Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Imagine... 20:15 - Jul 10 with 1106 viewsLibero

Starting a thread about cancel culture and how a classic comedy from 20 years ago would be too much for the snowflakes today to take, only to report a direct quote from said show as abuse and have the person’s posts pulled from the thread in question...

He’s thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?
Imagine... on 20:19 - Jul 10 with 1067 viewsSpruceMoose

Seems like a slight overreaction so it does.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Imagine... on 20:24 - Jul 10 with 1056 viewsLibero

Imagine... on 20:19 - Jul 10 by SpruceMoose

Seems like a slight overreaction so it does.

Imagine... on 20:27 - Jul 10 with 1040 viewsSpruceMoose

Imagine... on 20:24 - Jul 10 by Libero

I rewatched The Office a while back and had forgotten how much of a brilliant but brutal, desolate and mean spirited show it was.

Didn't help that I'd just watched the US Office, which is an entirely different show but just as great in its own way.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Imagine... on 20:28 - Jul 10 with 1038 viewsDubtractor

Imagine... on 20:27 - Jul 10 by SpruceMoose

I rewatched The Office a while back and had forgotten how much of a brilliant but brutal, desolate and mean spirited show it was.

Didn't help that I'd just watched the US Office, which is an entirely different show but just as great in its own way.

I love both, Mrs Dub actually prefers the US version because the UK one is, as you say, brutal and mean spirited.

She does like the UK one, but loved the US version.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Imagine... on 20:30 - Jul 10 with 1035 viewsLibero

Imagine... on 20:27 - Jul 10 by SpruceMoose

It’s the greatest, I’ve watched it countless times and every time me and my mates go on the lash it’s essentially a competition as to who can crowbar in the most obscure office quotes all sesh.

And that’s crufts.
Imagine... on 20:30 - Jul 10 with 1033 viewsSpruceMoose

Imagine... on 20:28 - Jul 10 by Dubtractor

I love both, Mrs Dub actually prefers the US version because the UK one is, as you say, brutal and mean spirited.

I think that it helps that the US version has a bajillion episodes, so you have that much more time to get drawn into that world and attached to the characters. I'd actually forgotten how short the UK version was until I rewatched it.

Imagine... on 20:32 - Jul 10 with 1030 viewsLibero

Imagine... on 20:28 - Jul 10 by Dubtractor

U.S Office is great once it gets past the scene for scene remake of the UK Office, I do think they longed it out a bit much though, there wasn’t much after Carrell left that was of the high standard they’d previously set.
Imagine... on 20:38 - Jul 10 with 1004 viewseastangliaisblue

Imagine... on 20:24 - Jul 10 by Libero

There's none so qu33r as folk, or David Brent."
Login to get fewer ads

Imagine... on 20:40 - Jul 10 with 998 viewsLibero

Imagine... on 20:38 - Jul 10 by eastangliaisblue

There's none so qu33r as folk, or David Brent."

“Screwwwww, Blockbusters!”
[Post edited 10 Jul 2020 20:40]
Imagine... on 20:48 - Jul 10 with 969 viewseastangliaisblue

Imagine... on 20:40 - Jul 10 by Libero

“Screwwwww, Blockbusters!”
[Post edited 10 Jul 2020 20:40]

"What's the difference between a fox and a dog? About 8 pints."

I could go on all night with quotes, i've watched it that many times.
Imagine... on 20:49 - Jul 10 with 968 viewsLibero

Dunno why, but I’m REALLY feeling this song tonight...

Imagine... on 20:54 - Jul 10 with 943 viewsLibero

Imagine... on 20:48 - Jul 10 by eastangliaisblue

"What's the difference between a fox and a dog? About 8 pints."

I could go on all night with quotes, i've watched it that many times.

Yes mate, I’m very much the same which is why this whole incident has tickled me so much.

What is it with conservative “free speech” gammon types who claim that everyone is too “easily offended“ being so offended when challenged on their own sh1t? 😂

Snowflakes.
Imagine... on 20:56 - Jul 10 with 934 viewsSpruceMoose

Imagine... on 20:54 - Jul 10 by Libero

Yes mate, I’m very much the same which is why this whole incident has tickled me so much.

What is it with conservative “free speech” gammon types who claim that everyone is too “easily offended“ being so offended when challenged on their own sh1t? 😂

Snowflakes.

Projection seems to be a major trait for those with a right wing outlook.

That and racism and illiteracy.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2020 20:56]

Imagine... on 20:56 - Jul 10 with 928 viewseastangliaisblue

Imagine... on 20:54 - Jul 10 by Libero

Snowflakes.

