewsmidastouch

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 19:45 - Jul 10 by Garv

I don't think so. We scored two decent ish first half goals, Sears also missed a glorious chance one on one before those when Dozzell sent him clear. Pretty sure we wasted a good second half chance ourselves. We had a bit of luck but I never felt like our goal was being peppered.

You are probably right I think. Just looked it up. They had a bundle of shots but only 3 on target. See here:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45688427
And just like Swansea_Blue said, loads of possession at 73%. Clearly they lacked cutting edge!
I wasn't there and only listened on the radio. Sounded like an onslaught at times on the radio but would have needed to have been there to know for more certain.

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 20:12 - Jul 10 with 1470 viewsPinewoodblue

Leeds, if you could call them decent.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 20:25 - Jul 10 with 1457 viewsOldsmoker

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 20:12 - Jul 10 by Pinewoodblue

Leeds, if you could call them decent.

You can't.
Dirty's the word, Dirty's their game.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 21:02 - Jul 10 with 1425 viewsLibero

We beat Newcastle in their promotion season, last day of the season. Anything since then? Anyone?
When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 21:15 - Jul 10 with 1414 viewsPlums

We only beat Leeds because Bielsa couldn’t work out what The hell he was watching when viewing training from the hedge at Playford Road.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 21:17 - Jul 10 with 1408 viewsmidastouch

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 21:02 - Jul 10 by Libero

We beat Newcastle in their promotion season, last day of the season. Anything since then? Anyone?

Been a couple of half-hearted fist pumps since but not much else I'm afraid!

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 22:10 - Jul 10 with 1349 viewsGeoffSentence

That is entirely fair. I would be surprised if we had more than the three shots that we scored with.

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 22:12 - Jul 10 with 1348 viewsGeoffSentence

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 20:02 - Jul 10 by midastouch

You are probably right I think. Just looked it up. They had a bundle of shots but only 3 on target. See here:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45688427
And just like Swansea_Blue said, loads of possession at 73%. Clearly they lacked cutting edge!
I wasn't there and only listened on the radio. Sounded like an onslaught at times on the radio but would have needed to have been there to know for more certain.

As it sounded like an onslaught you must have been listening to Brenner Woolley

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 22:30 - Jul 10 with 1320 viewsmidastouch

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 22:12 - Jul 10 by GeoffSentence

As it sounded like an onslaught you must have been listening to Brenner Woolley

That's the one. Ever since he took over at Radio Suffolk we've gone from bad to worse. He's a jinx!

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 22:59 - Jul 10 with 1281 viewsmidastouch

And when was the last time we won on the TV not counting ITV4?

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 10:11 - Jul 11 with 1155 viewsBent_double

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 22:30 - Jul 10 by midastouch

That's the one. Ever since he took over at Radio Suffolk we've gone from bad to worse. He's a jinx!

I honestly think there is something in this, can the BBC transfer him over to radio Norfolk, see what happens there?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 10:19 - Jul 11 with 1144 viewsJakeITFC

I thought Fleetwood were quite good when we went there in October/November last year.
When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 10:30 - Jul 11 with 1136 viewsLibero

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 10:11 - Jul 11 by Bent_double

I honestly think there is something in this, can the BBC transfer him over to radio Norfolk, see what happens there?

Just send him wherever McCarthy ends up, I thought Brenner was going to offer him a handy under the table every press conference.
His sycophantic laughter and enthusiastic nodding at every other word Mick said was unbelievably cringe.
When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 10:37 - Jul 11 with 1132 viewsSuperblue95

When was the last time we beat a decent side? on 19:55 - Jul 10 by Swansea_Blue

I find these games hard to call. They had a bucket load of possession without doing a lot with it (that's been typical of Swansea last couple of years). Lots of half chances but lacked a cutting edge. Luckily they were vulnerable from set pieces last season, so I think we deserved it in terms of making the most of our fewer chances (Was it only last season? Seems like a lifetime ago).

They've sorted out set pieces and getting caught on the break under Cooper, so the same game this season we'd probably have got hammered. But as it was, we made things happen, took or chances and deserved it.

It's the last time I saw us win in about 8 attempts. I was at PR for the reverse fixture and we never came out of the changing rooms that day. And, not interestingly, it was the only time I I've ever sat in the away crowd at FPR. I was down with the family and they're all Swansea fans, so I didn't want to leave the missus with the kids on her own. The North Stand stayed on long after the final whistle to support the team (and Lambert), even though we'd been sh*t. It was pretty moving actually. I went back up into the stand as soon as I heard the celebrations, and was the last one left in the away end long after everyone else had gone. The stewards had to kick me out - they must have thought I was nuts lol.

That home game against Swansea was one of the worst games I’ve ever been to. Swansea were absolutely useless but we still somehow managed to be worse. To make things worse Wayne Routledge scores the winner, I can’t have been the only person who thought he’d retired about 5 years before that!

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024