Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bogey players that have haunted Town 20:28 - Jul 12 with 2908 viewsmidastouch

I'll start with David Nugent.

Any other players anybody can think of that always seem to have a knack of scoring against us? And no chubby wrestlers allowed!

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Bogey players that have haunted Town on 20:32 - Jul 12 with 2465 viewsbrazil1982

I recall Martin Foyle and Bob Taylor.
Bogey players that have haunted Town on 20:33 - Jul 12 with 2457 viewsgainsboroughblue

John Byrne
Devon White

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Bogey players that have haunted Town on 20:40 - Jul 12 with 2420 viewsIpswichKnight

Devon White and Clive Mendonca always used to score against us.
Bogey players that have haunted Town on 20:40 - Jul 12 with 2421 viewsFunge

Mark Rivers & Clive Mendonca sprung immediately to mind.

I think 80% of Mendonca's career goals were scored against us.
Bogey players that have haunted Town on 20:44 - Jul 12 with 2401 viewsbournemouthblue

Mikhail Antonio seemed to pop up with a few goals against us

Lee Tomlin always seemed to have a Stormer against us

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Bogey players that have haunted Town on 20:54 - Jul 12 with 2363 viewsmidastouch

Things have slipped to the extent that even Lee Martin has turned into a bogey player for Town!

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Bogey players that have haunted Town on 20:59 - Jul 12 with 2314 viewsOldsmoker

Bogey players that have haunted Town on 20:54 - Jul 12 by midastouch

Things have slipped to the extent that even Lee Martin has turned into a bogey player for Town!

Was he playing for us at the time?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Bogey players that have haunted Town on 21:01 - Jul 12 with 2305 viewsDubtractor

Bogey players that have haunted Town on 20:40 - Jul 12 by IpswichKnight

Devon White and Clive Mendonca always used to score against us.

They were the 2 I was thinking of!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Bogey players that have haunted Town on 21:20 - Jul 12 with 2253 viewsSuperblue95

There seemed to be about 412 seasons in a row where we lost 1-0 to Hull due to a Robert Koren goal

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Bogey players that have haunted Town on 21:50 - Jul 12 with 2197 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Jordan Rhodes.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Bogey players that have haunted Town on 22:53 - Jul 12 with 2111 viewsRadlett_blue

David Webb of Chelsea. Scored a hat trick at Portman Road form centre back in a 3-1 defeat on Boxing Day, 1968. Played 90 minutes as a starting emergency goalkeeper in December 1971 & kept a clean sheet as Chelsea beat us 2-0. Scored 2 more at PR, at least playing as a forward this time, in another defeat in 1972.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Bogey players that have haunted Town on 00:30 - Jul 13 with 2043 viewspatrickswell

Bogey players that have haunted Town on 20:40 - Jul 12 by Funge

Mark Rivers & Clive Mendonca sprung immediately to mind.

I think 80% of Mendonca's career goals were scored against us.

On that tack , I remember in the 1996/97 season, Bradford City signed a striker called Ole Sundgot. He only scored 6 goals for them that campaign but 4 of them were against us - a pair of 2 goal hauls in a 2-1 win for Bradford at Valley Parade and a 3-2 defeat in the return at Portman Road. He sticks in my mind because the build up to his winning goal at Bradford Road featured an outrageous foul on Mauricio Taricco by Jamie Lawrence which went unchecked by the officials.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 0:31]
Bogey players that have haunted Town on 03:20 - Jul 13 with 1976 viewsSuperCoops

Steve Kabba (Grimsby) and Marco Gabbiadini?
Bogey players that have haunted Town on 06:35 - Jul 13 with 1915 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Mark Rivers, who then added the cherry to the icing by signing for the scum

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Bogey players that have haunted Town on 06:44 - Jul 13 with 1907 viewsLibero

When I was a kid I seem to remember Brett Angel playing well against us for a couple of clubs.
Bogey players that have haunted Town on 07:00 - Jul 13 with 1889 viewsBlueBadger

Nicky Forster. To the point where we tried signing him in order for him to stop him undoing us. So we signed him and he promptly got injured for most of the 05/06 season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bogey players that have haunted Town on 08:33 - Jul 13 with 1795 viewsPendejo

Marcus Stewart, but at least he then signed for us and repaid in superb style

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Bogey players that have haunted Town on 08:35 - Jul 13 with 1789 viewswaveneyblue

We made Iwan Roberts look like Dennis Bergkamp on a couple of occasions when he played for Norwich FFS
Bogey players that have haunted Town on 08:48 - Jul 13 with 1768 viewsPendejo

Bogey players that have haunted Town on 22:53 - Jul 12 by Radlett_blue

David Webb of Chelsea. Scored a hat trick at Portman Road form centre back in a 3-1 defeat on Boxing Day, 1968. Played 90 minutes as a starting emergency goalkeeper in December 1971 & kept a clean sheet as Chelsea beat us 2-0. Scored 2 more at PR, at least playing as a forward this time, in another defeat in 1972.

Isn't he also the scorer of the phantom goal?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Bogey players that have haunted Town on 09:16 - Jul 13 with 1724 viewspatrickswell

Bogey players that have haunted Town on 08:48 - Jul 13 by Pendejo

Isn't he also the scorer of the phantom goal?

That was Alan Hudson.
Bogey players that have haunted Town on 09:24 - Jul 13 with 1716 viewsGeoffSentence

David Nugent's record against us really was remarkable.

https://www.transfermarkt.scot/david-nugent/bilanz/spieler/33963

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Bogey players that have haunted Town on 10:13 - Jul 13 with 1651 viewsEdwardStone

Rob Greenie, Nodge keeper

He sounds like a bogey player
Bogey players that have haunted Town on 10:59 - Jul 13 with 1600 viewsGaryCooper

John Richards for Wolves late 1970s early 1980s.
Bogey players that have haunted Town on 11:08 - Jul 13 with 1582 viewslazyblue

Nugent is far and away the real bogey man against Ipswich, others may have scored 2/3 but he was a complete pain to us over a prolonged period of time.
Bogey players that have haunted Town on 11:38 - Jul 13 with 1557 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bogey players that have haunted Town on 09:24 - Jul 13 by GeoffSentence

David Nugent's record against us really was remarkable.

https://www.transfermarkt.scot/david-nugent/bilanz/spieler/33963

That's quite something, isn't it. I'd be very surprised if there was another player who had such a good record, both in terms of wins and goals. I knew he'd done well against us, but didn't realise quite how well.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024