Made better by the fact you can throw in Office quotes, to take the p1ss out of them!
Imagine... on 20:59 - Jul 10 with 910 viewsLibero

Imagine... on 20:56 - Jul 10 by SpruceMoose

Projection seems to be a major trait for those with a right wing outlook.

That and racism and illiteracy.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2020 20:56]

Mate of mine from Cambridge interviewed Gervais for his YouTube channel/podcast, he said that off air he was laying into brexit voters in a brutal fashion.

G’warn Ricky.
Imagine... on 21:00 - Jul 10 with 903 viewsSpruceMoose

Imagine... on 20:59 - Jul 10 by Libero

Mate of mine from Cambridge interviewed Gervais for his YouTube channel/podcast, he said that off air he was laying into brexit voters in a brutal fashion.

G’warn Ricky.

Doesn't surprise me!

Imagine... on 21:01 - Jul 10 with 902 viewsLibero

Imagine... on 20:56 - Jul 10 by eastangliaisblue

Made better by the fact you can throw in Office quotes, to take the p1ss out of them!

“What was that sh1t? What was YOUR sh1t?!”
Imagine... on 21:32 - Jul 10 with 843 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is that how it ended up? Bonkers.

I kept away from that thread as it all seems like a load of bollox to me. There's no such thing as a 'cancel culture'. It's just that people have the right to not support and promote other people they don't agree with. It doesn't need a label and it's always been the same.

Want to be a stand up comedian doing racist jokes? Expect to not get many gigs. Want to wear a Norwich shirt to enter SBR stand on derby day? Expect to be not let in.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Imagine... on 21:39 - Jul 10 with 805 viewsLibero

Imagine... on 21:32 - Jul 10 by Swansea_Blue

Is that how it ended up? Bonkers.

I kept away from that thread as it all seems like a load of bollox to me. There's no such thing as a 'cancel culture'. It's just that people have the right to not support and promote other people they don't agree with. It doesn't need a label and it's always been the same.

Want to be a stand up comedian doing racist jokes? Expect to not get many gigs. Want to wear a Norwich shirt to enter SBR stand on derby day? Expect to be not let in.

Yeah, I explained that calling someone a “window licker” and denying the context around the word is completely different to the kind of clever contextual 360 that acknowledges the silly on all sides that Gervais’ comedy often offers.

I then conceded that there is a small part of Gervais that the hampster is like,
Chris Finch.
It seemed only appropriate to offer David Brent’s words “Chris, why don’t you just f*ck off”

The hampster reported it as abuse and a few of my posts with direct quotes from the show that he’s claiming that people aren’t tough enough to take these days were removed.

Talk about cancel culture...
[Post edited 10 Jul 2020 21:41]
Imagine... on 21:41 - Jul 10 with 796 viewsBlueBadger

Imagine... on 21:39 - Jul 10 by Libero

Yeah, I explained that calling someone a “window licker” and denying the context around the word is completely different to the kind of clever contextual 360 that acknowledges the silly on all sides that Gervais’ comedy often offers.

I then conceded that there is a small part of Gervais that the hampster is like,
Chris Finch.
It seemed only appropriate to offer David Brent’s words “Chris, why don’t you just f*ck off”

The hampster reported it as abuse and a few of my posts with direct quotes from the show that he’s claiming that people aren’t tough enough to take these days were removed.

Talk about cancel culture...
[Post edited 10 Jul 2020 21:41]

Dear old Hammers loves a bit of right-wing snowflakery. He was totally affronted by LAbour's half-arsedapproach to rooting out antisemitism, but couldn't give a short fat toss about Boris' long and glorious history of open racism and dog-whistling campaigns to other racists.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2020 21:59]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Imagine... on 21:42 - Jul 10 with 789 viewsLibero

Imagine... on 21:41 - Jul 10 by BlueBadger

Dear old Hammers loves a bit of right-wing snowflakery. He was totally affronted by LAbour's half-arsedapproach to rooting out antisemitism, but couldn't give a short fat toss about Boris' long and glorious history of open racism and dog-whistling campaigns to other racists.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2020 21:59]

He voted for it with joy and delight, wasn’t it? Or some similar sycophantic and hyperbolic nonsense that he stated that just went further to illuminate his character.

Anyway, I’d best leave that there, I don’t want to accidentally set off the TWTD bully claim klaxon.

Edit: I just checked, it was actually “pleasure and joy” lol.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2020 21:48]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024