Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McGoaldrick 17:50 - Jul 11 with 7193 viewsvapour_trail

Great to see him finally a top flight goal scorer.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

McGoaldrick on 17:54 - Jul 11 with 4852 viewsjeera

The man's a class act.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

McGoaldrick on 19:06 - Jul 11 with 4784 viewsvapour_trail

McGoaldrick on 17:54 - Jul 11 by jeera

The man's a class act.

Booooooom

McGoaldrick on 19:08 - Jul 11 with 4776 viewsITFC_Forever

The man's a class act.

ITFC Player of the Decade.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

McGoaldrick on 19:24 - Jul 11 with 4731 viewsSamWhiteUK

McGoaldrick on 19:08 - Jul 11 by ITFC_Forever

I do hope you're joking. Didn't play enough games for that!
McGoaldrick on 19:26 - Jul 11 with 4723 viewshampstead_blue

Agree.

What a wonderful player.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

McGoaldrick on 19:26 - Jul 11 with 4722 viewsITFC_Forever

McGoaldrick on 19:24 - Jul 11 by SamWhiteUK

I do hope you're joking. Didn't play enough games for that!

Not at all.

We were so much worse without him, it was embarrassing.

He played for us from 2013 to 2018.

Name me another who could claim the Best Player of the Decade title. Berra possibly, Bart possibly. Maybe Murphy. Struggling to think of any more.

McGoaldrick on 19:29 - Jul 11 with 4704 viewsvapour_trail

Stiff competition.

McGoaldrick on 20:03 - Jul 11 with 4608 viewsbaxterbasics

He could be playing in Europe next year. Good on him. He was our best player of the MM era.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Login to get fewer ads

McGoaldrick on 20:28 - Jul 11 with 4545 viewsBluefish

McGoaldrick on 19:26 - Jul 11 by ITFC_Forever

Not at all.

Name me another who could claim the Best Player of the Decade title. Berra possibly, Bart possibly. Maybe Murphy. Struggling to think of any more.

Skuse

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

McGoaldrick on 20:32 - Jul 11 with 4530 viewsfooters

Not at all.

Paul Taylor?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

McGoaldrick on 20:53 - Jul 11 with 4476 viewsDarth_Koont

Not at all.

Agreed.

I love Murphy too but McGoldrick is my favourite player of the last decade precisely because of how much better we were with him on the pitch. A total team player with quality which is why he's been good enough for Wilder even when he's not been scoring.

Fantastic that he's got a couple today and not going to be given a label (even in the Premiership) that he doesn't deserve.

Pronouns: He/Him

McGoaldrick on 21:15 - Jul 11 with 4425 viewsLibero

What a load of b0llocks.
McGoaldrick on 21:18 - Jul 11 with 4412 viewsDarth_Koont

McGoaldrick on 21:15 - Jul 11 by Libero

What a load of b0llocks.

I love you but you're going to embarrass yourself here.

I've got a horrible feeling you're going to say Keith Andrews.

McGoaldrick on 21:50 - Jul 11 with 4352 viewsITFC_Forever

What a load of b0llocks.

Go on then, who?

As per my other comment on the thread, the only other possible contenders are Berra, Bart and possibly Murphy. McG trumps them all.

McGoaldrick on 22:09 - Jul 11 with 4298 viewsjudespiveyg

What a load of b0llocks.

He's just about the only player we had in the 2010s (who made any significant number of appearences for us) who I was genuinally convinced had a good level of technical ability. Murphy was a hard worker and effective forward but can hardly be said to be a very refined player.

If nothing else Mcgoldrick was entertainment in a squad full of unentertaining players. (With possible exceptions to Mings and Bishop but neither played a lot for us)

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

McGoaldrick on 23:12 - Jul 11 with 4198 viewsstrikalite

The man's a class act.

A glass act with us Jeera...

Typically..
McGoaldrick on 23:39 - Jul 11 with 4157 viewsDarth_Koont

McGoaldrick on 23:12 - Jul 11 by strikalite

Typically..

Harsh. He didn’t miss a lot of games but we certainly missed him when he did.

If we’d had more players with McGoldrick’s ability and effort we’d have gone up.

McGoaldrick on 23:41 - Jul 11 with 4152 viewsvapour_trail

McGoaldrick on 23:12 - Jul 11 by strikalite

Typically..

Glass knees.

Forgot about that.

McGoaldrick on 02:18 - Jul 12 with 4053 viewsjeera

McGoaldrick on 23:41 - Jul 11 by vapour_trail

Glass knees.

