Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bogey players that have haunted Town 20:28 - Jul 12 with 2897 viewsmidastouch

I'll start with David Nugent.

Any other players anybody can think of that always seem to have a knack of scoring against us? And no chubby wrestlers allowed!

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Bogey players that have haunted Town on 12:47 - Jul 13 with 397 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Bogey players that have haunted Town on 20:40 - Jul 12 by Funge

Mark Rivers & Clive Mendonca sprung immediately to mind.

I think 80% of Mendonca's career goals were scored against us.

Mendonca scored against everyone, he was a fine striker. We should have signed him when he was at Grimsby.

Ian Wright always destroyed us when he played against us for both Palace and Arsenal.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Bogey players that have haunted Town on 14:18 - Jul 13 with 360 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Bogey players that have haunted Town on 00:30 - Jul 13 by patrickswell

On that tack , I remember in the 1996/97 season, Bradford City signed a striker called Ole Sundgot. He only scored 6 goals for them that campaign but 4 of them were against us - a pair of 2 goal hauls in a 2-1 win for Bradford at Valley Parade and a 3-2 defeat in the return at Portman Road. He sticks in my mind because the build up to his winning goal at Bradford Road featured an outrageous foul on Mauricio Taricco by Jamie Lawrence which went unchecked by the officials.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 0:31]

Bjorn Ole Sundgot (I think was his full name) sticks in my mind because I ruined a perfectly good pair of jeans.

When he scored he slid on his knees and at that time not many players were doing so. Bradford were 2-1 up with about 2 minutes left and their fans were all taking turns running up and down the front of away end and sliding on their knees.

We scored twice (something like 89' and 93') to win it and a load of us in Churchmans ran over to slide over on our knees in front of them. Tuesday night I believe.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Bogey players that have haunted Town on 14:32 - Jul 13 with 336 viewsblueprint

Paul Furlong
Bogey players that have haunted Town on 14:34 - Jul 13 with 333 viewsmidastouch

Eiður Guðjohnsen was a real handful for a while when playing against us.
And Dean Holdsworth could cause us problems too.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Bogey players that have haunted Town on 14:44 - Jul 13 with 323 viewsblueprint

Didn’t Jostein Flo always score against us for Sheffield United?
Bogey players that have haunted Town on 18:51 - Jul 13 with 247 viewsmanchego

Bogey players that have haunted Town on 11:38 - Jul 13 by Swansea_Blue

That's quite something, isn't it. I'd be very surprised if there was another player who had such a good record, both in terms of wins and goals. I knew he'd done well against us, but didn't realise quite how well.

Messi has scored 37 times against Sevilla but that's not what we are talking about really.
Bogey players that have haunted Town on 19:03 - Jul 13 with 242 viewsIpswichKnight

Bogey players that have haunted Town on 14:44 - Jul 13 by blueprint

Didn’t Jostein Flo always score against us for Sheffield United?

Certainly felt like it, another Norwegian who it felt like always scored was Jan Age Fjotoft.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024