Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich stats this season 17:55 - Jul 11 with 2108 viewsTommyparker

24th league defeat - in no league season in their history have they lost more.
Fewest away goals in a season 7 lowest ever in PL history
Failing to score a League- high 17th game this season.
Norwich have been relegated from the PL for a record fifth time.
Nine of the 11 players that started against West Ham today also started the final Championship game of last season.
While Aston Villa spent more than 100 million after winning promotion, Norwich spent a fraction of that sum, with 750,000 for West Ham Sam Byram one of their biggest outlays.
Only highlights for Norwich beating Man City, Everton away & 2 home draws against Tottenham & Arsenal.
Norwich stats this season on 18:15 - Jul 11 with 1997 viewsBLUEBEAT

Their response will be they’ve been planning for the bigger picture.

They never expected/planned to get promotion this season.

It’s seen as a bonus boost of millions of pounds to help cement them as a top Championship side and ultimately a secure Premiership side.

The stats look nice and we can all hope on a double-relegation, I guess...
[Post edited 11 Jul 2020 18:16]

Poll: W or W

Norwich stats this season on 18:21 - Jul 11 with 1972 viewsJimmyJazz

So who is in the best position - assuming Villa get relegated? Norwich or Villa?

But, does a team with stats this bad bounce straight back? I'm not so sure they will bounce straight back, for sure they have fixed their finances though

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Norwich stats this season on 19:13 - Jul 11 with 1869 viewsArnieM

Oh the narwich fans will No doubt be bigging themselves up in terms of “ look how much money our club has “..... “look at what our club can secure in transfer fees”, we’re a well run club blsh blah blah .

Truth is it’s all plastic. Players taking big salaries .... moving on to Big clubs for big fees .... Delia pocketing the dosh.... They are and always have been a Championship outfit. They yo- yo up n down , never actually competing in the Premier League ( Sheffield Utd are, Bournemouth, Fulham, Palace, Swansea all did to some extent ). Scum just bob around the PL in the bottom three , then come down with ridiculous amounts of parachute money got basically “failure”.

Would i want Town to do this ? Not really . The PL is one big con. The only people to prosper are the players and the owners.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Norwich stats this season on 19:24 - Jul 11 with 1831 viewsBloomBlue

They will probably also see earning £90million (ish) for finishing bottom of the league as a highlight
Norwich stats this season on 19:30 - Jul 11 with 1811 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Norwich stats this season on 19:13 - Jul 11 by ArnieM

Oh the narwich fans will No doubt be bigging themselves up in terms of “ look how much money our club has “..... “look at what our club can secure in transfer fees”, we’re a well run club blsh blah blah .

Truth is it’s all plastic. Players taking big salaries .... moving on to Big clubs for big fees .... Delia pocketing the dosh.... They are and always have been a Championship outfit. They yo- yo up n down , never actually competing in the Premier League ( Sheffield Utd are, Bournemouth, Fulham, Palace, Swansea all did to some extent ). Scum just bob around the PL in the bottom three , then come down with ridiculous amounts of parachute money got basically “failure”.

Would i want Town to do this ? Not really . The PL is one big con. The only people to prosper are the players and the owners.

You want looking at!

Would I rather be languishing in the third tier or would I prefer promotion to the PL and have a go at staying there for a few years, even if I go down again and have another go? Hmm; now let me think...

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Norwich stats this season on 20:02 - Jul 11 with 1723 viewsfactual_blue

Farke In!

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Norwich stats this season on 20:08 - Jul 11 with 1710 viewsEastTownBlue

Most unfair.

They also beat Leicester at home.
Norwich stats this season on 22:02 - Jul 11 with 1554 viewsbournemouthblue

Norwich stats this season on 19:30 - Jul 11 by Tangledupin_Blue

You want looking at!

Would I rather be languishing in the third tier or would I prefer promotion to the PL and have a go at staying there for a few years, even if I go down again and have another go? Hmm; now let me think...

Agreed, what we'd do for that currently

The sad thing is, they can probably go and spend £20 million next season in the Championship and strengthen

They'll probably flog one of Aarons, Cantwell, Godfrey or Lewis for decent cash too

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich stats this season on 22:48 - Jul 11 with 1479 viewsElderGrizzly

Norwich stats this season on 22:55 - Jul 11 with 1459 viewsstonojnr

You want looking at!

yep exactly, and to be relegated 5 times from the premiership, you first have to have been promoted to that higher league that many times to be there.

weve been relegated 2 times from the premiership in the 28 years since it was founded, because weve only been promoted to it 2 times, we are now languishing midtable in League 1, and not one Town fan would remotely feel confident of promotion in the next season whenever that may happen.

is a season of pain playing against the top sides in the country really that bad if the downside is you end up totally financially secure and just yoyo between Prem & Championship constantly ?

even if Town were promoted next season, and by some miracle the season after, it would still be 20 years since Town were last in the top division. 20 flippin years!!!

dont get me wrong I enjoy seeing them relegated, but for all the bad records they might have set this season, theyre in a better position than us for sure
Norwich stats this season on 07:27 - Jul 12 with 1247 viewseastangliaisblue

You want looking at!

Exactly this. I would take the season they have just had, over any we have had in the last 18 years or so.
Norwich stats this season on 10:54 - Jul 12 with 1057 viewsElephantintheRoom

I think there are two reasons for this, both of which are fairly obvious and somewhat admirable.

1. They overspent on rubbish players last time they got promoted and were determined not to make the same mistake again

2. They have a plan and are sticking to it. Even to the extent that promotion last season was a surprise to everyone.

This sort of assumes they wont sink without trace like most relegated teams do now that their underperforming and now overpaid players are so comfortable with their limited 'success'.

Personally I think they will follow the Huddersfield model next season and struggle to survive because of the millstone of parachute payments

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024