Forgot about that.

And testicles.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

McGoaldrick on 08:10 - Jul 12 with 3943 viewsLibero

McGoaldrick on 21:18 - Jul 11 by Darth_Koont

I love you but you're going to embarrass yourself here.

I've got a horrible feeling you're going to say Keith Andrews.

What?! Andrews was a f*cking awful player!!
McGoaldrick on 08:22 - Jul 12 with 3927 viewsLibero

McGoaldrick on 21:50 - Jul 11 by ITFC_Forever

Go on then, who?

As per my other comment on the thread, the only other possible contenders are Berra, Bart and possibly Murphy. McG trumps them all.

Murphy, Bartosz or Skuse are the options really., but the title itself is a bit irrelevant, we’ve been as bad as we’ve ever been over the last decade and even when we’ve been good in that time it’s been very much a team effort.

McGoldrick has an incredible purple patch where he was unplayable, but my abiding memory will always be the player who clearly had a lot of natural talent but was not up to speed/in sync with the rest of the squad. So many times he would come on and try and do just too much, collecting the ball so deep and trying to do it all, the irony is it slowed us down and meant that he as an attacking player wasn’t in a position where he would actually be dangerous.

Undoubted technical ability but after the Southampton cup games he was sincerely found out, clubs would mark him out of the game and the freedom he used to have to take an early shot was gone as people realised that they could crowd him out on the edge of the box.

People got all dewy eyedover him towards the end of his time here because he was the one “flair” player we had, aesthetically he looked beautiful with the ball dancing around but by the end of his time here he was struggling to score in open play, only got 4 in open play I believe in his last season, the rest of his haul being penalties.

We had to let him go when we did, he was one of our top earners who we struggled to get on the pitch and when we did his output wasn’t justifying the large chunk of our budget that he was taking up.

Well done to him for making it work at Sheffield United, unfortunately at Ipswich I’ll always remember him as the player who looked very pretty to watch but failed time after time to recapture the form that earned him his reputation with the supporters.
McGoaldrick on 08:47 - Jul 12 with 3890 viewstextbackup

McGoaldrick on 08:22 - Jul 12 by Libero

Murphy, Bartosz or Skuse are the options really., but the title itself is a bit irrelevant, we’ve been as bad as we’ve ever been over the last decade and even when we’ve been good in that time it’s been very much a team effort.

McGoldrick has an incredible purple patch where he was unplayable, but my abiding memory will always be the player who clearly had a lot of natural talent but was not up to speed/in sync with the rest of the squad. So many times he would come on and try and do just too much, collecting the ball so deep and trying to do it all, the irony is it slowed us down and meant that he as an attacking player wasn’t in a position where he would actually be dangerous.

Undoubted technical ability but after the Southampton cup games he was sincerely found out, clubs would mark him out of the game and the freedom he used to have to take an early shot was gone as people realised that they could crowd him out on the edge of the box.

People got all dewy eyedover him towards the end of his time here because he was the one “flair” player we had, aesthetically he looked beautiful with the ball dancing around but by the end of his time here he was struggling to score in open play, only got 4 in open play I believe in his last season, the rest of his haul being penalties.

We had to let him go when we did, he was one of our top earners who we struggled to get on the pitch and when we did his output wasn’t justifying the large chunk of our budget that he was taking up.

Well done to him for making it work at Sheffield United, unfortunately at Ipswich I’ll always remember him as the player who looked very pretty to watch but failed time after time to recapture the form that earned him his reputation with the supporters.

‘Was not up to speed with the rest of the team’ - he was miles ahead of everyone else and you could see he really didn’t like having to pass to someone sht.

Mick Mills would speak so highly about him, and I’d suggest his knowledge on the game/a player is pretty decent

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

McGoaldrick on 08:50 - Jul 12 with 3880 viewsBluefish

I'll always remember him as the player that was worth the entrance fee on his own. The one that we were so lucky to have because he was on another level to just about every player we have owned in my lifetime.

I'm not saying him leaving wasn't the right time because sadly it was but I will always be great to have seen him in a blue shirt

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

McGoaldrick on 09:02 - Jul 12 with 3862 viewsITFC_Forever

You mean the rest of the team weren’t up to speed with him. There’s a subtle but very significant difference.

McGoaldrick on 09:17 - Jul 12 with 3818 viewsHerbivore

McGoaldrick on 09:02 - Jul 12 by ITFC_Forever

You mean the rest of the team weren’t up to speed with him. There’s a subtle but very significant difference.

The Alan Judge defence.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024