Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season 21:15 - Jul 10 with 2416 viewspatrickswell

it really does put into perspective just how pathetic we were last season. And to have chucked the towel in by November too.

They still haven’t made up for it. And they still haven’t had the shock to the system they deserve for that failure and the ongoing one perpetuated in League One.
When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 21:20 - Jul 10 with 2387 viewsBlueBadger

Pffft, I bet they all wish they'd seen the amount of Improved Performances and enjoyed as much of an Improved Match Day Experience as well did.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 21:21 - Jul 10 with 2392 viewsWarkystache

There's some big teams hoping Wigan's points deduction will save them: Any three from Stoke, Hull, Middlesbrough, Huddersfield, Birmingham....if League One ever kicks off this year, it'll be stronger than last.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 21:24 - Jul 10 with 2381 viewsBlueBadger

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 21:21 - Jul 10 by Warkystache

There's some big teams hoping Wigan's points deduction will save them: Any three from Stoke, Hull, Middlesbrough, Huddersfield, Birmingham....if League One ever kicks off this year, it'll be stronger than last.

Still though, I'm confident that Lamebert can get us out of the division...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 21:26 - Jul 10 with 2370 viewsBent_double

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 21:24 - Jul 10 by BlueBadger

Yeah, we know, straight into L2.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 21:27 - Jul 10 with 2363 viewspatrickswell

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 21:20 - Jul 10 by BlueBadger

Pffft, I bet they all wish they'd seen the amount of Improved Performances and enjoyed as much of an Improved Match Day Experience as well did.

It would be interesting to gather up each of Evans’s end of season missives and see how many feature the phrase, “Although results haven’t been what we hoped...” usually as a caveat to talking about improved facilities or an increase in community engagement. Last season featured the pearler: “We came into this season focussed on a new approach. For whatever reasons, it didn’t work but Paul Lambert’s arrival re-energised the fanbase and although results haven’t been what we hoped...”
When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 21:28 - Jul 10 with 2361 viewsWarkystache

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 21:24 - Jul 10 by BlueBadger

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 21:34 - Jul 10 with 2337 viewsSwansea_Blue

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 21:20 - Jul 10 by BlueBadger

The bizarre thing is that we did put in more effort and did play better on many occasions, whilst still being too crap to get results. It just shows how bad things were and how bored fans were that not good enough was an improvement.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 21:35 - Jul 10 with 2337 viewsBlueBadger

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 21:26 - Jul 10 by Bent_double

Yeah, we know, straight into L2.

Login to get fewer ads

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 21:48 - Jul 10 with 2324 viewsArnieM

But I doubt those involved this seasons Championship relegation fight have suffered a complete change in senior first team squad from that of experienced mid table pros to a “ team” of Leagues One & Town players with absolutely no championship experience between them!
just 9 months earlier!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 21:52 - Jul 10 with 2312 viewsthebooks

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 21:34 - Jul 10 by Swansea_Blue

The bizarre thing is that we did put in more effort and did play better on many occasions, whilst still being too crap to get results. It just shows how bad things were and how bored fans were that not good enough was an improvement.

We were absolutely effing dire on many occasions too, to be fair.
When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 22:13 - Jul 10 with 2267 viewsjaykay

even the cowely bros are having a rough time

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 22:27 - Jul 10 with 2253 viewsChrisd

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 22:13 - Jul 10 by jaykay

even the cowely bros are having a rough time

They are right in the thick of it. With our season finished, find I’m following Luton Town’s results. If they escape relegation it will be a terrific effort on their part. Both Barnsley and The Hatters are giving it a right go to stay up, pity we threw in the towel in November when we were in the Championship.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 22:30 - Jul 10 with 2248 viewsThe_Last_Baron

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 21:52 - Jul 10 by thebooks

Even some of the wins were desperate, a fluke at Swansea and 1-0 v Rotherham when it was 45 minutes of constant pressure in the second half.

Apart from the 2-1 win at Bolton I don't think we were the better side in any of the games we won.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 00:40 - Jul 11 with 2152 viewsMach_foreignBlue

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 21:52 - Jul 10 by thebooks

2-3 defeat to Bristol City summed up our season. Our goalie Bialkowski plus defence Spence, Chambers, Pennington and Knudsen literally gifted them 3 points.........That was the day when I lost all my hopes while watching these hopeless 'professionals'.
When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 00:46 - Jul 11 with 2154 viewsMach_foreignBlue

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 22:27 - Jul 10 by Chrisd

They are right in the thick of it. With our season finished, find I’m following Luton Town’s results. If they escape relegation it will be a terrific effort on their part. Both Barnsley and The Hatters are giving it a right go to stay up, pity we threw in the towel in November when we were in the Championship.

Luton .....fantastic effort today against Huddersfield, watched the game and admired their wholehearted efforts. Wondered why these utter wasters who have been representing our club on the pitch didn't even show a bit of determination and interest to save us from the relegation.
When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 01:33 - Jul 11 with 2121 viewsSpruceMoose

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 00:46 - Jul 11 by Mach_foreignBlue

Luton .....fantastic effort today against Huddersfield, watched the game and admired their wholehearted efforts. Wondered why these utter wasters who have been representing our club on the pitch didn't even show a bit of determination and interest to save us from the relegation.

Is this the Luton who are second from bottom with a -30 goal difference?

I mean, I know we were crap when we went down, but let's not romanticise other teams.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 01:39 - Jul 11 with 2113 viewsMach_foreignBlue

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 01:33 - Jul 11 by SpruceMoose

Is this the Luton who are second from bottom with a -30 goal difference?

I mean, I know we were crap when we went down, but let's not romanticise other teams.

Nothing wrong with showing plaudits for teams efforts. If only our team had showed a bit of that last season, if only.

Yes it's that Luton indeed, that team with -30 goal difference who aren't giving up themselves.
When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 01:43 - Jul 11 with 2109 viewsSpruceMoose

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 01:39 - Jul 11 by Mach_foreignBlue

Nothing wrong with showing plaudits for teams efforts. If only our team had showed a bit of that last season, if only.

Yes it's that Luton indeed, that team with -30 goal difference who aren't giving up themselves.

We could have been relegated second from bottom and fans on the Luton forum could have sung our praises.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 08:19 - Jul 11 with 1956 viewsChrisd

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 01:43 - Jul 11 by SpruceMoose

We could have been relegated second from bottom and fans on the Luton forum could have sung our praises.

They aren’t relegated, let’s get that right. They’ve amassed 44 points, are 2 points from safety and still have 3 games to go against QPR, Hull and Blackburn in their survival bid. That’s a darn sight better effort than what we put in.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2020 8:24]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 09:18 - Jul 11 with 1899 viewsBlueBadger

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 00:46 - Jul 11 by Mach_foreignBlue

Weren't we 'all' lauding the 'improved performances' and deluding ourselves that Lamebert was going to get us promoted with a record points tally at a similar juncture in the season?

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 12:24 - Jul 11 with 1802 viewspatrickswell

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 09:18 - Jul 11 by BlueBadger

Weren't we 'all' lauding the 'improved performances' and deluding ourselves that Lamebert was going to get us promoted with a record points tally at a similar juncture in the season?

All I know is there were plenty of people out there ready to accuse people of being philistines for not being happy that results didn’t improve.

At some point, a moratorium will have been declared on sniping at the past and looking ahead to the future,but the fact that the team were applauded out of the Championship has contributed to our woes this year. The support was taken for granted as shown by the lack of pride put in since October onwards. Even the Rotherham side of 2016/17, which went down with less points than we did came back up through the play-offs the following season, but our lot? “Can’t handle the pressure and expectation of a Third Division promotion challenge”. They signed the death warrants on their careers, because if the can’t hack trying to get us out of the Third Division, then what makes them think they could thrive at a higher level with more expectation? Given the number of big games our manager played in, why hasn’t he helped them handle the expectation better? Unless they see him as big a waste of space and time as we do.
When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 15:09 - Jul 11 with 1712 viewsKeno

When you look at the compelling relegation fight in the Championship this season on 12:24 - Jul 11 by patrickswell

All I know is there were plenty of people out there ready to accuse people of being philistines for not being happy that results didn’t improve.

At some point, a moratorium will have been declared on sniping at the past and looking ahead to the future,but the fact that the team were applauded out of the Championship has contributed to our woes this year. The support was taken for granted as shown by the lack of pride put in since October onwards. Even the Rotherham side of 2016/17, which went down with less points than we did came back up through the play-offs the following season, but our lot? “Can’t handle the pressure and expectation of a Third Division promotion challenge”. They signed the death warrants on their careers, because if the can’t hack trying to get us out of the Third Division, then what makes them think they could thrive at a higher level with more expectation? Given the number of big games our manager played in, why hasn’t he helped them handle the expectation better? Unless they see him as big a waste of space and time as we do.

Maybe that moratorium will come when things actually start to look better, results improve and we have more reason to look forward

In the meantime ..... Lambert Out

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024